In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

Hi, does changing EV setting help on video quality?

Maybe it does on night shots but the main problem with these cams r that the lens aperture are small, hence light gathering ability is limited. Very few cam can beat those dedicated video recorders. A toshiba HD video cam cost $400 but the problem is that it doesnt auto on, maybe charging will be an issue since not designed for use in cars & its a thief magnet.

↡ Advertisement

No, the camera was on all the time, just that the recording just stopped suddenly.

Weird... [hur]

Now gotta think of how to conceal the wiring too. The wire is running down from the top of my rear mirror down to my ciggy socket.

Just hope the camcorder will not fail me again, especially crucial times. [angel]

Did you check if your cam setting on "Duration"? This limits the duration per recorded clip (but does not overwrite when full- just stops recording). Not to be used in conjunction with "Recycle" - this allows the media to overwite earlier recordings if full.

For the damage for the one channel Blackbox Oracom. We had already given 15% plus additional 8GB memory card for you all. Price is $339 nett. This is highly recommeded model whereby the review is very good. If you don't want the 8GB memory card. I can give you $319. If you all can make a group buy 5 pcs onward. Price the best i can give you is $299 per pcs. Total saving of up to $100. Compare to Taiwan and China high resolution blackbox only higher by 50-100 dollar. You will never find this price for Korea made DVR in the market. We are assign to promote their DVR here. Therefore the price we keep is extreme low. Not only quality, the design is also outstanding. Most of the DVR outside is square square.

High-light of our DVR

1. G-Sensor - All impact will be recorded in the Event folder without overwritting for safe keeping.

2. GPS - record the time, date and location for each event using satelite data. No setting require. Highly recommeded by insurance company for actual timing,event location(using google map) and travelling speed of the car etc.. whereby others don't provide this information.

3. Car battery monitor - Prevent the car battery from getting flat when act as a CCTV mode.

4. Voltage stabiliser - For smooth recording of image without flickering of video

5. NEW Voice prompt for gps status. Example, GPS reording start/GPS location located/SD card not inserted etc whenever time you start the vehicle. So you will never in doubt whether the DVR is working or not.

6. Light indicator for GPS status.

7. New improve suction stand that withstand hot weather( Much more better than 3M tape)

For the 2 Channel DVR we also have promotion of it. Please look at the link for more infomation

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...mp;product=7531 Luxury type

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...mp;product=6692 Top seller in Korea. Ebay selling USD 283-329

post-65778-1280201787_thumb.jpg

post-65778-1280201807_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Bro, the duration u set to what? i think i set to NO, is it okie? and most importantly,i set the recycle to no as there are no YES in there,only timing,and i dunno which timing to set to,but at NO,it will no automatic recycle the memory when it is full,meaning it just stop there? And which timing did u set at recycle?

Edited by Heartbreakkidz

No, the camera was on all the time, just that the recording just stopped suddenly.

Weird... [hur]

Now gotta think of how to conceal the wiring too. The wire is running down from the top of my rear mirror down to my ciggy socket.

Just hope the camcorder will not fail me again, especially crucial times. [angel]

check with the cable connected to the cam.

i am using the long cable connected to the cam. when i started engine, the cam starts to record. then after a while, it stop.

i found out that the connection is loose(between cable connector and the cam connector). adjust it and it is ok.

Bro, the duration u set to what? i think i set to NO, is it okie? and most importantly,i set the recycle to no as there are no YES in there,only timing,and i dunno which timing to set to,but at NO,it will no automatic recycle the memory when it is full,meaning it just stop there? And which timing did u set at recycle?

Duration i believe is to set how long you want it to record. So, if you want it to record without limitations, it will be alright to set it to no.

And if you set recycle to NO, then when your memory card is full, it will stop recording.

If you want it to over write your files, you will have to set the recycle to a certain timing. For me, i set it to 10 mins. It means that it will record for every 10min, stop, and save. Start a new file and do it for another 10min.

Hope that helps!

Duration i believe is to set how long you want it to record. So, if you want it to record without limitations, it will be alright to set it to no.

And if you set recycle to NO, then when your memory card is full, it will stop recording.

