Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thanks for your prompt explanation. Wish you a good business.

Edited by Esmond
↡ Advertisement

Thanks Johnny for the call this morning,

I will monitor the few tips that you have provided and also exchange the Central and East US+ Canada map to full US map during the leather casing collection.

Supercharged

Dear all mycarforum members,

Thank you for all your kind feedback and review in our GPS here. Being a service committed company to our user, we will maximise our service support level and bring more value-added services to all our users.

Price is the minimal value we could provide to our customers but however we seek all your understanding and trust in paying cheaper price without down-grading on the quality of hardware and missing out any of our premium value-added services to all our customers.

As a true commitment in servicing our customers, Maka GPS Technologies adopted our own system in managing and release map update jointly with Mapking or our overseas map partner

Neutral Newbie

Oops, I can't recall at the moment. I went down to Landmark mall (their Sim Lim Square equivalent) and saw the banner along the lamp posts. Also, the uncle at the Landmark mall's food court (basement) mentioned that it is worth going.

I suppose if you drive along that stretch of road, you should be able to see it; I may be going JB again this weekend, will keep you posted if I go in.

IT show location?

Thanks

I have picked up the M660+ today and try out on my way home today.

below are my thoughts, and since it's my first time using, not sure if it's Marbella's SW design or it's Map SW design for some of the problem.

1) Charging on my desktop charger...read that it have to be in the menu showing navigation icon for the unit to be charged, does that means the unit cannot be charge when it's in the OFF mode?

I try charging in the OFF mode, but the battery will goes flat very soon, (eg charging for the whole night, the next day, even though I never use it, the battery will goes flat at night) I have not try charging at the menu screen, will try again later

2) Touch Screen sensitivity is poor..I can't seems to type the character properly and also the backspace button is so small..cannot point at the exact location of the words to edit and have to backspace all the way.

3) Do i need to be at home in order to set HOME ? same for office? and only 1 slot for HOME or OFFICE? Icon is also very limited and doesn't means much sense. Can't find a good icon for Family nor WORK.

4) Command was confusing or sometime late, was at CTE near AMK ave 3, was told to keep left for exit but the map is actually showing that I should exit Ave 5. (which is next exit). normally, I would have exit Ave5 to go home too.

5) After taking the exit at Ave 3, was told to turn Right and Turn right again (virtually making a U turn back into CTE heading to City)

dunno why.

6) How to go back to Mapking after going to winCE mode? cannot find option in this Chinese WinCE OS..

Can anyone comment?

do keep us update when the leather case is ready.

also, where to I provide update for the SLA map ?

i think it's really outdated despite me using the June 2010 update.....there's no more MAC and Long John Silver at Hougang Green since 2 years ago!

(edited)

Hmmm...we also recently got a 550+ Deluxe (together with a reverse cam)...

Besides the "laggy" touchscreen (must hold my finger there for a while before), another thing I find strange is the time taken to get a satellite fix...

My mobile phone (HTC HD2) could fix my position in 10 seconds or less but it took the 550+ nearly 2 minutes to do the same?

Is there something wrong with my set?

Edited by Xtrocious

Today my wife & I plan to go to Tesco Bukit Indah. Since this is the first time we are going there, I thought i can put my M660+ to good use. At first I try searching the word Tesco but there isn't any Tesco @ bukit Indah. Never mind, I try keying in Bukit Indah, same thing no result. No choice , I called the 24HRS SERVICE SUPPORT, yes, the guy try to help but still can get the location. That was 10:30am. The guy told me he has to check for me & will call me once he knows the problem. :angry:

I waited for an hour. No reply. What the heck, I just have to rely on myself. We went to JB & ask around the way to Tesco @ Bukit Indah. My wife was saying what is the use of the GPS if we have to ask for direction. Finally after all the wrong turns, we manage to get to Tesco.

I just reach home but can't help feeling frustrated with the service of Maka GPS Technologies. When I was planning to get a GPS on the last IT fair, I got myself a Marbella because the salesman told me they have a 24 HRS SERVICE SUPPORT. This is a very good reason for me to get the Marbella GPS.

What is the point of 24HRS SERVICE SUPPORT when we can't get the support we need. And the operator(yes, I will call them as operator because they will just answer call but not solve the problem) does not have the basic courtesy to call back to say " sorry Mr, we can't solve your problem". As least I'm happy that someone told me I bought a lemon.

To Mr. Johnny Huang, please do not say sorry to me because I know that sorry is dirt cheap & when you don't mean it.

Lelong lelong selling one lemon Marbella 660+ GPS. I will pay you S$50 to take over. (Joking lah)

I have the same problem as you when I tried going to Bukit Indah, simply the map in Marbella did not put Tesco or Jusco. It was not updated. I also wrote and feedback to them and that was like a couple of months ago.

Then again, I was using SLA maps but by recommendation, when you are in Malaysia, they advise to switch to Malsingmaps map. I have not tried so far, maybe you can switch it when you are there again.

I have the same problem as you when I tried going to Bukit Indah, simply the map in Marbella did not put Tesco or Jusco. It was not updated. I also wrote and feedback to them and that was like a couple of months ago.

Then again, I was using SLA maps but by recommendation, when you are in Malaysia, they advise to switch to Malsingmaps map. I have not tried so far, maybe you can switch it when you are there again.

yes, I was told to switch to Malsingmaps by the operator [whip]

Neutral Newbie

Dear mycarforum member Benjamin0000,

We are sorry to hear that. Indeed, we have received your call at 10:20am this morning and our colleague attended to you. As it's a Malaysian address and we were not able to locate it locally. We immediately contacted our tech support team in Malaysia and seek their help as our colleague could not find a simliar matching data as per your conversation.

