Received a LTA letter with the title "HEADLAMP - S*****"

Urns

Neutral Newbie

As mentioned above, I got this one-page letter from LTA with regards to my aftermarket HID headlamp.

The contents of the letter stated that they have received feedback that my headlamp is showing an extra bright light and causes glare and distraction to other road users.

It also discusses about the compliance with international standards, such as those adopted in European Union countries.

Last but not least, they want me to check my headlamp bulbs and warn me that their enforcement officers and Traffic Police will be closely monitoring vehicles such as myself on the road.

What should I do now? Anyone who has encountered similar experiences before can advise?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

↡ Advertisement

It would be best for you to have your h/lamps adjusted (assuming that it's the approved ones) as i had to adjust my hid lamps when undergoing the annual inspection last year. Many of us have "highlighted" the irritation encountered from maladjusted lamps.

Change back to normal? Actually, I am OK with HID but some cars are with very super bright HID lamps and the drivers themselves may not feel it, but drivers in front gets "Beamed" pretty badly...

if u want to fixed hid, please adjust ur angle so dat it wont shine @ others.... do u know who frustrating when we got shine like dat????

like dat good... i can complain to lta if i c these kind of people on the road...

Neutral Newbie

It would be best for you to have your h/lamps adjusted (assuming that it's the approved ones) as i had to adjust my hid lamps when undergoing the annual inspection last year. Many of us have "highlighted" the irritation encountered from maladjusted lamps.

Mine are aftermarket ones, so I'm not sure whether they are the approved ones..

Neutral Newbie

if u want to fixed hid, please adjust ur angle so dat it wont shine @ others.... do u know who frustrating when we got shine like dat????

like dat good... i can complain to lta if i c these kind of people on the road...

Yup I didn't know LTA actually takes the trouble to write a letter to my house!!

As mentioned above, I got this one-page letter from LTA with regards to my aftermarket HID headlamp.

The contents of the letter stated that they have received feedback that my headlamp is showing an extra bright light and causes glare and distraction to other road users.

It also discusses about the compliance with international standards, such as those adopted in European Union countries.

Last but not least, they want me to check my headlamp bulbs and warn me that their enforcement officers and Traffic Police will be closely monitoring vehicles such as myself on the road.

What should I do now? Anyone who has encountered similar experiences before can advise?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

issit someone complained on you? [laugh]

if not, why LTA don't catch you on the spot?

i suggest all of HID lamp users to change back to normal as you are causing too much glare and irritation to the front drivers . Now i know how i can report this to. 1st thing to ask, is it necesary to have this fit into your car HL? Singapore road is so bright already. although it's nice but pls be considerate to other road users. Thanks

can someone share the mindset?

whats the ROI for blinding the car in front? white light the band is very short and can't shine far. if kana fog, lagi GG. Then, why?

most of the time when kana these car behind me, I will either change lane or adjust the mirror off. suay suay pms due to a bad day from office, really feel like give some stunt and change a new rear bumper.......

The best to be save with the law is to check the LTA themselve before modified and get cert

i do modified but its Legal and save myself from trouble

What is the standard of the HID. I heard is not more than 5000 V or what. Please correct me if I am wrong

that is color temp, nothing to do with brightness

in fact higher color temp, less brightness

the approved color temperature should be 4500k if i am not wrong

i feel HID (watever the color temp) is ok if the person got projector lamps

if no projector lamps, do not use HID as it is a nuisance!!