In car vehicle recorder

Tom_kkh

anyone know what is the memory space for GSE580 without the SD card? how long can it records on full HD mode before it starts to overwrite?

Very little only. Can store I think either 2 or 3 photos or 3 to 5secs of video footage. Its more for emergency use only and it will not overwrite.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bought the camera less than a week so dunt know how long the battery can last after full charge. It is hot but still can touch. Just worry it may be explosive and cause fire. Thinking it become hot and under hot sun, it may be too hot. China battery a bit scary... i think better take the battery out...Thanks.

So far I visit three shops to do my wiring.

1) One of the workshop at Yishun Industrial Estate, cant remember to shop name.

2) Hai Wee at Bukit Batok, look for Desmond(Boss).

3) Vision at Rangoon Road, look for Jack(Boss).

Just tell them ur requirements, they should be able to do it for u.

did u wire all ur cams? [:/]

Supercharged

Hi, Bros..

if u r considering this one, maybe better re-consider.

may be only the unit i got, but the recording (or replay?) speed is not "constant".

recorded in 1080p, on 16GB Class 10 Silicon Power microSD card. 3-4 secs recording gap between files.

Video is sharp but when viewing (on different PCs) parts of video "speeds up" and then back to normal.

just from video, it will give impression that the car itself was driven fast/slow/fast/slow even though actually at constant speed.

that itself is no big deal if only for own viewing but for blackbox "evidence" it can become arguable.

maybe firmware issue. Don't think it's the mSD card (tried on normal DV cam, no problem)

I got this cam too, from local supplier Shochong. But what I know from the specs given to me was that it is a 5mp lens (instead of 3mp as stated in the DX advert). Other than that, everything else, including the box design is actually the same as mine. So could the diff comes from the hardware inside?

I had reviewed the recordings and found no lags between files. I am using Transcent 8GB class 10 micro SD card.

Video is sharp and good. Car plates infront and car beside can be seen clearly.

But the video does looked fast sometimes, and slow sometimes, even at constant traveling speed. However that doesn't bother me at all.

Motion detection (I've tested at a range of 2-3 meters) is responsive.

Overall, the cam is acceptable to me, and I'm happy with the buy.

Very little only. Can store I think either 2 or 3 photos or 3 to 5secs of video footage. Its more for emergency use only and it will not overwrite.

Hi Adrianli,

Sorry to be blunt. [wave] I have encounter 1x where my SHDC memory card is not in my GSE580 ( i left it in at home ). But GSE580 internal memory able to record about 3 min in 1920X1080. I just done a check, GSE580 has internal memory of 224MB. In fact thats the good point. [thumbsup]

Bought the camera less than a week so dunt know how long the battery can last after full charge. It is hot but still can touch. Just worry it may be explosive and cause fire. Thinking it become hot and under hot sun, it may be too hot. China battery a bit scary... i think better take the battery out...Thanks.

Hi Bro,

You got to be careful when you remove the battery just incase you short the 2 wires +Ve -Ve.

Dont cut the cable in a go, do 1 at a time. As you know cutter is a electrical conductive, when you cut 2 at a go, you can short the both terminal. Hmm, happen to my workmates he do at a go & the battery has high capacity [bounce1]

Edited by Transcendentsolutions

Neutral Newbie

hi, i am a noob here.. read thru pages of this thread front and end parts..(too many!)

also did quite a number of googles before coming to here.

can any1 jus show me some light...

1) if i wanna install the camera, can it be DIY (like hidding the cables etc..).. any tips?

2) if i wanna have it in surveillance mode (24hrs ON and record upon motion/impact etc), how is the setup like?

link direct from car battery? cig charger?

if leave it for 1 week b4 next car usage can car battery sustain?

3) its a new car also.. best to ask ppl fix or from authorised distrbtr or diy?

thanks

I wire 2 of them. One is 24/7 another to the rear. The rest I DIY as per manual of the car cam.

Bro, so far all the cam you owned, do they have the same connection? As in plug in wire to cam?

Bro, so far all the cam you owned, do they have the same connection? As in plug in wire to cam?

Its either the mini-usb plug or the mini pointedplug.

See my reply in red.

hi, i am a noob here.. read thru pages of this thread front and end parts..(too many!)

also did quite a number of googles before coming to here.

can any1 jus show me some light...

1) if i wanna install the camera, can it be DIY (like hidding the cables etc..).. any tips?

Yes, can DIY. Follow the manual.

2) if i wanna have it in surveillance mode (24hrs ON and record upon motion/impact etc), how is the setup like?

link direct from car battery? cig charger?

Direct from car batt or fuse box. Remember to have a fuse n switch connected too.

if leave it for 1 week b4 next car usage can car battery sustain?

1 week??? Ur car battery will be drained. If really need to run one week 24/7, best is run from external battery pack. The next issue is ur memory card, it will not last u more than one day of recording in Full HD. U will need a hard disk DVR like those used commercially.

3) its a new car also.. best to ask ppl fix or from authorised distrbtr or diy?

If its just plugging into the cig lighter, u can DIY. If need to connect directly for surveillance, get the car accessory shops to do it for u. I dont think AD will do it for u. They will send it to outside workshop to do n charge u the marked up price.

thanks

Neutral Newbie

See my reply in red.

ok, thank you very much! now i do haf a clearer picture...

mmm, mayb its time now to hunt around..

but looks like its not bad to get from online/mo..

I got this cam too, from local supplier Shochong. But what I know from the specs given to me was that it is a 5mp lens (instead of 3mp as stated in the DX advert). Other than that, everything else, including the box design is actually the same as mine. So could the diff comes from the hardware inside?

I had reviewed the recordings and found no lags between files. I am using Transcent 8GB class 10 micro SD card.

Video is sharp and good. Car plates infront and car beside can be seen clearly.

But the video does looked fast sometimes, and slow sometimes, even at constant traveling speed. However that doesn't bother me at all.

Motion detection (I've tested at a range of 2-3 meters) is responsive.

Overall, the cam is acceptable to me, and I'm happy with the buy.

Thanks bro for the review, the codec of the player that is used to playback the video could cause the playback speed sometimes, try kmplayer & update me. Happy to know u r satisfied with the product. Cheers!

Supercharged

Thanks bro for the review, the codec of the player that is used to playback the video could cause the playback speed sometimes, try kmplayer & update me. Happy to know u r satisfied with the product. Cheers!

I'm using Final Media Player now. Proabably this is not the best player.

Where to get the kmplayer? Is it a freeware?

Neutral Newbie

I'm using Final Media Player now. Proabably this is not the best player.

Where to get the kmplayer? Is it a freeware?

I kinda find kmplayer UI bad. I will still recommend vlc. It's almost idiot proof

Met with suicide female cyclist earlier!!!

Sorry cant post video, dont know how to censor the face in video.

post-2654-1318135481_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1318135506_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement