So, I'm joining your ranks as a car owner.

Chewbacca

Just got my second hand Camry, Jap made, 2.4.

I would have gone for a smaller, more affordable car, but I've got a....'special' deal on this one. Heh.

Well, actually, I've been driving my dad's Scirocco 1.4 over the weekend. He used my Camry instead.

Discovered the pain of having a car. Went bug eyed when I parked in Esplanade and didn't know that the parking fee is $5.50. Heart skipped a bit when applying for 6 months HDB parking (nearly $600). Felt my blood slowly drain out of my body as I put in $50 worth of patrol.

Well....I told myself, I'll be using this car (Camry) for 6 months. After that, then I'll decide if I really need a car.....if not, I'll just sell it off.

I hope I really can make a logical decision after 6 months....

↡ Advertisement

I would have gone for a smaller, more affordable car, but I've got a....'special' deal on this one. Heh.

Well, actually, I've been driving my dad's Scirocco 1.4 over the weekend. He used my Camry instead.

Discovered the pain of having a car. Went bug eyed when I parked in Esplanade and didn't know that the parking fee is $5.50. Heart skipped a bit when applying for 6 months HDB parking (nearly $600). Felt my blood slowly drain out of my body as I put in $50 worth of patrol.

Well....I told myself, I'll be using this car (Camry) for 6 months. After that, then I'll decide if I really need a car.....if not, I'll just sell it off.

Sorry, I don't understand why HDB parking costs $600 for 6 mths can u explain?

Sorry, I don't understand why HDB parking costs $600 for 6 mths can u explain?

???

Seasonal sheltered parking for HDB is about $90 per month.

???

Isn't that the standard rate?

I think a logical decision would be to buy a smaller car. If not you will lost all your blood from pumping petrol alone.. [laugh]

I think a logical decision would be to buy a smaller car. If not you will lost all your blood from pumping petrol alone.. [laugh]

Boss, my deal sibe special ar.

Aiya, to be honest, my dad was driving the camry. He switched to the Roc. So now I've bought over the Camry from him at a huge discount. But if I sell it off, I'll have to give him back all the 'profit' from the sale.

If, by the end of the 6 months, I decided that I want a car, I'll pay him some more.

Turbocharged

Boss, my deal sibe special ar.

Aiya, to be honest, my dad was driving the camry. He switched to the Roc. So now I've bought over the Camry from him at a huge discount. But if I sell it off, I'll have to give him back all the 'profit' from the sale.

If, by the end of the 6 months, I decided that I want a car, I'll pay him some more.

smart deal! you bought a camry at cheap rate and you get a Roc thrown in. [thumbsup]

Hrrrrr......any 2.4ltr car is not FC friendly and also selling off in 6 mths time will incur heavy losses for sure.

Hope u know what u getting yourself into. [sweatdrop]

what have you been doing in MCF? you are SUPPOSE to be educated about cost of owning a car in this forum [:p][:p]

what have you been doing in MCF? you are SUPPOSE to be educated about cost of owning a car in this forum [:p][:p]

KNN lar! I know lar! But...psychologically, been trying to....deny it.

Can't really deny it when I spend ~$3k for just the tax, insurance, parking, coupons, etc etc in under 2 weeks.

Guuuuuuuuuuuh.

Oh, well. I'm already very frugal. Most of my friends have been driving for 2-3 years already. During these times, I've been pumping money into investments instead. I think it's time for a car. Or at least, give it a try.

Turbocharged

KNN lar! I know lar! But...psychologically, been trying to....deny it.

Can't really deny it when I spend ~$3k for just the tax, insurance, parking, coupons, etc etc in under 2 weeks.

Guuuuuuuuuuuh.

Oh, well. I'm already very frugal. Most of my friends have been driving for 2-3 years already. During these times, I've been pumping money into investments instead. I think it's time for a car. Or at least, give it a try.

Its okay, it is US, who have failed you. [bigcry]

smart deal! you bought a camry at cheap rate and you get a Roc thrown in. [thumbsup]

i agree too~

Buy a car that daddy sure like (all uncles love camry), then drive his sports car... wahaha

Its okay, it is US, who have failed you. [bigcry]

not me hor.... i suffer in silent [bigcry] [bigcry]

it was people like you that chu xin chia and some more sporty car that give him impression that it is so easy to own a car [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

not me hor.... i suffer in silent [bigcry] [bigcry]

it was people like you that chu xin chia and some more sporty car that give him impression that it is so easy to own a car [laugh] [laugh]

Who knows the pain & sufferings I endure for those little extravagence in life?

There is one song that reflects my feelings "Sim Su Na Bo Kong Chut Lai, Sia Lang Eh Liao Gai" [bigcry][bigcry]

Who knows the pain & sufferings I endure for those little extravagence in life?

There is one song that reflects my feelings "Sim Su Na Bo Kong Chut Lai, Sia Lang Eh Liao Gai" [bigcry][bigcry]

i misunderstand you [:(] [:(] didn't know you have to suffer so much pain ..... you need MO's shoulder to cry on [laugh]

Well, i personally think you should consider after a year. 6months kinda abit short....

[:)] [:)]

↡ Advertisement