Customer Rights are pretty non-existent in Singapore. Agree?

Cerano

After reading a post by a bro on how in Europe they even have a mark in certain drink cups to fill until before adding ice, I suddenly feel that Singapore really got no customer protection.

Any bros have any bad experiences to share? Together with this info we will not be made us of again [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I have been hearing complaints of bad service from Singapore National Carrier - Singapore Airlines, from friends, colleagues and family members and recently found this to be very true indeed. I was onboard a morning 8:30am flight departing for Hong Kong, and it was eventually re-scheduled for a later departure time (at 11:30), due to a maintenance glitch, which the engineers failed to resolved, hence my "weekend" trip to Hongkong was thus shortened. Having paid a couple of hundred dollars more just to get onboard an earlier flight, I would imagine that SIA would at least compensate me, however they came back with a long email of b-------t, and claimed that they will not be able to compensate/ refund my tickets. This is increasingly annoying considering that they have ruined my holiday. Obviously the customer services management find it okay to toy with their paying customer's time and money. Any recommendations on how I can bring forward this matter to further shame the airline. Seriously I strongly do not think they deserved those international awards granted to them with such a service. I will be writing in to our local newspaper, as well as various traveller's magazine.

This story could be found on http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...es-c339565.html

Quoted from redress me

Supersonic

I have been hearing complaints of bad service from Singapore National Carrier - Singapore Airlines, from friends, colleagues and family members and recently found this to be very true indeed. I was onboard a morning 8:30am flight departing for Hong Kong, and it was eventually re-scheduled for a later departure time (at 11:30), due to a maintenance glitch, which the engineers failed to resolved, hence my "weekend" trip to Hongkong was thus shortened. Having paid a couple of hundred dollars more just to get onboard an earlier flight, I would imagine that SIA would at least compensate me, however they came back with a long email of b-------t, and claimed that they will not be able to compensate/ refund my tickets. This is increasingly annoying considering that they have ruined my holiday. Obviously the customer services management find it okay to toy with their paying customer's time and money. Any recommendations on how I can bring forward this matter to further shame the airline. Seriously I strongly do not think they deserved those international awards granted to them with such a service. I will be writing in to our local newspaper, as well as various traveller's magazine.

This story could be found on http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...es-c339565.html

Quoted from redress me

SIA has disappointed me as well - they screwed up my vegetarian meal order, despite ample booking time. I *showed* the counter staff the printed e-ticket clearly stating the veg meal, and they still said nothing could be done about it since it was too late. Well, whose fault is it then?! :angry:

Turbocharged

SIA has disappointed me as well - they screwed up my vegetarian meal order, despite ample booking time. I *showed* the counter staff the printed e-ticket clearly stating the veg meal, and they still said nothing could be done about it since it was too late. Well, whose fault is it then?! :angry:

The Captain, he is technically responsible to the whole plane. :D:D

you never make noise?

this is the problem with singaporeans. they dont complain on the spot only after

(edited)

you never make noise?

this is the problem with singaporeans. they dont complain on the spot only after

Yeah lor ... dun tell me they dun have vegetarian selection up in Business/First class? ...

errr... unless Turboflat4 is already IN Business/First class .... =P

Should protest like that Ah Tiong family on the SBS bus!... refuse to get off until the company compensates..ehhe

ok seriously. I dunno whose fault. But I know for sure, it's not the customer's fault.

Edited by Scoots

Yeah lor ... dun tell me they dun have vegetarian selection up in Business/First class? ...

errr... unless Turboflat4 is already IN Business/First class .... =P

Should protest like that Ah Tiong family on the SBS bus!... refuse to get off until the company compensates..ehhe

ok seriously. I dunno whose fault. But I know for sure, it's not the customer's fault.

on plane i not sure... maybe after get off then kao pei to press and everything lo

Supersonic
(edited)

you never make noise?

Yes, I made some noise - called up the travel agent, kpkb (but wasn't the agent's fault, since he'd made the request correctly), put the SIA counter staff on with the agent, etc. But no matter how hard I bang table also, what can they do at check-in time - make a special veggie meal materialise out of thin air? The only other option was to take a later flight, and that's clearly not tenable. So, since it was a short flight (to Suvarnabhumi, Thailand), I just said f*** it.

Just to add, I was in Business Class. My special meal request was for Indian vegetarian meal. In the end, I had to make do with some buns, butter, milk, fruits.

Edited by Turboflat4

you never make noise?

and that is the problem with people like you............ everything also want to bang table....no wonder nobody takes us seriously.... because beside banging table what do most people know what to do?

i duno about you people but i do get compensation for most things that i am unhappy with...... but not everything is from banging table, sometimes... the softer approach is much better than the high ended/hard approach.. and making noise/feedback to the correct person will do wonders

and that is the problem with people like you............ everything also want to bang table....no wonder nobody takes us seriously.... because beside banging table what do most people know what to do?

i duno about you people but i do get compensation for most things that i am unhappy with...... but not everything is from banging table, sometimes... the softer approach is much better than the high ended/hard approach.. and making noise/feedback to the correct person will do wonders

ya la just saying la... im very reasonable... only when they're unreasonable then bang table

angry no good for health okay

my principle is this... i can be your best friend or your worst enemy

ya la just saying la... im very reasonable... only when they're unreasonable then bang table

angry no good for health okay

my principle is this... i can be your best friend or your worst enemy

[sweatdrop] now you say just saying nia.......... anyway different folks different strokes...

[sweatdrop] now you say just saying nia.......... anyway different folks different strokes...

true. but im referring to those cases with problems already mah! like all the examples ive quoted i always say use the rod. dont spare the enemy.

but before that say it to them nicely but be firm.

Neutral Newbie

Our national carrier pay special attention to ang mo or foreigners. Especially when you are local with yellow skin, then wait long long for good service

Our national carrier pay special attention to ang mo or foreigners. Especially when you are local with yellow skin, then wait long long for good service

how you know?

I was in SQ638, A380 flight to Japan last week. The whole entertainment system couldn't start up properly despite rebooting a few times. End up 7 hours flight with nothing to do... Not a word of apology from them. On the way back, the plane was an old 747. Lousy screen and audio quality... Damn disappointed...

I was in SQ638, A380 flight to Japan last week. The whole entertainment system couldn't start up properly despite rebooting a few times. End up 7 hours flight with nothing to do... Not a word of apology from them. On the way back, the plane was an old 747. Lousy screen and audio quality... Damn disappointed...

the last time i sat on an SQ flight, my friend sitting beside me couldnt get his system to work. They actually gave him $60 bucks of credits for the in flight shop!

the last time i sat on an SQ flight, my friend sitting beside me couldnt get his system to work. They actually gave him $60 bucks of credits for the in flight shop!

Thats just 1 person. This is the whole economy deck I think...

↡ Advertisement