How do you invest your spare reserves (cash)?

Gilahonda

What would you do if you happen to have spare cash amounting to SGD400k/- SGD500k/- lying around?

Banks are offering good fixed deposit rates for foreign currencies,is it any good?

Should you invest in a few properties in Msia and rent it out?

Buy a small size condo near town and rent it out?

Seriously,im thinking of low risk investments here

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

What would you do if you happen to have spare cash amounting to SGD400k/- SGD500k/- lying around?

Banks are offering good fixed deposit rates for foreign currencies,is it any good?

Invest in yourself. No one gives you better returns than your own business. High risk? Depends on wat you do. High return? at least you are in control. ^_^

low risk..dont invest better..coz the % u got to be risker and returns..end up returns is lower than the risk u invlove..

sorry not sure how to really explain [laugh]

business is most riskiest of all..

property also risky...

low risk..dont invest better..coz the % u got to be risker and returns..end up returns is lower than the risk u invlove..

sorry not sure how to really explain [laugh]

business is most riskiest of all..

property also risky...

bro,property in spore is rather stable.

even if the value drop after u buy,then just wait it out lor coz if buy small condo,mite as well pay in full,so no worries.

want to buy in msia,can,but try buying in KL.their home prices there rather stable.city area.this one also can buy fully paid up.

business wise,i agree with u.many have been known who dabble in it and lost.sgd500k mite be gone in just 3-6mths! [bigcry]

Agree this is the best form of investment as of now.

yes,was toying with the idea.in spore i can only buy one (studio or 1 bedder type near town) but in kl i can buy 2 or 3 city area condos.

have research,that a 2 bedder in kl city area can fetch RM4-6k at least,depending on location,but then again,min price for a property is RM500k. [sweatdrop]

Word of caution:

Buying house and renting it out isn't as 'safe' as it sounds.

Even if having freehold unit, a property depreciates year by year. Wear and tear mostly, for 99 years, even worse.

For 99 years unit, try not to hold longer than 20 years. Last time got an article for depreciation of 99 year units. First 10 years high, because like new car: the moment it's not 'virgin', price takes a hit. Depreciation slows down for the next 15 years, then up again. Ridiculously high for last 30 years.

But then again, chances of enblocing go up. So.....your own choice.

Turbocharged

yes,was toying with the idea.in spore i can only buy one (studio or 1 bedder type near town) but in kl i can buy 2 or 3 city area condos.

have research,that a 2 bedder in kl city area can fetch RM4-6k at least,depending on location,but then again,min price for a property is RM500k. [sweatdrop]

If you are a malaysian, i say go ahead with buying in KL.

If you are a singaporean that frequent malaysia and know the rules there go ahead.

if you are a singaporean that do not step foot of malaysia often, i suggest, just keep the money in singapore. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Word of caution:

Buying house and renting it out isn't as 'safe' as it sounds.

Even if having freehold unit, a property depreciates year by year. Wear and tear mostly, for 99 years, even worse.

For 99 years unit, try not to hold longer than 20 years. Last time got an article for depreciation of 99 year units. First 10 years high, because like new car: the moment it's not 'virgin', price takes a hit. Depreciation slows down for the next 15 years, then up again. Ridiculously high for last 30 years.

But then again, chances of enblocing go up. So.....your own choice.

think this apply for private property only right?

cause i know HDB one rised after you bought it [:p]

Turbocharged

I am not too sure about if properties in Sinagpore is worth investing. If the ROI is so fantastic, why would the banks lend us the money to buy? [confused]

I am not too sure about if properties in Sinagpore is worth investing. If the ROI is so fantastic, why would the banks lend us the money to buy? [confused]

Because the banks diversify their risks.

This is lower risk than directly investing properties. And don't need to have people to manage them, like renting out, repairing, pay management fee, etc etc.

invest in things that you have knowledge.

dont be too adventurous and lose your pants.

$500k is really not a lot so dont waste it.

Turbocharged

Because the banks diversify their risks.

This is lower risk than directly investing properties. And don't need to have people to manage them, like renting out, repairing, pay management fee, etc etc.

maybe...Where is the PIC??? :D:D

Spend it on my family.

Bring them on tours (a whole convoy of 10 people or so), all free and easy, and charter our own transport or rent a few cars.

The returns?

Intangible love and family warmth; and support. And memories that last forever. Nothing else beats that.

Spend it on my family.

Bring them on tours (a whole convoy of 10 people or so), all free and easy, and charter our own transport or rent a few cars.

The returns?

Intangible love and family warmth; and support. And memories that last forever. Nothing else beats that.

You'll get more intangible love if you give them some thing more concrete and longer lasting.

As in: An investment that returns 5k per month for the rest of time.

↡ Advertisement