Ok to marry younger girl?

Kelpie

Hi all,

Not those sugar daddy type case.

Just an average guy and a girl almost 18 years apart in age. The guy doesn't look his age (looks like 30s), actually somewhere mid 40s..and the girl late 20s.

Do you think they can make it in life assuming financially sound :huh:? Would such marriage create problems for both socially and the upbringing of kids?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

Just an average guy and a girl almost 18 years apart in age. The guy doesn't look his age (looks like 30s), actually somewhere mid 40s..and the girl late 20s.

Do you think they can make it in life assuming financially sound :huh:? Would such marriage create problems for both socially and the upbringing of kids?

Regards,

personally i do not see it as a problem...but first and foremost you 2 must have the same goals to make the marriage work ( ie commited), interest wise can cultivate...but the communication must be there lah. upbringing of kids, is to cultivate good values onto them. once they finish uni....they will have to move on with their life leow....job done. so as long as you can provide for them till they can finish uni i do see any problem with the age gap.

i think it is ok.

just that most probably, the girl will be spend more than 20 years alone when the guy passed away. unless the girl look for another guy after that [:p]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Some practical aspects to consider:

1. The life-span of a man is typically shorter than that of a woman. In the best scenario, assuming both are able to live till an old-ripe age of 80 years, the man is likely to leave the world 18 years earlier than the woman.

Also, in the later part, the woman will need to spend a lot of time looking after a (sick) old man.

2. The life experience. They are 18 years apart, are they able to communicate on a common platform?

The man may find it tiring to always have to play the fatherly role in the relationship.

Just some thoughts which came to my mind.

Edited by Albeniz

Whether the gal is 18 yrs younger or older, it doesnt really matter. just make sure that he knows the gal really well before getting married, divorce in singapore is no joke for Singaporean male.. can easily cause him an arm AND leg!

(edited)

i seriously think that the problem is not immediate, but maybe say, ten years later, when the guy becomes an older man. the girl will still be relatively young and attractive while the man may become less attractive and potent. then the woman may lose attraction with the guy and what follows is everybody's guess.

Edited by Vextan

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dating is different from marriage.

Both parties need to consider carefully.

Edited by Albeniz

Hi all,

Regards,

mid 40s and late 20s, sounds not so bad. should be alright

(edited)

There is no model answer for such a situation, everyone is entitled to their views and i guess TS should not let others view to affect his judgement. just consider carefully, both parties should sit down together and discuss all the angles openly, if you 2 really find that you can make the marriage work then go and take the plunge loh, if on certain issues both parties really cannot give way then maybe you should reconsider your options again. no rush right? or is there ???? [sly]

life and death predestined one lah.....when to go cannot tell....so dont be too overly concern for something that is beyond our control....treasure the present.

Edited by Hotamp

why think so much, as long as both enjoy the companionship and sincerely engage with each other life....

its ok but if a man marry to 18 yrs older woman, i think the man is [thumbsdown]

There was a report around 2 months ago about this young man 22yrs old who is in love with a woman 21yrs his senior and whom had a child from previous marriage. The parents drove him out of the flat after he refuses their ultimatum to stop seeing this much older woman..the couple claims they truly love each other and the age gap would not be a barrier.. :blink:

↡ Advertisement