Help! my ABS kicks in waaayyy too easily!

Somebody

i have trhe same problem as u when i was using firenza ST05. ABS kicked in at MCST and other slipery surface. Its unlikely that ur ABS is faulty as the car will check the ABS everytime u turn on the car. If ABS really kaput, u will see the lit turned on and stays there....

If u hv sent ur car to KH and their findings is your tyre fault. then take their advise.... afterall, no one knows honda better them them in Singapore... go and replace both of your front tyre and run in for 500km, from there, monitor the progress.... if situation im[roved, replace the other 2 tyre as well.

↡ Advertisement

it kicks in when i go over a bump!

it kicks in when i go over those metal humps!

when it rains, it kicks in waaay sooner than what my gen2 or camy does...

resulting in a ssssuuuupeeer long stopping distance...

any explanation?

possible that i have a faulty ABS? or its just that my tyres are not grippy enough?

==============

U better send to the agent to have them checked throughly.

Neutral Newbie

ABS kicks in only when it senses your tyres loosing traction.

Get tyres with better grip. What tyres are u using now?

I'm on Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric and the grip is very good. I hardly get any wheelspins (with 210+hp) or squeals during hard cornering.

be extra careful of those steel plates that are lay across the road during construction work.....especially when they are near traffic light junctions...last time balls nearly dropped when i brake at a traffic junction after a shower across those plates....wheels locked up and slipped [dizzy] [dizzy]

===================

Those plates damm slippery when wet. No matter how good your tires, they wil skid if u brake on them when wet. [sweatdrop]

sent it in to kah motors again, they checked with their computes. no issue. so i guess i've got to change my tyres....

wah fierce. u do handbrake turns up and down ah?!

liddat yrs not anti-lock braking system...

its always brake system.

haha when going down the wet slope..

Are you doing hard braking all the time? My old vios ABS does not kick in often even when my tyres are 4 years old with ~50+K KM.

↡ Advertisement