In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

Supercharged

i happen to chance upon this

portable battery

for those who don't want to connect their cam to the car's battery, is this workable, anyone tried before?

i am concerned with the rated power.. heard many china products have overrated their stuff. any way to test it?

Looks good to me. worth to give it a try.

↡ Advertisement

i happen to chance upon this

portable battery

for those who don't want to connect their cam to the car's battery, is this workable, anyone tried before?

i am concerned with the rated power.. heard many china products have overrated their stuff. any way to test it?

I am very concerned abt such portable battery indicated capacity. For example, u see this URL u posted, its 12,000mah. But it is not actually true 12,000mah at 5v output capacity.

Li-ion battery nominal voltage is 3.6V

Li-Fe battery nominal voltage is 3.3V

Li-poly battery nominal voltage is 3.7V

There is no 5V lithium battery exist at the moment. So the maker is using a step-up transformer to up the voltage to 5V output. This in turn cause a drop in the battery capacity to much lower than the rated 12,000mah.

This can be represented by the below theory calculations:

Lets assume it is using Li-poly battery.

P=IV

P= 12,000 x 3.7

P= 44,000

44,000 = I x 5V

I = 8,880mah

So in actual fact, it is only 8,880mah capacity at 5V rather than 12,000mah at 5V. If it is to output at 12V, the capacity drops even further.

Also these got no car charger, u got to bring home n charge n replace it everyday. U will need two sets to cover 24/7 operation.

Turbocharged

thanks bro.. [thumbsup]

this price looks good even if it is at 8000mah.. if it really is.. some comments on similar products on deaxextreme are like only 2000mah when they advertised 8000mah. can a voltmeter measure the rating? (if it can, probably gonna borrow it from a friend)

hope it has enough power to do overnight surveillance..

(edited)

thanks bro.. [thumbsup]

this price looks good even if it is at 8000mah.. if it really is.. some comments on similar products on deaxextreme are like only 2000mah when they advertised 8000mah. can a voltmeter measure the rating? (if it can, probably gonna borrow it from a friend)

To know its actual capacity, u will need to run the battery from full charged till drain on a capacity logger to know its true capacity.

These lithium batteries cannot run flat one, it will destroy the battery thus shorten the life-span.

Minimum voltage will be 3.0V.

Edited by Adrianli

thanks bro.. [thumbsup]

One I have is for laptop, never bothered to run a test on the mah, leaving overnight for me is a fear,

I'm more afraid of it catching fire, as with the direct tap into the car batt with the PowerMagic. Troublesome as it may seem,

will remove batt before leaving the car. Peace of mind.

One I have is for laptop, never bothered to run a test on the mah, leaving overnight for me is a fear,

I'm more afraid of it catching fire, as with the direct tap into the car batt with the PowerMagic. Troublesome as it may seem,

will remove batt before leaving the car. Peace of mind.

portable battery packs if switched off but left in the car is there also a risk of catching fire?

portable battery packs if switched off but left in the car is there also a risk of catching fire?

If u park under the sun, I advise u against using these lithium battery packs.

Lithium-ion batteries can rupture, ignite, or explode when exposed to high temperature. Short-circuiting a battery will cause the cell to overheat and possibly to catch fire. Adjacent cells may then overheat and fail, possibly causing the entire battery to ignite or rupture. In the event of a fire, the device may emit dense irritating smoke

Personally, I'd feel a lot better if I took them out.

Lithium-ion batteries can rupture, ignite, or explode when exposed to high temperature. Short-circuiting a battery will cause the cell to overheat and possibly to catch fire. Adjacent cells may then overheat and fail, possibly causing the entire battery to ignite or rupture. In the event of a fire, the device may emit dense irritating smoke

Yeah bro. not being paranoid, insurances no coverage if they found out this is your fault.

Yeah bro. not being paranoid, insurances no coverage if they found out this is your fault.

Yup, one will never know the workmanship on the product esp from China. The battery will be fine. But the soldering of various parts together are still labour intensive.

