Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

can we share share? meaning, I take US, you take Euro, we can copy for each other into another micro sd card?

↡ Advertisement

can we share share? meaning, I take US, you take Euro, we can copy for each other into another micro sd card?

i have a feeling we cant, if not, how can they sell the map at $69? [rolleyes]

and even if we can, dun spell it out here lah.... [laugh]

Hmnnn, can't really tell cos going back from genting was more straightforward...have to test again next time [laugh]

i used to have a 765(costed abot $600 than) i think or something, after one week i changed to holux.

am not sure abt now but 3 years ago the singapre map from germin was not comprehesive. some places i canot find by block, so to me if the gps can only lead me to the street and i have to find the block myself, than why get a gps system?

another time i used to to navigate to funan, I was right infront of funan but it lead me to go one round to the back of funan building?! I was right infront of the front building's carpark....

so one week later i went back to the shop and changed to Holux($399). No problem since. Once it even lead me to a place by going through carpark which i found it to be shorter, impressed.

only problem is holux only use in sing and malaysia, be true to yrself howmany of us really need it for other countries?

lastly holux's screen is not as bright as garmin in bright day light.

if i were to buy again, Holux! unlrss now germin uses SLA map and can be search by blk. than garmin for its added bright screen.

if u us it in sing, than live traffic feed by holux can be atravtive too.

Actually it is the map, not due to the GPS. The map I used then was from malsingmap and similarly, it led me through a carpark and out to my destination - shortcut!

I share la.....with u

Neutral Newbie

i have a feeling we cant, if not, how can they sell the map at $69? [rolleyes]

and even if we can, dun spell it out here lah.... [laugh]

What navigation software does maka use for the foreign countries? igo?

Neutral Newbie

according to one of the SE, we shd go for the US map, cuz more worth it (so many states, so many cities)! ^_^

but then again, i had a feeling that the SE wasnt very sure what he was talking becuz when i asked so can i get a EUROPE map, he said yes. and i asked again THE ENTIRE EUROPE? he gave me a +ve YES. hmm.... [rolleyes]

that'll include UK, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, etc.....

That couldnt be true rite? [laugh]

Dear mycarforum member Frenzzsg,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have 3 region fall under Europe, it's either Central, Eastern or Western part of Europe. As this is a bundle maps, you could select one territory of your choice.

All the map data and navigation engine is provided by Polnav. Their software is simple to use as compare to other major leading navigation software in the market. We have tested their maps in many countries such as Taiwan, USA (West and East Coast), NZ, Australia, Thailand and India. It gave us some decent navigation with fast calculation of route.

Unfortunately you guys won't be able to share the overseas map as it's coded with the SD card. [:(]

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Group

keromond, you got the GPS already right? how's the review?

I tried it in JB today...ok leh, under strong sunlight...the screen is pretty decent n navi is good too....but batt life not tat fantastic...the car charger wire too short for my current car.

When u gog to collect ur map?

collect it all together when the leather casing is ready....I heard, end june..

I might be getting the friction mount to kerb the potential "short charging cable" issue for my Fit, since the windscreen is far from driver..City should be same?

Dear mycarforum member Frenzzsg,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have 3 region fall under Europe, it's either Central, Eastern or Western part of Europe. As this is a bundle maps, you could select one territory of your choice.

All the map data and navigation engine is provided by Polnav. Their software is simple to use as compare to other major leading navigation software in the market. We have tested their maps in many countries such as Taiwan, USA (West and East Coast), NZ, Australia, Thailand and India. It gave us some decent navigation with fast calculation of route.

Unfortunately you guys won't be able to share the overseas map as it's coded with the SD card. [:(]

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

wow, didnt expect a reply specially attention to me..haha [laugh]

thx for the clarification! [thumbsup]

shd be getting the western europe map then.

the maps are all ready or collection rite? will be getting my secretary to collect it next wk. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

The battery sucks. Last night I charge it till the blue light, this afternoon the battery is flat. Is there a problem with the battery? :angry:

Dear mycarforum member Benjamin00000,

Thank you for your valued feedback, we deeply appreciated your kind feedback and look forward to hear from you soon.

As the recent Marbella series is equipped with the latest MTK chipset (high sensitivity with low power consumption), our battery should provide a continous power up to 2hrs.

Please kindly switch on the monitor for you to charge. Please kindly leave your Marbella GPS Navigator to the position as follows otherwise the charging will not go into it.

os_1.jpg

Kindly try to charge the device till the Blue indicator comes up and feedback to us again.

If the problem persists, please do not feel hesitate to contact us at (65) 6276 0889 or our 24HRs support hotline at (65) 6100 1239.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

collect it all together when the leather casing is ready....I heard, end june..

I might be getting the friction mount to kerb the potential "short charging cable" issue for my Fit, since the windscreen is far from driver..City should be same?

Wanted to look at marbella 660 as advertised by courts, they claim no stock yet still wanna advertised!

Asked if other branches have, he said no! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

The battery sucks. Last night I charge it till the blue light, this afternoon the battery is flat. Is there a problem with the battery? :angry:

which model is that? luckily I didn't buy!

Supersonic

Wanted to look at marbella 660 as advertised by courts, they claim no stock yet still wanna advertised!

Asked if other branches have, he said no! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Advertisement and available stocks does not always go hand in hand, although ideally they should or it make customer angry.

Just came back from Malacca/KL/ Segamat. Found the map is not so updated even I have updated the set. Was in Malacca looking for Wonderland theme park, you can see the destination but no navigation to the point. Sad. Then in Segamat, certain road was not there too. My bro was using the Ga**** brand, no problem at all. Hope Marbella can do something about it. Thanks.

Just came back from Malacca/KL/ Segamat. Found the map is not so updated even I have updated the set. Was in Malacca looking for Wonderland theme park, you can see the destination but no navigation to the point. Sad. Then in Segamat, certain road was not there too. My bro was using the Ga**** brand, no problem at all. Hope Marbella can do something about it. Thanks.

think you have to email/call them about this.

↡ Advertisement