Removing old wax....

Wolfy3769

Had use some new type of wax (those with resin) and found that the result was not that good....

some area.. after waxing... the surface is shinny and smooth...but some area... after waxing.. the surface was abit "rough"... run ur finger.. u can feel the "roughness"...

I had a few question...

a) how to ensure all area after waxing are shinny and smooth..... first time using this kind of wax... unable to get consistent result....

last time using those liquid wax.. soft wax... dont even had this kind of problem....

some expert can help to advise??

b) how to remove the old wax... thinking had to remove the old wax before apply a new layer of wax ...especailly those "rough" area....

Thanks in advanced...

↡ Advertisement

Was the surface rough b4 waxing? May I ask what wax are u using?

U can try clay and polish to strip and prep the car surface b4 waxing.

(edited)

Had use some new type of wax (those with resin) and found that the result was not that good....

some area.. after waxing... the surface is shinny and smooth...but some area... after waxing.. the surface was abit "rough"... run ur finger.. u can feel the "roughness"...

I had a few question...

a) how to ensure all area after waxing are shinny and smooth..... first time using this kind of wax... unable to get consistent result....

last time using those liquid wax.. soft wax... dont even had this kind of problem....

some expert can help to advise??

b) how to remove the old wax... thinking had to remove the old wax before apply a new layer of wax ...especailly those "rough" area....

Thanks in advanced...

Hi..not an expert but just to share..

1) is it time to clay??

2) Ensure it is a last step use..A wax rather then a polish agent.

3) maybe can try panel by panel

There are many ways of removing old waxes..Do want those metal streaking feel when u run your finger across and a flat water sheet??

Some uses APC(All purpose cleaner)..prepsol..IPA but i find them do give a clean metal streaking feel but may not be able to strip some of those tougher sealant or wax..

I do have a paint bonding agent that loosen up old wax before u apply a fresh layer of wax or sealant..If you are really want to try..I have mentioned before will be Kerosence..I do came across some pro polisher starts using this menthod and those wax manufacturer chemist uses this too..

I will still recommend a APC or PBA just to loosen up this old waxes..

Edited by Maddriver

Hi..not an expert but just to share..

1) is it time to clay??

2) Ensure it is a last step use..A wax rather then a polish agent.

3) maybe can try panel by panel

There are many ways of removing old waxes..Do want those metal streaking feel when u run your finger across and a flat water sheet??

Some uses APC(All purpose cleaner)..prepsol..IPA but i find them do give a clean metal streaking feel but may not be able to strip some of those tougher sealant or wax..

I do have a paint bonding agent that loosen up old wax before u apply a fresh layer of wax or sealant..If you are really want to try..I have mentioned before will be Kerosence..I do came across some pro polisher starts using this menthod and those wax manufacturer chemist uses this too..

I will still recommend a APC or PBA just to loosen up this old waxes..

Hi, first things first - apologies for hijacking this thread as I cannot start a new topic... I'm somewhat of a weekend warrior when it comes to car detailing and have always liked to maintain my own car. Can someone steer me in the right direction - I am looking for a detailer that can professionally do paint work correction, i.e. removing swirls and minor oxidation from paint work and that's it? I prefer to do my own paint work maintenance so not sure if there is any such service available in Singapore. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks and sorry again for steering off topic here.