Local taxi accident pics

Ahtong

(edited)
Between 2007 and last year, there were about 22,000 accidents each year involving taxis, or nearly one accident for every cab on the road.

Source

pic12.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic8.jpg

Edited by Ahtong
↡ Advertisement

i almost got into accident with taxi CB yday

the way he drive is...

thnk god managed to e-brake..

but me went down to give him a scolding

he was so scared..locked the door..

and grabbed the steering wheel lock

but i realised something..taxi side windows are

made of cheap materials...

if i had banged a little harder..the window would have smashed

yes..using my bare hands i mean

Neutral Newbie

seriously, there r too much such dangerous clowns on sg road everyday.

breathe in/out & count to 10...

no point getting into trouble coz of them

i can gurantee you 80% of the time taxi drivers are @ fault and somehow or rather they would try their best to twist and turn their stories so that they can claim your insurance...a-----es...

(edited)

Knowing my country, this type of news usually have a part 2. Don't be surprised if in the near future taxi fares rise again, or there is a give way to taxi rule or how your excess will be $10k should you hit a taxi ......

highrisk-taxis1.jpg

highrisk-taxis2.jpg

'Some drivers tend to be reckless, and stop or swerve suddenly to pick up fares,' said General Insurance Association (GIA) president Derek Teo. 'I have personally encountered this.'

So have other motorists. In January, lawyer Ye Su Jin, 37, was driving on the Pan-Island Expressway to work one morning when a cab 'cut into my lane, almost hitting me'.

Then he 'jammed (on the) brakes suddenly'; and Ms Ye's car rear-ended the cab.

After the incident, she did some checks and found that the cabby had been involved in five accidents in the past two years.

In April, her insurer received a letter from a law firm acting for the cabby claiming for more than $8,000 in damages, including medical expenses. The case is pending.

Company director Guo Yanhuai, 46, recalled making a turn at a yellow box junction some time in 2006, when a taxi collided with his car at fairly high speed.

Last year, the cabby sued, and Mr Guo's insurer paid out nearly $35,000. It paid another $11,000 for Mr Guo's damages.

Mr Guo's car insurance premium has not soared, a sign that the insurer did not deem him to be more than 20 per cent at fault.

Mr Teo of the GIA said cabbies could actually be competent drivers given their vast experience on the road. 'It all boils down to education to inculcate good driving habits and road safety, plus practising road courtesy and consideration for other road users,' he said.

Link

Edited by Ahtong

Hmm... 1 accident for every 7 vehicles on the road... the insurance and driving license systems need an overhaul to rid the road of idiots.

There are lotta of people who will be reckless until their license is in danger... aka tio >10pt demerit already for the year. When their demerit period is over, they resume driving recklessly.

The demerit system should have a lifetime demerit allowed. For example, accumulate 50 demerit points over a running 10yrs period, banned forever from driving. I can't see how anyone who drive carefully can accidentally accumulate 50 demerit points.

i can gurantee you 80% of the time taxi drivers are @ fault and somehow or rather they would try their best to twist and turn their stories so that they can claim your insurance...a-----es...

To add on: Chest pain, neck pain, head pain, leg pain, arm pain, this pain, that pain. <_<

i almost got into accident with taxi CB yday

the way he drive is...

thnk god managed to e-brake..

but me went down to give him a scolding

he was so scared..locked the door..

and grabbed the steering wheel lock

but i realised something..taxi side windows are

made of cheap materials...

if i had banged a little harder..the window would have smashed

yes..using my bare hands i mean

becareful bro... wait kena charge for being a road bully... [laugh]

To add on: Chest pain, neck pain, head pain, leg pain, arm pain, this pain, that pain. <_<

pain in the arse too... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Taxi drivers are frustrated drivers as their jobs requires them to drive round and round, competing with other frustrated taxi drivers. Frustrated taxi drivers = road menace to all other road users

Taxi drivers are frustrated drivers as their jobs requires them to drive round and round, competing with other frustrated taxi drivers. Frustrated taxi drivers = road menace to all other road users

In other country, only taxi driver drive like "taxi driver".

In Singapore, most of drivers drive like "taxi driver", some even compete with taxi drivers.

The public shld try driving taxi for a mth b4 complaining abt taxi drivers. Here many pte cars owners driving habits worst den taxi drivers.

↡ Advertisement