Help! my ABS kicks in waaayyy too easily!

Somebody

it kicks in when i go over a bump!

it kicks in when i go over those metal humps!

when it rains, it kicks in waaay sooner than what my gen2 or camy does...

resulting in a ssssuuuupeeer long stopping distance...

any explanation?

possible that i have a faulty ABS? or its just that my tyres are not grippy enough?

↡ Advertisement

I have a feeling it might not be ABS. I don't understand how ABS can kick in over humps.

But is ur car under warrenty? If yes just bring it to the service center to rectify the problem.

I remember there was a case where the Kia Forte was have the same problem ( front knocking sound n jerking in front wheels)

In the end it was faulty suspension system.

U might want to get a pro to check it out for u before it gets out of hand.

Twincharged

Might be the tires. Got the same problem last time. After changing tires then no problems again.

I have a feeling it might not be ABS. I don't understand how ABS can kick in over humps.

Some humps are painted with yellow strips, and the paint is quite slick.

When braking hard on the hump, once the front tyres touch the paint, front tyre will slip and lock up, resulting in ABS activating.

Might be the tires. Got the same problem last time. After changing tires then no problems again.

To TS's issue, I share the same views as yours.

best is go to your nearest reputable workshop for advice... dun drag regarding anything that can compromise your/others people safety on the road

Some humps are painted with yellow strips, and the paint is quite slick.

When braking hard on the hump, once the front tyres touch the paint, front tyre will slip and lock up, resulting in ABS activating.

be extra careful of those steel plates that are lay across the road during construction work.....especially when they are near traffic light junctions...last time balls nearly dropped when i brake at a traffic junction after a shower across those plates....wheels locked up and slipped [dizzy] [dizzy]

i sent it in to Honda Service centre today.

told him what i wrote here. and he seems to say its just the ABS doing its job. and that it could be my tyres not being grippy enough.

asked him if there is any chance of the ABS being "over sensitive", he said "unlikely, if not the ABS signal will light up"

so i guess i just have to go change my tyres.... or do you bros have any other advice?

hi bro, anyway to DIY check?

mine kicks in at MSCP.

wah fierce. u do handbrake turns up and down ah?!

liddat yrs not anti-lock braking system...

its always brake system.

Supersonic

It's unlikely that your tyre is so worn or bald that every little bump will trigger ABS.

I had tyres that do trigger more or less, but only when driven hard and brake over wet puddles.

ABS sensor could be an issue.

ABS light on the instrument cluster only when there's a malfunction in the circuit board.

Whether it's too sensitive or not, should not cause the ABS to light.

it kicks in when i go over a bump!

it kicks in when i go over those metal humps!

when it rains, it kicks in waaay sooner than what my gen2 or camy does...

resulting in a ssssuuuupeeer long stopping distance...

any explanation?

possible that i have a faulty ABS? or its just that my tyres are not grippy enough?

If the tyre is botak and result in wet weather very slippery ABS kick in easily then the tyre is really very botak until like those semi slick tyre which in normal condition should be more grippy due the more rubber contact with the road so go over metal hump wun activate ABS right? Unless when u go over metal hump also wet?

- What tyres are u using and for how long?

- When did the problem start, and did it occur gradually or suddenly?

- Does it occur for for all humps, and both in the dry and wet?

- You driving manual or auto?

i sent it in to Honda Service centre today.

told him what i wrote here. and he seems to say its just the ABS doing its job. and that it could be my tyres not being grippy enough.

asked him if there is any chance of the ABS being "over sensitive", he said "unlikely, if not the ABS signal will light up"

so i guess i just have to go change my tyres.... or do you bros have any other advice?

↡ Advertisement