We passed your contact details to our Malaysian tech team and they promised they would assist us to find the solution for our customers and our colleague passed your contact number over. We believe he would be the best person to help out as his house is only 200Ms from the new Tesco in Bukit Indah.

Today is the first day of their PC Fair and we overlooked at this matter, we deeply and sincerely apologise for not returning your call. Since the damage has been done and we just wish to send our sincerely apologies to you and we will be more careful and do a follow up with our customers even we have passed it over to our Malaysian team.

Hope our reply is not too late and in any event that we could compensate to our mistake. Please do not feel hesitate to let us know.

Tesco Bukit Indah has not been input yet and we will surely include this in the Sep 2010 SLA Mapking map update. Meanwhile, please kindly enter the neigbour shopping mall - Jusco under Malsing PEN Malaysia Maps > POI > Johor > POI > Keyword > Jusco and you will find lots of POI (Point of Interests) in Jusco Bukit Indah.

Once again, we are sorry and we are really doing our best to attend all our customers here. We know there is alot of improvement can be done, but again, we are truely sorry for our mistake.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Group

Today my wife & I plan to go to Tesco Bukit Indah. Since this is the first time we are going there, I thought i can put my M660+ to good use. At first I try searching the word Tesco but there isn't any Tesco @ bukit Indah. Never mind, I try keying in Bukit Indah, same thing no result. No choice , I called the 24HRS SERVICE SUPPORT, yes, the guy try to help but still can get the location. That was 10:30am. The guy told me he has to check for me & will call me once he knows the problem. :angry:

I waited for an hour. No reply. What the heck, I just have to rely on myself. We went to JB & ask around the way to Tesco @ Bukit Indah. My wife was saying what is the use of the GPS if we have to ask for direction. Finally after all the wrong turns, we manage to get to Tesco.

I just reach home but can't help feeling frustrated with the service of Maka GPS Technologies. When I was planning to get a GPS on the last IT fair, I got myself a Marbella because the salesman told me they have a 24 HRS SERVICE SUPPORT. This is a very good reason for me to get the Marbella GPS.

What is the point of 24HRS SERVICE SUPPORT when we can't get the support we need. And the operator(yes, I will call them as operator because they will just answer call but not solve the problem) does not have the basic courtesy to call back to say " sorry Mr, we can't solve your problem". As least I'm happy that someone told me I bought a lemon.

To Mr. Johnny Huang, please do not say sorry to me because I know that sorry is dirt cheap & when you don't mean it.

Lelong lelong selling one lemon Marbella 660+ GPS. I will pay you S$50 to take over. (Joking lah)

Both Tesco Bukit Indah and GIANT Taman Nusa Bestari are found in the latest Malfreemap. Sorry to hear about the problems you guys faced. I always advocated that cheap should never be the deciding factor when deciding which GPS device to buy. Map support is. But having map support alone is also not good enough. You need very good map which is very detailed and up-to-date. In this respect, nothing beats Malsingmaps and Malfreemaps; both of which provide free third party maps of Sg/My/Bru for Garmin. devices. To bro "Jamstart", SLA map is not a standalone map! It is just SLA data of postal codes and addresses of Singapore and is like an overlay to be used on another map in order to view the data. I believe the SLA data are merged with the Marbella's propietry map.

post-5608-1278071469_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Thank you for replying.

Anyway, you reply is just an excuse for your company. As usual, a standard company's template on replying to a complain customer.

As you are saying about compensation, why not you tell me HOW your company can compensate me & not me who is suggesting the compensation. Btw, I don't think you can compensate for my time.

Let everyone on the forum know how your company going to handle unhappy customer. Maybe it will help your company's image.

and from your reply, it seems that Maka GPS Technologies are more interested in getting new customers than servicing existing customers. (eg IT fair is more important than replying to my queries)

Dear mycarforum member Benjamin0000,

We are sorry to hear that. Indeed, we have received your call at 10:20am this morning and our colleague attended to you. As it's a Malaysian address and we were not able to locate it locally. We immediately contacted our tech support team in Malaysia and seek their help as our colleague could not find a simliar matching data as per your conversation.

We passed your contact details to our Malaysian tech team and they promised they would assist us to find the solution for our customers and our colleague passed your contact number over. We believe he would be the best person to help out as his house is only 200Ms from the new Tesco in Bukit Indah.

Today is the first day of their PC Fair and we overlooked at this matter, we deeply and sincerely apologise for not returning your call. Since the damage has been done and we just wish to send our sincerely apologies to you and we will be more careful and do a follow up with our customers even we have passed it over to our Malaysian team.

Hope our reply is not too late and in any event that we could compensate to our mistake. Please do not feel hesitate to let us know.

Tesco Bukit Indah has not been input yet and we will surely include this in the Sep 2010 SLA Mapking map update. Meanwhile, please kindly enter the neigbour shopping mall - Jusco under Malsing PEN Malaysia Maps > POI > Johor > POI > Keyword > Jusco and you will find lots of POI (Point of Interests) in Jusco Bukit Indah.

Once again, we are sorry and we are really doing our best to attend all our customers here. We know there is alot of improvement can be done, but again, we are truely sorry for our mistake.

Thank you

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Group

Edited by Benjamin00000
↡ Advertisement