Yup, one will never know the workmanship on the product esp from China. The battery will be fine. But the soldering of various parts together are still labour intensive.

Yeah, best is remove. Now I go the use and throw route, why bother pay so much also.

Any user here using this korea brand car recorder Inavi black clair non gps here. Just brought one from korea when on business trip there last week. The online registration and to update the latest firmware is done online. But the website is in korea word and same for the operation manual. Any one had the operation manual in english can borrow to photostat? kindly advice can I use other korean brand firmware found online?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fellow bro and sis(if any),

I'm a newbie to this in car video recorder and have recently bought my very first Itronics ITB 100HD from bro Xavier. Just wanted to clear some doubts and learn from the seniors in this forum to make full use of my new gadget. At the same time to manage my expectations as well as I have not been exposed to any other car recorder and thus will not be able to determine if the end results are the "norm". Please bear with me if my enquries are elementary: Here goes:

Night Video

1) Is the quality of my night recording considered good? I noticed that certain bright lights like the street lamps/traffic lights etc tend to have a halo effect. Is that normal? Can anything be done to improve on it? I have tried the brightness and contrast functions and also switch on the night vision mode in the player but to no avail...

2 Same video around the 30 sec timing. As I approached the white car, I realise that I can't see its license plate at all. His license plate too reflective? My lights too glaring? I'm using normal stock light bulbs for my headlamp. Is this normal as well? If this is normal, then how do I ensure that I can capture its license plate if I really wanted to? Dim down my headlights?

Day Video

1) Day videos definitely are much better and clearer. Another thing that I notice is that sometimes the lights from the traffic light flicker as shown in the video. Why is it so and any means to avoid it? And in this video, guess the reason I cant see the license plate of the car in front is because of the sun glare from the back? Just to check with the more experience bro here, normally to ensure that recording of crucial information is being captured, what will you do? Will you drive to the sides as well as follow behind for a while in order to eliminate/reduce tha chances of non capture of crucial information like licence plate?

Hope to receive valuable advices from the fellow forumers here. Given what had just transpired over the past few days, please do not flame me and I do not harbour any other intentions except to clarify and learn from the seniors here. Many thanks in adv!

Cheers!

Personally, I'd feel a lot better if I took them out.

then what about those portable GPS units and ipods, also not safe to leave it in the car?

hope i don't have to carry my DVR, GPS, ipod everytime i park in the sunny area! especially with the crappy weather nowadays

looks like i may need to borrow my wife handbags soon

Neutral Newbie

Oh dear.... think i must have did something wrong with the video upload...... Please pardon me. I'm a sotong noob when it comes to issues like this.... Can any kind soul help me out? Many thks!

so it's also better to remove the battery from the DVR as well? When ignition is turned on, the DVR taps power from the car anyway.

I park under hot sun very often especially if the sheltered lots at my often are taken up.

then what about those portable GPS units and ipods, also not safe to leave it in the car?

hope i don't have to carry my DVR, GPS, ipod everytime i park in the sunny area! especially with the crappy weather nowadays

looks like i may need to borrow my wife handbags soon

I only have a GPS, and it's kept in the glove compartment. Battery wise, it's exposed if I choose to leave it, of which I do not,

remove it from the car when I leave it parked. Short period of time I guess, guess only, should be fine.

Lets assume it is using Li-poly battery.

P=IV

P= 12,000 x 3.7

P= 44,000

44,000 = I x 5V

I = 8,880mah

So in actual fact, it is only 8,880mah capacity at 5V rather than 12,000mah at 5V. If it is to output at 12V, the capacity drops even further.

Also these got no car charger, u got to bring home n charge n replace it everyday. U will need two sets to cover 24/7 operation.

Tks bro Adrian once again. Very informative.

I was doing this computation mentally too (except that I didnt know LiPo was at 3.7V nominal voltage)

At the present moment, it will seem lead acid battery is still a cheap and safe option.

Aside to bro Adrian: Did you get a chance to measure the power draw for finevue?

↡ Advertisement