Perodua Club Singapore

Cunnosieur

hi...where do sg perodua owners mostly buy their spare parts from? i found this malaysia website...anyone bought from them before? they do ship to sg  [:)]

oh we cant drive into malaysia to buy cos our passports expired years ago  [laugh]

https://protonperoduaparts.com.my/en/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi guys

I have a 2009 MYVI n thinking of changing the headlight n brake light, etc to LED.

any lobang for workshgop ion Singapore or Johor that can do these upgrade?

many thanks

• Praise 1

Hi... You thinking to change just the bulb or what?

For Myvi headlight, used to plug LED bulbs, but white light isn't really working fro me so I change to regular bulbs.

There are also the type with projector housing headlamp...

Myvi taillights are already LED, integrated in the assembly... If you're talking about the 3rd brake light, can either find online (if you know the bulb code), or go to JB accessory shop, some might sell the bar type, like mine... 

If you're looking at Myvi lightbar (taillights), or LED turn signals, can fine at some stores... I personally, occasionally go to Kaki Myvi, a store that sells everything Myvi accessories...

Mind you, converting your headlight bulb to LED is illegal. Another alternative is to buy regular halogen bulbs but inclined towards bluish/white...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, i have recently bought a perodua viva COE car. is this thread still alive? any kakis still planning on going jb for servicing? been to few workshops and was always given this WTH look when i went to do my car. Hopefully can see meet up with some kakis for some tips also.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, Aczedor said:

Hi there, i have recently bought a perodua viva COE car. is this thread still alive? any kakis still planning on going jb for servicing? been to few workshops and was always given this WTH look when i went to do my car. Hopefully can see meet up with some kakis for some tips also.

This thread is quite dead. Very rarely will one buy a Perodua model when it costs the same price as an Attrage.

Was driving Viva till 2017. Not sure why getting looks from workshop. 

Although during my ownership I always go JB to do servicing. A lot cheaper and faster too. Singapore workshop if wanna change parts need to wait for them to order them in, which might be a few days. JB workshop most of the time within one day. 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

This thread is quite dead. Very rarely will one buy a Perodua model when it costs the same price as an Attrage.

Singapore buyers can't seem to accept a Malaysian brand.

For the same money, they rather get a 1.2l,  3 cylinder, 12V engine with a rubberband efffect CVT gearbox in a Thai assembled Japanese brand like the Mitsubishi Attrage or Nissan Note when they could get a rebranded Toyota (Perodua Bezza / MYVI) with a far superior, robust and refined 1.3l, 4 cylinder 16V engine with proven 4 speed auto gearbox.

And there are those badge worshippers, who would gladly pay $170K for a Mercedes C160 with a Renault engine beneath the bonnet.

IMG-20200111-WA0058.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

For the same money, they rather get a 1.2l,  3 cylinder, 12V engine with a rubberband efffect CVT gearbox in a Thai assembled Japanese brand like the Mitsubishi Attrage or Nissan Note when they could get a rebranded Toyota (Perodua Bezza / MYVI) with a far superior, robust and refined 1.3l, 4 cylinder 16V engine with proven 4 speed auto gearbox.

And there are those badge worshippers, who would gladly pay $170K for a Mercedes C160 with a Renault engine beneath the bonnet.

IMG-20200111-WA0058.jpg

It's not that they cannot accept Malaysian cars.  The main problem is that the pricing is not cheap.  If the agent willing to compete on price, then this brand will take off. I have to say it's a good brand let down by a not so good agent .

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I remember there was a period malaysian cars quite popular here le, see many proton saga and wira on the road.

Edited by 13177

Welcome to the very small sg viva ownership club bro LOL. Got mine at abt 3.7k depreciation for 5 years coe. Actually my sg mech who's a malaysian advised me that buying viva is better than picanto as parts are cheap & easy to find from MY. So far it's been true. I've changed engine mountings, brake pads & starter which were all ordered from MY & shipped to me in sg. Only aircon evaporator & compressor I found locally due to no time haha. 

My Viva is 2009 1.0 EZi Auto & recently did 14km/L FC. Really Not bad liao for something this old and cheap. 

11 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

It's not that they cannot accept Malaysian cars.  The main problem is that the pricing is not cheap.  If the agent willing to compete on price, then this brand will take off. I have to say it's a good brand let down by a not so good agent .

As at today in SG CarMart....

Attrage 1.2 CVT S$68999

Bezza 1.3AT S$61999

Answer is clear-cut !

• Praise 1

Oh ya another good thing abt having a cheap used car like viva is I can diy lots of stuff & dun need care much abt if anything goes wrong 😄