Silly Pedestrians

Aeromania

47 minutes ago, Rickster said:

If you are talking about low-cost landed property areas, most of the time, its not feasible to take the foot path.

The 2 foot-paths along entire length of the road are already there and in good condition. This is my point. Why don't all the pedestrians use it instead of endangering themselves? Some do and I 100% use it when I am a pedestrian knowing the danger of walking on the road surface. Especially at night

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

As drivers, we just have to watch out for pedestrians regardless whether they are silly or not.

It is just part and parcel of driving.  

I have no issue with them even if these pedestrians  behave silly or reckless. Or other drivers for that matter.  Everyone has challenges in life  and sometimes these pedestrians/drivers may be distracted by their concerns and worries.

No one is perfect, so let's watch out for one another and be kind to each other.

• Praise 4

Should I say or should I not say:' Pedestrians " are king of the road, well, its depend on circumstances or G policy has governed them the " Right of way " to cross, my only gumption are :

1) Taking own sweet time to cross ( especially they have 20-24 sec time limit )

2) 2 parties chit-chatting ( especially ladies ) to cross@ Zebra crossing

3) Reading mobile and inking away while crossing . . .

We can't horn at them, we can't move ahead even the green man blinking . . . U chiong and thy write down your car plate, 1 week later LTA summon letter arrive saying " U chiong red light@XXX X[:(] ( fines and demerit points )

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Just encountered another idiot over the weekend. So much for advocates of removal of discretionary right turns.  You need to remove idiots, not discretions! 

Capture.thumb.JPG.26ec3700c8ebf1d121532832c4ea4633.JPG

This one OK lah, I will pang chan. He rushed across and never acted garang (but you also didn't provoke him, which is good). 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Just encountered another idiot over the weekend. So much for advocates of removal of discretionary right turns.  You need to remove idiots, not discretions! 

This one consider okay lah, as the road is small and you have to slow down into the turn anyway.

Besides, he broke into a little jog, which is a way of acknowledging that you have the right of way. Not one of those idiots who think their grandpa owns the road.

This is Toh Yi, Jalan Jurong Kechil [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.26ec3700c8ebf1d121532832c4ea4633.JPG

This fella very mild liao bro, as least he still jogged a bit when you are approaching.

I'm sure you met those on earphones, head looking down at smartphone when lights are already not in their favour. 

Nowadays, we as drivers, just chill and take it easy. PMDs, PADs, errand cyclists, jaywalkers, wankers in cars, trucks and motorcycles everywhere. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Besides, he broke into a little jog, which is a way of acknowledging that you have the right of way. 

Ya very true. This type we should pang change.

Those that know they are wrong but still simply bo chap take their own sweet time  etc etc is the real idiot

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

Ya very true. This type we should pang change.

Those that know they are wrong but still simply bo chap take their own sweet time  etc etc is the real idiot

He love to play Contra lah

1st, he loves to run through obstacles 

2nd, he probably knew the 30lives code. 

7 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

This fella very mild liao bro, as least he still jogged a bit when you are approaching.

I'm sure you met those on earphones, head looking down at smartphone when lights are already not in their favour. 

Nowadays, we as drivers, just chill and take it easy. PMDs, PADs, errand cyclists, jaywalkers, wankers in cars, trucks and motorcycles everywhere. 

Agreed, nowadays the moment you drive your car out of the parking lot,  very easy that your blood pressure will sure go up if not chill enough. Lol.

• Praise 1