Gout treatment

Biglittlebean

Don't think you can be downgraded for gout. It really depends on the severity and number of attacks and for doctors to verify.

can lah... if your joints can't even bent type... lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Whatever special medication or special fruits or special water that u are trying to take, they still dont replace the importance of exercise and diet control

Do u even exercise ?

Alternatively to medication, you can also try Black Cherry Extract, you can get them from www.vitaglo.com under the brand "NOW"

HI everyone!! Noticed this GOUT thread..just wanted to share my personal experience....i have GOUT for at least 7-8 yrs.

The attack is getting more frequent from once a year to 3-4 times a year. Weight ideal, no other health problem expect very high Uric acid.

Finally i went to Yu ren sheng last oct after my last attack...and till now no attack..even when i eat seafood, peanuts, beer, etc...

Was told that weak Liver is the curplit. of coz once will not help, i went there a few times as the medicine suppose to "clear" and strengthen my liver.

i think must find the root of the problem and not just avoid the food. Cant be avoiding for the rest of our life ^_^

HI everyone!! Noticed this GOUT thread..just wanted to share my personal experience....i have GOUT for at least 7-8 yrs.

The attack is getting more frequent from once a year to 3-4 times a year. Weight ideal, no other health problem expect very high Uric acid.

Finally i went to Yu ren sheng last oct after my last attack...and till now no attack..even when i eat seafood, peanuts, beer, etc...

Was told that weak Liver is the curplit. of coz once will not help, i went there a few times as the medicine suppose to "clear" and strengthen my liver.

i think must find the root of the problem and not just avoid the food. Cant be avoiding for the rest of our life happy.gif

i know ...old thread ....

but what did they sell you that was so potent to take care of your gout ?

Puzzled:- No mention seafood got plants/vegetable and animals. So which type? I am monitoring if vegetable and/or animals like fish version helpful. Do feel free to share.

Not all fish & vegetables are good for gout.

See below from www.whfoods.com

This is just only 1 website but you google, you can find many other websites which lists out the types of fish/vegetables that are not suitable for gout patients.

Foods with very high purine levels(up to 1,000 mg per 3.5 ounce serving): Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys,Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads Foods with high and moderately high purine levels(5-100 mg per 3.5 ounch serving): Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison

Neutral Newbie

Looking for people with gout to do a self completed 15 minutes survey, will be paid $20.00, requirements:
21-65 years old
Male or female
Did blood test for uric level before.

Survey ending mid june, please call, sms/whatsapp Jackson@81088499

Neutral Newbie

My dad has gout :/ so we're looking for a rheumatologist for him. I'm not sure though if it's gout if it's always long-term treatment

From this page: https://www.leongkenghong.com/patient-information/gout.html, it seems that treatment is more on meds, which is good cause I initially thought that surgery may be required for severe cases :) 

I also read above about diet and exercise, hopefully this can also help dad finally stop drinking so much.

Cut off drinking is the best medicine

Next to look is Red meats plus spare parts of pigs

Exercise on the joints once gout recovered.

To prevent the damaged joints from crystals form again.

Neutral Newbie

@yingandvan Also from Dr Leong Keng Hong who you mentioned: https://allaboutarthritisandmore.blogspot.com/

Aside from pain meds, diet and exercise also play a key role in preventing gout.

Turbocharged

For gout prevention, main thing is drinking lots of plain water and peeing them out to remove and reduce your uric acid in your body. This is a damn old thread

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2