Rear disc brake conversion

Yr1985

The conversion cost like 1.4k and above, but I do not see many on the road, especially Honda Fit, Airwave or other rear drum cars.

↡ Advertisement

The conversion cost like 1.4k and above, but I do not see many on the road, especially Honda Fit, Airwave or other rear drum cars.

Because in every day driving, full disc or front disc makes little difference...

On contrary, it is suppose to be safe and makes a difference right? I wonder how does it communicate with the electronics like ABS etc...

On contrary, it is suppose to be safe and makes a difference right? I wonder how does it communicate with the electronics like ABS etc...

Good to get a reliable workshop who had experience to your model.

Your brake bias balance between the front and rear could be altered if the rear disc is more effective than your drum brakes were. It can cause your car to handle differently when you slam hard on the brakes.

chge to a rear disc brake set up, n u get urself a more powderful brake. ........it don work tat way, its not tat simple [:/] . like some bros said, there is tis brake bias thingy which plays a big prt. Get in wrong n u find urself spurning ard under hard braking [dizzy]

yes. very dangerous to change only one pair.

just stay stock else do a proper biasing.

if either pair is changed while the other pair is stock, one pair will brake faster than the other.

what will happen next? better be safe than sorry.

Yah. No one knws the car better den the manufacturer, unless its a optional addon by the manufacturer many won't consider touch the brakes if its working well.

Used to drive a Mz3 first generation, and that time got a rear disc conversion program. Think there was some issue on the drum brakes sticking I guess. Anyway, change already also cannot feel the differences.... Guess save the money better lah......

Yah. No one knws the car better den the manufacturer, unless its a optional addon by the manufacturer many won't consider touch the brakes if its working well.

My car came with a "faster" version with full disc brakes... In fact its almost a direct plug-n-play system, but the thought of having an ABS ring custom made makes me think twice...

Nay, I don't see the point in changing to disc brakes. If you really want better braking, just get better brake pads for your front.

Insurance issue comes in?

change brake ="MODIFIED CAR"??

I agree to replacing better brake pad.

or put it in your MUST HAVE item for your next car.

Nay, I don't see the point in changing to disc brakes. If you really want better braking, just get better brake pads for your front.

Yah loh... "if you want a better car, buy a better car". [laugh]

↡ Advertisement