Why Ong Teng Cheong no state funeral but Goh Keng Swee ...

Piyopico

I believe Dr Goh was the one who actually did most of the work. LKY is a lawyer by profession, so he mostly talk only.

DO you understand the real meaning & responsibility of a leader?

What about the judiciary system that keeps you safe till now?

↡ Advertisement

Will our Dear Leader get a State Funeral when he mati? Can we choose not to give him? ( cos its a waste of tax-payers' money when alive need to feed him millions and when mati still need to pay. )

Why our late President was shut out but a state funeral given to Goh Keng Swee?

I have the upmost respect for the late Goh Keng Swee but who decides our late president is underserving of this honour?

Sometimes I really feel very very sad ..........

You should check carefully before posting here.

It's widely known the late President Ong do not want a state funeral.. Like everyone say, he is a humble and everyday man like us, hence he might prefer a simpler funeral arrangement.

It's widely known the late President Ong do not want a state funeral.. Like everyone say, he is a humble and everyday man like us, hence he might prefer a simpler funeral arrangement.

What a great guy former President Ong is. So humble.

No one has ever stepped forward to give their "official" reason.

So if MBT die he get state funeral too ?

Pui .........

you can be the 1st one to step forward.

true

and Byebye Goh Keng Swee & Ong Teng Cheong

It was stated in today's papers that Goh's family also preferred a private funeral and not a state funeral but in the end they were persuaded to have one..

why the few good man are gone ......?..sigh.... [bigcry]

they are all above 80-90 years old, you expect them to live forever <_<

moreover all but few were retired for many year, no one mentioned them (out of sight), now then you [bigcry] [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

It was stated in today's papers that Goh's family also preferred a private funeral and not a state funeral but in the end they were persuaded to have one..

politically correct since election is coming around

to show the public what miw have done for us

thank you

Neutral Newbie

why do we always honor people that are already dead more than we honor people still living

as if those that are dead already can come back to thank us

Its amazing that the press had alot of the details ready in just half a day...the TV news was ready showing all the video clips and past contributions.

And today straits times, got all the articles and write in letters about this great GKS.

Great work...like the scout motto..."Be Prepared"

I wonder does the press also already prepared the various articles ready in their harddrive....just waiting for whoever next leader to kick the bucket next.

election coming.....need to drum up past glories [:p]

election coming.....need to drum up past glories [:p]

Though we know its not a serious comment, but please, as decorum goes, and for a person whom has done so much for us, give peace for late Mr Goh and his family

Neutral Newbie

Its amazing that the press had alot of the details ready in just half a day...the TV news was ready showing all the video clips and past contributions.

And today straits times, got all the articles and write in letters about this great GKS.

I wonder does the press also already prepared the various articles ready in their harddrive....just waiting for whoever next leader to kick the bucket next.

i do understand the press have all inform and obiturary ready for ALL important persons in the country

It is common practice in the press really, to have "Obituaries" prepared of famous people just in case. American and British press especially.

Neutral Newbie

I used to be in the media line so I can provide some insight on how these reports are prepared.

For GKS, when he had his major stroke in 2008, the media had already scrambled to prepare 90% of relevant tributes and report. The remaining 10% are usually interview clips filmed on the day of "incident". So the tribute short film that we saw yesterday on the mediacorp channels have been prepared way before hand. Only the interviews with Danabhalan, etc was editted and added before telecast.

You can be sure that there is already a "DVD" prepared for LKY and is constantly updated. I won't be surprised if one was already made for LSL (due to his cancer). Maybe they would have prepared something for Khaw Boon Wan, in case he succumbs to complications from his by-pass.

But one thing is for sure, let's say IF (I must stress the big IF) Teo Chee Hean was to suffer a sudden fatal heart attack, both SPH and mediacorp will not be able to produce such detailed media tribute in such a short time.

Just to let you know as well, 90% of your Sunday Straits Times articles are prepared weeks in advance.

Twincharged
(edited)

Of course now Raj and GKS had passed on....time for them to bring their missing buddy w them. :P

well said, well said....

hopefully got a few days public holiday... :)

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement