My OWS plasma iridium plus after 15000km

Ken4555

i've ALWAYS used Denso for my previous rides... always thought that japanese plugs would be better for japanese cars... laugh.gif till i got the OWS package and choose the plugs over the air-con package some time back...

this is a pic of my OWS plasma iridium plugs after approx 15000km of use with 3 oil changes... during this 15000km i have approx 30 full tanks in my petrol... with additives added... and the occassional spritied high rev driving now and then...

*my green oil 10ml-10liters ....... for about 15 tanks....
*OWS injector cleaner... 2 tanks...
*prostaff water remover... 1 tank...
*prostaff injector cleaner.... 1 tank...
*power max cylinder lubricant injector cleaner from ah boy (watery stuff)... 1 tank..
*bulls eye or smthing a korean brand injector cleaner (transparent thick liquid)... 2 tanks..
*approx 5 tanks with no addtives... and yes mileage does go dwn a little... no sure how much cause i drive differently all the time... maybe 20-30km less mileage without additives.. no kidding...
*Putoline959 Racing 2T... approx 5 tanks till i took out the plugs to check at 15000km...

i then washed the plugs with my gunk brake cleaner... i scraped off the carbon on the edge of the plugs... they work fine... never missfire before and great till now... i wanted to change new plugs as i have a new set with me from the oil change package... but will try till 20000km and see how as its still great... but i cannot imagine myself using till 50000km... heard some plugs can use till 100000km... true?

post-59875-1275028889_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

You must check from time to time during servicing.

Now I revert back to more reputable brands like Denso or Bosch for a peace of mind.

My volker plugs were good. Lasted me 60k mileage but my mechanic say the tip not good for usage anymore. So I change loh though my volker can last much longer. :D

Twincharged

i've ALWAYS used Denso for my previous rides... always thought that japanese plugs would be better for japanese cars... [laugh] till i got the OWS package and choose the plugs over the air-con package some time back...

this is a pic of my OWS plasma iridium plugs after approx 15000km of use with 3 oil changes... during this 15000km i have approx 30 full tanks in my petrol... with additives added... and the occassional spritied high rev driving now and then...

*my green oil 10ml-10liters ....... for about 15 tanks....

*OWS injector cleaner... 2 tanks...

*prostaff water remover... 1 tank...

*prostaff injector cleaner.... 1 tank...

*power max cylinder lubricant injector cleaner from ah boy (watery stuff)... 1 tank..

*bulls eye or smthing a korean brand injector cleaner (transparent thick liquid)... 2 tanks..

*approx 5 tanks with no addtives... and yes mileage does go dwn a little... no sure how much cause i drive differently all the time... maybe 20-30km less mileage without additives.. no kidding...

*Putoline959 Racing 2T... approx 5 tanks till i took out the plugs to check at 15000km...

i then washed the plugs with my gunk brake cleaner... i scraped off the carbon on the edge of the plugs... they work fine... never missfire before and great till now... i wanted to change new plugs as i have a new set with me from the oil change package... but will try till 20000km and see how as its still great... but i cannot imagine myself using till 50000km... heard some plugs can use till 100000km... true?

Too much oil.!I think you should stop using all 2T & additives

It seems like there is some oil fouling on the porcelain (the black stain on the white insulator). Probaby due to either 2T oil or the additives. Not really serious.

However, your WOT seems to be running lean. the porcelain is too white already. IT should be sligthly browish.

Whats really concerning is your grounding tip. There are numerous deposits on it. Could be either due to the additives or knocking/pinging.

You must check from time to time during servicing.

Now I revert back to more reputable brands like Denso or Bosch for a peace of mind.

My volker plugs were good. Lasted me 60k mileage but my mechanic say the tip not good for usage anymore. So I change loh though my volker can last much longer. :D

volker not reputable meh?... i want to change back to Denso or NGK... but since i still hv OWS so will still use... 60k is long time sia... but even if can use till 100k there will be lotsa carbon on the circle edge and the tip would hv been very 'roasted'.... i'm sure it will still fire but wouldnt be as good right?...

was kinda tempted to use copper cause cheaper but (in my previous rides) reaching 10k will feel it like weaker n start to take slightly longer to crank... but iridiums perfect crank start till 15k still feels great...