If you want it to over write your files, you will have to set the recycle to a certain timing. For me, i set it to 10 mins. It means that it will record for every 10min, stop, and save. Start a new file and do it for another 10min.

Hope that helps!

Bro Eviltrap.. I think this is what happen to yours... your "Recycle" set to no.. and thus when memory card full, stop recording.

I set mine to 15 mins... so when memory card is full, it will recycle and delete FIFO and overwrite with new.. so never stops recording.

Selling mine from the groupbuy at $150. Not used at all except for testing the set upon receiving it.

Reason to sell is becos I need something to catch a vandal rather then for accident.

U selling is the DV500? which model u letting go? Is the rather big with LCD screen with HD capabilities?

check with the cable connected to the cam.

i am using the long cable connected to the cam. when i started engine, the cam starts to record. then after a while, it stop.

i found out that the connection is loose(between cable connector and the cam connector). adjust it and it is ok.

Hmm, I am running the long cable now. Maybe I'll go and have a look. But I thought if the cable is loose, the whole unit will shut down?

Bro Eviltrap.. I think this is what happen to yours... your "Recycle" set to no.. and thus when memory card full, stop recording.

I set mine to 15 mins... so when memory card is full, it will recycle and delete FIFO and overwrite with new.. so never stops recording.

I set my recycle to no first. When it hit memory full, I switched to 15mins and started recording. But it only lasted a few seconds, judging from the video I took. It stopped just before I moved off from the turn and encountered the reckless taxi.

How about duration? What is duration about actually?

Neutral Newbie

You can ask some technician/ICE installer to run the wire from the top of windscreen to the roof and down on the side door and connect the wiring to your ciggy power source. I used the optional car charger & long USB cable (F500-C2) and solder with extra two short wires to the ciggy power source. So no need to plug into the ciggy socket as it is hidden inside the console and all wiring consealed. Running smoothly since day1.

Hope this help.

Hope that helps!

Thx for the explaination bro, just finish DIY installing it this afternoon, just now on the way back home, i found out that it will stop at 6th min 34secs always as it is full,how come it never recycle since i set to 15min? btw,me using donkey yrs ago 256mb,haha,2molo will try 2gb one,i hope is the card problem :)

Oh one more thing,very important one,how come i off engine liao,the cam still recording? i set to auto off 1min and off also both same,been start and off engine several times this afternoon leh? it will auto start when start engine,but need to manually off the cam when i off the engine...

You can ask some technician/ICE installer to run the wire from the top of windscreen to the roof and down on the side door and connect the wiring to your ciggy power source. I used the optional car charger & long USB cable (F500-C2) and solder with extra two short wires to the ciggy power source. So no need to plug into the ciggy socket as it is hidden inside the console and all wiring consealed. Running smoothly since day1.

Hope this help.

Wow! Sounds good! Will look into it!

Thanks! :D

Neutral Newbie

Try to disable the auto off function as the cam should auto off when car engine is off but if you set auto off 1 min it is telling to cam to auto power off when nothing is happening after 1 min. Try and feedback if this us the case.

Oh one more thing,very important one,how come i off engine liao,the cam still recording? i set to auto off 1min and off also both same,been start and off engine several times this afternoon leh? it will auto start when start engine,but need to manually off the cam when i off the engine...

Try to disable the auto off function as the cam should auto off when car engine is off but if you set auto off 1 min it is telling to cam to auto power off when nothing is happening after 1 min. Try and feedback if this us the case.

I also tot this is the case, so i waited but after 3min still going on record leh,i set to everything under the auto off liao but all scenario same,will just carry on recording till the card full... :(

Strange! My auto off is 5 min, it also auto off immediately after engine off.

I also tot this is the case, so i waited but after 3min still going on record leh,i set to everything under the auto off liao but all scenario same,will just carry on recording till the card full... :(

Actually u can test it with your PC USB port, it is the same behaviour. No need to test with your engine on/off. [rolleyes]

Strange! My auto off is 5 min, it also auto off immediately after engine off.

That is y i found it strange too, btw,ur 5min do what huh? do u notice anything got to do with the 5th min u choose?

↡ Advertisement