Some Things in MCF Marketplace Too Cheap to be True?

Nmnhnlm

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=5112

Sounds like a good deal.
Can keep this number handy in the car.
Anyone knows if Arrow Tyres is gimmicky?
Emergency On-Site Battery Assistance
45.jpg
Emergency On-Site Battery Assistance

On-Site Emergency Battery Assistance available from $28.
This special service is available for any location in Singapore.
No gimmicks, we will honour the quotation we give during the emergency call up.
Call 83998810 now for our reliable and swift service.

What's wrong with this? It's just a service to jumpstart your dying battery...

Didn't say jump-start, just say emergency battery assistance. May be to go there and change a battery for you and you pay for the battery. Or if go there and find out not battery problem, then suggest you take up their other repair services.

And the million-dollar word "FROM" $28. Probably during night hours will be more ex.

Note: Not saying this is not good, just saying that there are many permutations possible.

Well in that case, the ad is misleading. But what if you don't wanna change your battery? Assistance alone will cost you $28, right?

Didn't say jump-start, just say emergency battery assistance. May be to go there and change a battery for you and you pay for the battery. Or if go there and find out not battery problem, then suggest you take up their other repair services.

And the million-dollar word "FROM" $28. Probably during night hours will be more ex.

Note: Not saying this is not good, just saying that there are many permutations possible.

Recently I have a bad experience with tri-king, a retailer at marketplace.

When I post my review, account manager refuse to upload the review to marketplace despite me posting my actual invoice from tri-king.

It made me decide to post this post.

Car seat ad for $250 inclusive of installation.

Went to their place on Monday, the counter girl say store not open, come back another day.

I then ask them to re-confirm the price and she said yes as per listing.

The next day I after giving them a call, I proceeded over.

Then they say is $350 instead of $250.

I did agreed on $350 afterwards as I'm aware things are too good to be true it's probably true.

Then I wrote the review.

Car seat not center as they claim it's like that.

Ask if whether I can adjust it if I need some minor adjustment and they say yes.

Said it will be ready in 1-2hrs yet the whole job got delayed for 4hrs.

I got the car back, left my original seats there and told them I will collect tomorrow.

Immediately I dropped the review and I believe Mcf account manager highlight this issue to them.

On wed when I return to collect my original seat i ask whether can adjust 2cm higher for my newly installed race seat and they say cannot.

Maybe my actual review was being known to them, they changed the pricing and also the service towards me.

Told the account manager to reply to me but since nothing had been done for 48hrs, I'm sharing with MCf and also my 2000 over members in uber & grabcar FB page.

• Praise 6

When I post my review, account manager refuse to upload the review to marketplace despite me posting my actual invoice from tri-king.

Went to their place on Monday, the counter girl say store not open, come back another day.

I did agreed on $350 afterwards as I'm aware things are too good to be true it's probably true.

Then I wrote the review.

Ask if whether I can adjust it if I need some minor adjustment and they say yes.

I got the car back, left my original seats there and told them I will collect tomorrow.

Immediately I dropped the review and I believe Mcf account manager highlight this issue to them.

On wed when I return to collect my original seat i ask whether can adjust 2cm higher for my newly installed race seat and they say cannot.

Maybe my actual review was being known to them, they changed the pricing and also the service towards me.

Told the account manager to reply to me but since nothing had been done for 48hrs, I'm sharing with MCf and also my 2000 over members in uber & grabcar FB page.

I know what you mean. Some workshops tend to post misleading prices on the marketplace. In fact when you call them up, they tell you a different price completely. Like WTF.

Only tyre queen was nice enough to clarify their mistake and honour the price listed in the ad. So I got the tires changed at the price they listed despite it being 50 bucks off what they'd usually charge.

• Praise 1

Then I wrote the review.

Its true. I have seen bad reviews being deleted for those recommended merchants. I guess "recommended merchants" pay monthly fee.

Perhaps they should have a thread open for reviews which are NOT moderated by merchants.

This way they wont be able to suka suka only show those review which is in favour to them.

Shame on them for doing such a thing.

Its true. I have seen bad reviews being deleted for those recommended merchants. I guess "recommended merchants" pay monthly fee.

• Praise 1

If they continue with such a practice, soon, "recommended" merchants will be very much avoided.

They should learn to improve their quality of service and understand that constructive criticism meant there's room for more business IF they are willing to tweak what's lacking. Hide here hide there negative but constructive comments just so childish. Internet has made the marketplace much smaller and easier to pass bad experiences.

Safe ride and dun drink drive

Cheers

• Praise 1

Next step they send lawyers letter demanding formal apology and retraction of past statements, because on the internet people can also anyhow write things. Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt but if the reviewer has actual proof then should be quite straightforward.

I'd agree, the safest thing to do is avoid the Recommended Merchants or even better, all the merchants. Just go back to the usual tried and tested sources and from word-of-mouth of friends/relatives/colleagues, just like we did in the old days.

↡ Advertisement