Too much oil.!I think you should stop using all 2T & additives

serious? too much oil? u mean my fuel too oily?...

i've stop additives... until i tried 2T... am now a 2T freak.... [:/]

ya lor brudder y u so kiasu use so many kind of funnny stuff

backside itchy mah... and wanna find out for myself if the products really work then... [laugh]

The grounding tip looks a bit "bloated" near the base.

i actually have the same kind brand new plugs... i sould have taken pic of a new plug too... also a pic of after i cleaned the plugs... [:(]

It seems like there is some oil fouling on the porcelain (the black stain on the white insulator). Probaby due to either 2T oil or the additives. Not really serious.

However, your WOT seems to be running lean. the porcelain is too white already. IT should be sligthly browish.

Whats really concerning is your grounding tip. There are numerous deposits on it. Could be either due to the additives or knocking/pinging.

thanks bro... this is the kinda reply i was looking for... ^_^

my WOT running lean... this is normal right? cause more air due to my after market open pod...

but why should the porcelain b slightly browish? it is slightly brownish but only at the grounding tip side... why sia??? [confused] could it be different kind/grade of porcelian for different brands of plugs?

the deposits on the tip... like kanna pimples... i'm worried if the combustion chambers have these 'pimples'... worried worried... i think its probably the additives... unlikely knocking/pinging cause sunny designed to run on 91octane petrol... i always pump95.... never 92 be4... unless boleh land petrol cheated me? [laugh]

btw can i have your advice pls... what do you think of the 'combustion chamber de-carbonizer' service available at (if i'm not wrong) sung beng... H tyre... mcwell i think... I believe the process produces a lot of white smoke clearing out frm the exhaust etc...

or those injector cleaner you spray into the air intake manifold...

pls may i have your comments... many many thanks....

my WOT running lean... this is normal right? cause more air due to my after market open pod...

but why should the porcelain b slightly browish? it is slightly brownish but only at the grounding tip side... why sia??? [confused] could it be different kind/grade of porcelian for different brands of plugs?

the deposits on the tip... like kanna pimples... i'm worried if the combustion chambers have these 'pimples'... worried worried... i think its probably the additives... unlikely knocking/pinging cause sunny designed to run on 91octane petrol... i always pump95.... never 92 be4... unless boleh land petrol cheated me? [laugh]

btw can i have your advice pls... what do you think of the 'combustion chamber de-carbonizer' service available at (if i'm not wrong) sung beng... H tyre... mcwell i think... I believe the process produces a lot of white smoke clearing out frm the exhaust etc...

Yo. I am not exactly an expert in reading plugs. You can check out here:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/...aqs/faqread.asp

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkplghnbook.htm

I google around, and he grounding tip does looks like it caused by fuel additives and not pinging. Thus I think you need to reduce the additives you use else it may cause fouling of the plugs.

As for the center electrode, if its slightly browish/greyish, its ok. Cause I can't see clearly from the pic. If you are using aftermarket ignition systems, it may also cause the center porcelain (near the center electrode) to be extremely white. This is caused by the extra heat from spark burning off any deposits. However, it should only occur very near the center tip and not the entire insulator.

backside itchy mah... and wanna find out for myself if the products really work then... [laugh]

so all cannot work except for 2T ah? [laugh]

volker not reputable meh?... i want to change back to Denso or NGK... but since i still hv OWS so will still use... 60k is long time sia... but even if can use till 100k there will be lotsa carbon on the circle edge and the tip would hv been very 'roasted'.... i'm sure it will still fire but wouldnt be as good right?...

was kinda tempted to use copper cause cheaper but (in my previous rides) reaching 10k will feel it like weaker n start to take slightly longer to crank... but iridiums perfect crank start till 15k still feels great...

Volker is reputable and good.

But what I am saying is that these plugs should be checked during servicing from time to time.

I switch to Denso cos I cannot find any Volker deal at the moment and understand that Denso and NGK are the reputable ones so I try loh. [:p]

In my opinion, you should just stick to normal regular servicing with engine oil and change of fluids. Sufficient for your car. No need those "de-carbonizer" service, injection cleaner, fuel cleaner or additives. [laugh]

(edited)

Actually one very good plug is the OWS RS-SPEC. Cause both the center and grounding tip are using iridum. It will be very long lasting. But its way too expensive to be value for money. And I don't think it can be used for Turbo engines because of the fine gounding tip. It will create a hot spot.

Edited by Mini-itx
↡ Advertisement