In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

crank immediately ?? wun that be bad for the car ?? i usually on the power for abt 5 secs than crank the engine.

these modern cars no need to worry so much... morning straightaway cold start drive off liao... no need warm up engine, all that sort of thing...

trust in Toyota... starting cars they have no problem... only when stopping the car then have problem... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Bro,what resolution did u set to ur HD500? and what sd card u use?

Resolution is 1280 x 720. SD card is the Patriot 16GB class 10.

I think I will switch back the resolution to 1920 x 1080, although angle is smaller than 1280 x 720 but can see the other vehicle license plate more clearly.

Neutral Newbie

For the damage for the one channel Blackbox Oracom. We had already given 15% plus additional 8GB memory card for you all. Price is $339 nett. This is highly recommeded model whereby the review is very good. If you don't want the 8GB memory card. I can give you $319. If you all can make a group buy 5 pcs onward. Price the best i can give you is $299 per pcs. Total saving of up to $100. Compare to Taiwan and China high resolution blackbox only higher by 50-100 dollar. You will never find this price for Korea made DVR in the market. We are assign to promote their DVR here. Therefore the price we keep is extreme low. Not only quality, the design is also outstanding. Most of the DVR outside is square square.

Quite interested in this one. Although the resolution is only 640x480, the night shot is better than F500HD and F900HD. And you have shrunk the price gap between Korean and Taiwan or China cams. If you can go lower like $270 with 8GB, think can generate at least 10 buyers for a GB. :)

Only the older version of engines with grow plug need to pre-heat a small amount of fuel before cranking the engine.

Preheat required for cold countries.

Modern engines no need.

(edited)

crank immediately ?? wun that be bad for the car ?? i usually on the power for abt 5 secs than crank the engine.

how bout plugging in the 12v after you start the engine?

this way you can carry on with your habit of waiting 5 secs before cranking engine.

Edited by Kiario

this way you can carry on with your habit of waiting 5 secs before cranking engine.

This becomes semi-auto liao [:(]

Sometimes sure forget to plug in ... and then no recording for the journey.

One of the biggest problem for my previous cam was having to manual start/stop the recording.. so sometimes forget, and then murphy's law would sure operate, where the most significant incident would happen just when the camera not recording.

So this auto start/off is a great feature that gives peace of mind. Of course, this mean the cam must be plugged in all the time - and I guess introduces the risk of being a thief magnet by having a conspicuous shiny object clearly visible from the outside.

(edited)

i agree the color of our f500 a bit outstanding, so i cover it with a black handphone cover(those bag type where you just pull the string to tighten it), to take out, just lossen it and slot it down.

not sure it will help just hope that it will make it less obvious from afar.

but at my office i still remove it due to scare it cannot take the heat(no mscp)

Edited by Kiario

Parkingidiot: Firstly thanks for your help in this MO. I know it's a very tedious process. Please keep my "refund" as a token of my appreciation. Also can you take a pic of your setup since it's mounted at driver side? Interested to do it that way too.

I viewed the recording I did this morning but seems like I can't see the number plate of vehicle in front which is about 2~3 car lengths away. Is this normal?

Neutral Newbie

U selling is the DV500? which model u letting go? Is the rather big with LCD screen with HD capabilities?

The one I'm selling is the F500HD which I bought from the groupbuy earlier in this thread.

Twincharged

i agree the color of our f500 a bit outstanding, so i cover it with a black handphone cover(those bag type where you just pull the string to tighten it), to take out, just lossen it and slot it down.

not sure it will help just hope that it will make it less obvious from afar.

but at my office i still remove it due to scare it cannot take the heat(no mscp)

i am trying a very simple, free, no fuss way of setting up the cam on my dashboard. easy-in, easy out, but most probably will run it on battery so to save the hassle of plugging and unplugging.

I have trained myself to on/off my old set without fail since i got into an accident 1.5years ago.

as for the battery, it seems the batt can last for quite some time ...maybe 1.5 to 2 hrs i guess ? so by just keeping a spare batt in the car along with the cable as backup, shud lessen the power issue.

btw, even if you cover it up, if ur car still parked in open space and exposed to the sun, the lcd screen will take a beating after a while. I once left my phone in the car under the sun ...when i came back for it a couple hours later, i almost cud not see the display !!

Parkingidiot: Firstly thanks for your help in this MO. I know it's a very tedious process. Please keep my "refund" as a token of my appreciation. Also can you take a pic of your setup since it's mounted at driver side? Interested to do it that way too.

I viewed the recording I did this morning but seems like I can't see the number plate of vehicle in front which is about 2~3 car lengths away. Is this normal?

Bro, that's very kind of you .. thanks very much! [thumbsup]

I'll take a photo and put up later today.

For the number plate .. I think should be able to see 2-3 car lengths.. esp at the higher res. But car movement and vibration do play a part in making unclear. Let me check out and see if experience the same.

Sorry. We had already place the price for oracom very low. It,s the most affortable blackbox with all the features in it. esp the suction stand. we are the 1st to introduce this type of suction stand. Usually outside all using double side tape( use only once) or suction stand like gps type( which is easily damage or drop under hot sun). Ours suction stand is different from them. Its sticky and can withstand high temperture esp under hot side. You can remove easily and stick to others cars with ease. Look at all the high-light of the oracom preloaded. We don't recommend battery in-built but oracom can support portable battery at additional cost. Battery in-built is not good for the module, Our countries is extremely high in temp so battery might expand or expose under hot sun. Oracom also have speaker in side. so every thing when you started the car. its will voice out recording started etc... If error it will voice out also. So you will never need to check often is the recording is functioning. ( light status indicator also). Not only that, the setting is user friendly, one time setting include G-senor Sensitivity, driver name, car plate number, password(optional) etc.. will do. That all. Checking of event. Just take out the SD card. insert into computer. open the oracom.exe program and ready to view all video and google map.

i tried to install both on the passenger side and then driver side. felt like the driver side is better. see the pics for yourself.

post-857-1280330899_thumb.jpg

post-857-1280330755_thumb.jpg

post-857-1280331227_thumb.jpg

I also install it to the driver side but it is more near to my A pillar,then i tilt the angle to it is pointing to the centre,also up there near to the sun shade,hope this way,the sun is not directly heating on it :)

↡ Advertisement