In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone using the DV668FHD from Speed Ong?

I'm undecided between the DV808 and DV668.

Any comment in terms of video quality (day & night), ease of use, etc is much appreciated!!

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Any comment in terms of video quality (day & night), ease of use, etc is much appreciated!!

Thanks.

Q7.jpg

photodv808d.jpg

photodv808.jpg

dv808a.jpg

We really have stocks on hand. No need to wait 3 or 4 days. We are a registered company in Singapore.

Day Video of DV808LCD

Night Video of DV808LCD

Latest!! Blackview DV808LCD(Korean Design) HD720P ultra slim and small Car Black Box Recorder with 2.0

Hi Adrianli,

I have juz got my blackview unit after reading abt your positive reviews on it!

The video tat u posted using BlackView seems very clear leh, even can see car plate clearly.

But my was rather blur... At best can try to guess the car plate numbers only.

U mind sharing with me your settings in 'Video Output' and also the settings in 'Setup'.

One more question, when i try to view playback, it only shows clips from no.134 to 140(which is my last clip).

So wat happened to previous clips? Got rewrited? Mine was set to 5min per clip and using Kingston 4GB Class4 micro sd.

Lastly, any idea how to mute the recording? Cos I dun really like my talking conversation to be recorded.

Read thru the instruction manual liao but never say anything abt it. Only show where the speaker is.

Kinda hate the speaker!

Tks in advance...

Edited by Ronleo

Hi Adrianli,

The video tat u posted using BlackView seems very clear leh, even can see car plate clearly.

U mind sharing with me your settings in 'Video Output' and also the settings in 'Setup'.

One more question, when i try to view playback, it only shows clips from no.134 to 140(which is my last clip).

So wat happened to previous clips? Got rewrited? Mine was set to 5min per clip and using Kingston 4GB Class4 micro sd.

Did u reformat ur microSD card??? If there are other files, Blackview will only use the available space only and overwrites the files it created. It will not overwrite the other files in ur microSD card.

Lastly, any idea how to mute the recording? Cos I dun really like my talking conversation to be recorded.

Read thru the instruction manual liao but never say anything abt it. Only show where the speaker is.

Kinda hate the speaker!

Nope, no option to mute the mic. Either put a tape at the microphone or edit the video b4 submitting it.

Tks in advance...

See my settings :

post-2654-1318156550_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1318156570_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1318156592_thumb.jpg

Hi Adrianli,

Kinda hate the speaker!

Tks in advance...

What is the version of the firmware of your blackview? If it is the latest version 1.1 then should not be blur, but if yours is the v1.0 with the old firmware & chip used... thats explain y it is blur. Tested both version myself.. [;)]

I kinda find kmplayer UI bad. I will still recommend vlc. It's almost idiot proof

Yup i agree, but some video files by some car dvr have problem playing back with vlc, guessed its the codec :\

kmplayer on the other hand, play all the videos fine so far..

Edited by Shochong

So far I visit three shops to do my wiring.

1) One of the workshop at Yishun Industrial Estate, cant remember to shop name.

2) Hai Wee at Bukit Batok, look for Desmond(Boss).

3) Vision at Rangoon Road, look for Jack(Boss).

Just tell them ur requirements, they should be able to do it for u.

cool... thanks

Supercharged
name='Adrianli' date='Oct 9 2011, 12:45 PM' post='4055050']

Met with suicide female cyclist earlier!!!

Sorry cant post video, dont know how to censor the face in video.

This type of reckless cyclist are common. Some are pedestrians. They always think cars won't dare to knock them down as the law protects them. What to do? We (cars) can only shake our head and give way to them lor!

Edited by TVT

Supercharged

Thanks.

I'm using the DSX1080SP from Shochong. It looks exactly the same as the DV668FHD from Speed Ong. But the hardware inside I'm not sure if its 100% similar. If it is, you could read my comments on this cam posted on 1-2 days ago.

Supercharged

Thanks bro for the review, the codec of the player that is used to playback the video could cause the playback speed sometimes, try kmplayer & update me. Happy to know u r satisfied with the product. Cheers!

Xaiver, there's one observation I found. I left the cam on motion detection mode at 12am last nite. The cam's own battery was full when I left it. Later I went back to the car at 1am to get some stuff...and found the cam switch-off as the removable battery was flat. Between 12-1am, about 10-15mins of recordings were made as the motion detector did its work. However I tot the battery could last up to 2 hours + (at least as stated in the specs?) In this case only last an hour.

Neutral Newbie

notice u guys trying different players to play the file..

google for Media player classic or MPC-HC, it is a simple player n should be able to play most files..

meanwhile i still not sure which dvr to get..some here good deal

I'm using the DSX1080SP from Shochong. It looks exactly the same as the DV668FHD from Speed Ong. But the hardware inside I'm not sure if its 100% similar. If it is, you could read my comments on this cam posted on 1-2 days ago.

Hi TVT,I read your review on the non-constant playback speed (sometime fast & sometime slow though the drive is at constant speed). Is this referring to the DSX1080SP? Is the problem still there?Plus the battery life you mentioned in the other post, are there any other issues?Will you recommend this model?Thanks a million in advance!!

Xaiver, there's one observation I found. I left the cam on motion detection mode at 12am last nite. The cam's own battery was full when I left it. Later I went back to the car at 1am to get some stuff...and found the cam switch-off as the removable battery was flat. Between 12-1am, about 10-15mins of recordings were made as the motion detector did its work. However I tot the battery could last up to 2 hours + (at least as stated in the specs?) In this case only last an hour.

Got the same DVR as you from Xavier, overall pleased with the camera except for the battery ,it dont last more than 30mins as its capacity is only 500mah.

Got the same DVR as you from Xavier, overall pleased with the camera except for the battery ,it dont last more than 30mins as its capacity is only 500mah.

Is the battery removable type? Or those sealed in type? Thanks
↡ Advertisement