Hand brake or foot brake better?

Kudass

Neutral Newbie

hi bros, can check with u all if u noe which is better? looking for a car with hand brake instead of foot brake cause scare later confuse it with clutch..

↡ Advertisement

hi bros, can check with u all if u noe which is better? looking for a car with hand brake instead of foot brake cause scare later confuse it with clutch..

I personally prefer a handbrake instead of foot-parking brake.

Years ago, I drove co' Madza 929 for 1 day. The foot-parking brake pedal is on the far left corner, safely away from clutch, and release lever below the dashboard.

IMHO, stop-go up a very steep ramp is easier to control with handbrake. I dunno how to control with foot-parking brake pedal. Maybe, for those lux cars with big engines, no problems, got hill-assist.

hand brake is obviously better for safety,

cos people who drive manual and go into an auto car with foot brake will step on the parking brake thinking that it's a clutch, and out they go, flying through the car windshield!!!

however, the reason why car manufacturers these days choose electronic finger brake, or foot brake is to free up space in the centre console for compartments, cupholders, controls, buttons, etc....

foot brake is an alternative method to engage the parking brake, but definitely not a replacement....

both are fine with me.

all my previous rides are handbrakes, only my current one is footbrake.

but it is true that handbrake has a better control when it comes to slope braking.

most luxury cars (comfy drive) come with footbrakes and sporty cars (handling drive) come with handbrake.

Neutral Newbie

Mine's electronic parking brake, only need to use one finger but cannot do handbrake turn.

Mine is foot brake , actually , if you get used to it no problem one, but foot brake you need step on it quite hard . handbrake just pull easily and then foot brake you need more energy to step on it .

(edited)

My preference is still hand brake (for safety and emergency).

Edited by Yuan

Mine's electronic parking brake, only need to use one finger but cannot do handbrake turn.

Should provide 1 more button "handbrake turn", so can choose when want more fun [laugh]

no need worry abt confusoin with clutch. the position of footbrake is really quite high, u will not "accidentally" step on it. and after 1 wk with the car, u get used to it. my current car is with footbrake. nowadays if i drive other cars, i will "step" on the footbrake and step on air. then realise car have handbrake intead of footbrake.

the only thing abt handbrake is if you got heart attack or something, your passenger can stop the car using handbrake. errr... possibility of this.. quite low lah.

go ahead and get your latio.

Which manual car has foot brake?

Mercedes Benz 200E. There is one unit 1989 manual in Singapore. I wonder how to move off from slope, kinda lots of actions. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Drove a latio b4..Always forgot to release the footbrake and go..Too used to handbrake liao.. [:p]

Changed from handbrake to footbrake this year. Diff car. Manual to auto. Big change...

Took some getting used to... but having a footbrake frees up space at the centre console.

Also took some getting used to for going up slope from stationary position.

Now used to it... footbrake is much higher than a clutch pedal usually is so very small chance of mistaking it.... unless you are very bobo! heh heh.

Neutral Newbie

no need worry abt confusoin with clutch. the position of footbrake is really quite high, u will not "accidentally" step on it. and after 1 wk with the car, u get used to it. my current car is with footbrake. nowadays if i drive other cars, i will "step" on the footbrake and step on air. then realise car have handbrake intead of footbrake.

the only thing abt handbrake is if you got heart attack or something, your passenger can stop the car using handbrake. errr... possibility of this.. quite low lah.

go ahead and get your latio.

Later passenger too "kan cheong", pull the wrong handbrake. :wacko:

frankly, footbrake will take up abit space of ur left leg. i used to lean my leg on the left side. [laugh]

well atleast lady driver hv something to hold while she driving. :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement