In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

I think the night shooting is quite bad. Any tips to improve the video quality?

Yup, it is worse with flashlight on. [thumbsdown][:(]

↡ Advertisement

Light freq - set to 60hz to remove traffic lights flickering. (One bro has pointed out)

I discover if we set the light freq to 60hz, it will solve the traffic light flickering but the image quality seems more worse. Any bro can verify that?

The videos are pretty good (except night shoot - which is crap) .. way better than my previous few cams. Now to see whether it can tahan for prolonged use... under hot singapore sun.

Twincharged
(edited)

I just tried to view the video in my PC, and I realised ALL the videos are not sharp! The resolution is good, but the images are blurry! It's like an off-focus camera image!

Anyone has this problem? Could there be a problem with the lens?

i believe this is not a camera issue, its the display media.

i have a Aiptek GVS and a Camileo P10 - both HD handycams, and just like the F500HD, you have to play it via HDMI or component on your TV, then you can get super clear HD playback.

when you play the raw files on pc, it just appears grainy.

and same with my other cams, night recording with the F500HD is poor.

so for me, the F500HD is just a smaller and more convenient and portable cam for me to put in the car - for day use.

guess i'll still have to hunt for a night cam.

Edited by Ysc3

(edited)

Hi all bro. Dont mind if you can see our blackbox With local 1 year warranty. Others might only provide 3 to 6 months warranty at same price. Now we are having promotion. I can say much more worth than the blackbox you are having. Sorry no offend. Just wanted to introduce good product that all. Thank

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...mp;product=6695

post-65778-1280166840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scopiostuff

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Selling mine from the groupbuy at $150. Not used at all except for testing the set upon receiving it.

Reason to sell is becos I need something to catch a vandal rather then for accident.

Edited by Wrc206

Mine can be use as CCTV to catch vandal. You only need to connect to the direct battery. The power input is low and they is battery monitor system inside to ensure your car battery will not goes flat. Fews of my customer had already bought the 2 channel dvr to act as a CCTV front and rear view.

Neutral Newbie

Mine can be use as CCTV to catch vandal. You only need to connect to the direct battery. The power input is low and they is battery monitor system inside to ensure your car battery will not goes flat. Fews of my customer had already bought the 2 channel dvr to act as a CCTV front and rear view.

What's the damage as everyone will be interested on, pm pls. :D

Twincharged

Selling mine from the groupbuy at $150. Not used at all except for testing the set upon receiving it.

Reason to sell is becos I need something to catch a vandal rather then for accident.

for surveillance, you might need more than 1 cam .... and the setup will have to tap power from you car-batt even when car is off. There is an ad for a multi-channel set here : http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...t&p=3256498 but not cheap lor .... but if can help you nab your vandal, then its worth it.

I agree the night video is crap. Rather grainy.

Today tried the recording. But at a crucial part where I nearly got into an accident with a cab because he accelerated hard at a right turn and came straight into my lane, I realised the recording was off, even though I was recording all the while! [furious]

Luckily I normally practice defensive driving to counter buggers like him.

Anyway, the point is, anyone else experience recording that just suddenly stops by itself? It was only at a traffic light when I was checking whether the recording light was still going that I noticed it had stopped on its own.

Hi all bro. Dont mind if you can see our blackbox With local 1 year warranty. Others might only provide 3 to 6 months warranty at same price. Now we are having promotion. I can say much more worth than the blackbox you are having. Sorry no offend. Just wanted to introduce good product that all. Thank

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...mp;product=6695

But it does not come with wide angle lens and HD resolution video recording. Also IR illumination for nite driving use.

If these three items are included, it would be a perfect cam for car use.

I agree the night video is crap. Rather grainy.

Today tried the recording. But at a crucial part where I nearly got into an accident with a cab because he accelerated hard at a right turn and came straight into my lane, I realised the recording was off, even though I was recording all the while! [furious]

Luckily I normally practice defensive driving to counter buggers like him.

Anyway, the point is, anyone else experience recording that just suddenly stops by itself? It was only at a traffic light when I was checking whether the recording light was still going that I noticed it had stopped on its own.

Is the cig charger loose? I have yet to experience recording stop half way.

Neutral Newbie

for surveillance, you might need more than 1 cam .... and the setup will have to tap power from you car-batt even when car is off. There is an ad for a multi-channel set here : http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...t&p=3256498 but not cheap lor .... but if can help you nab your vandal, then its worth it.

Thanks for the link bro. I have already found what I looking for while waiting for this set which I'm selling now to arrive.

Is the cig charger loose? I have yet to experience recording stop half way.

No, the camera was on all the time, just that the recording just stopped suddenly.

Weird... [hur]

Now gotta think of how to conceal the wiring too. The wire is running down from the top of my rear mirror down to my ciggy socket.

Just hope the camcorder will not fail me again, especially crucial times. [angel]

Twincharged

maybe the sun's heat got to te cam ?? my old dvr also stops by itself once the heat gets to it, then sometime can restart, but sometime it just hangs. so now changing to this grpbuy unit.

btw. i will not be leaving it in the sun whilst my car is parked, may fry the insdes or the lcd screen.

Twincharged

But it does not come with wide angle lens and HD resolution video recording. Also IR illumination for nite driving use.

If these three items are included, it would be a perfect cam for car use.

btw, the wide angle attachment that came with our grpbuy set, can be used on other devices also, just paste the ring on the lens of your other device(if not metallic), then attach the lens on the device and it will work !! however, if the lens of your device is too big, might get a "ring" on your shots.