Top car writer solved riddle that plagued drivers 4 decades

Kiadaw

Funny as hell. I am sure some people have seen video review of cars by Steve Sutcliffe (former racing driver & motor editor of Autocar) or his articles, but its amazing he didn't even know this & even post exciting on his blog, his discovery of the decades!

0.jpg

Article here:

The great petrol nozzle shemozzle: Has top motoring writer solved riddle that has plagued drivers for decades?

As a former racing driver and editor-at-large of the world

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Huh. I'm sure lots of us would have noe this ba. It's indicate in the car manual leh. So far all the cars I have driven have that little arrow. Maybe Stevie just sat in the car and lup yu cos he is a reviewer so never bother. Haha

Its not a big issue for car owners as after a few time pumping petrol, it will be etch in the mind.

Even for rental car, who cares anyway, the hose can scratch and bang on the car body, NO one cares at all.

That could be the reason why this was not a big issue for all the car manyfacturers to solve since day one.

he probably just needed some publicity... good or bad its STILL publicity...

actually i only found out about this fuel arrow thingy like 2-3year after i started driving... was riding before that and never had an issue finding the fuel tank on my bike... [:p]

Supercharged

err....i don't quite get it. Is it so difficult to know which side? Just look at the car and you will know which side it is on already right?

Very easy mah. Just pull the fuel cap release level and see from your side mirror which side of the car has the cover pop up. But this can only be done with car with remote release of the fuel cap. [:p]

Huh. I'm sure lots of us would have noe this ba. It's indicate in the car manual leh. So far all the cars I have driven have that little arrow. Maybe Stevie just sat in the car and lup yu cos he is a reviewer so never bother. Haha

haha i didnt know that . and no leh not everyone reads the manual ok brudder? :D

for all my cars , i didnt.lol

same for times when i tried to figure out stuff blindly on my car like launch control , cruise control and trying to find out where the hell is the P button.did that all blindly by messing around.

same for times when i tried to figure out stuff blindly on my car like launch control , cruise control and trying to find out where the hell is the P button.did that all blindly by messing around.

Bro, you put the Knight Rider turbo boost button lah... make your car fly. [laugh]

Hypersonic

He being a auto guru didn't know, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't know. What arrogance. What problem that plague motorist?? And he actually wasted a page or two for the article on this.

As someone mentioned, the car manual explain the pump symbol.

↡ Advertisement