Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

thks for the info. like redstorm, started in the gps thingy some time ago. i need bluetooth to pair with my phone as need to call often on the road.

↡ Advertisement

One thing bad about Marbella function is, u can't add via point that easily just like garmin.

yours is m660? it is a good gps for starter. nowadays, almost all current gps have junction view. i'm getting another gps too to have junction view, bluetooth and tts. ^_^

Neutral Newbie

One thing bad about Marbella function is, u can't add via point that easily just like garmin.

Hi, do u mean that it cannot add P.O.I into the gps set (Marbella) as compare to garmin gps?

Kindly advice as I interested towards Marbella...

Neutral Newbie

I have bought Marbella M550 Deluxe in April 2010 just before my overseas trip as they loan free maps. The car charger was spoilt when I used it the 2nd day when I was overseas ! In the end, I have to go around to search for a new charger and it wasn't easy to find one with the same port in overseas. Besides that, 4 months later, the whole screen went blank ! I am very disappointed with their product and after sending in for servicing, they didn't get back to me till I called them 2 months later.

erm... where can I buy M880 slim deluxe and how much does it cost now? I went to www.makagps.com (as shown on their flyer), which was broken... correct link shld be www.makagps.com.sg.... emailed them, but their mailbox is full... =/ are they now bz processing the orders from comex? lol... do i have to call them up to ask? tsk tsk...

I just got a M880 during the SITEX.

Usage wise is fine so far but I am having problem saving the Favorites and saving the Home and Office setting.

Cause every time when I switch on the GPS, all these settings go missing.

Is there something wrong with my set or did I missed something when trying to save the Home, Office and Favorites ?

Edited by Stephenongkb

Got a marbella 880 Slim Deluxe for $199 at recent sitex show. Still finding it difficult to store location in favourite. Also the bluetooth for phone not so good to the person receiving the call. Other than that, the set is ok. Used it to drive to midvalley and to jb.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Bros,

I am considering to install a GPS, (Garmin / Holux) but I really dislike having wires hanging all about. May I ask if any of the bros has a tactical method to conceal the wiring within your car dashboard?

1) Otherwise, are all GPS models now comes with portable battery ? Meaning each use must be fully charged?

Kindly seek your advise,

Dear Bros,

I am considering to install a GPS, (Garmin / Holux) but I really dislike having wires hanging all about. May I ask if any of the bros has a tactical method to conceal the wiring within your car dashboard?

1) Otherwise, are all GPS models now comes with portable battery ? Meaning each use must be fully charged?

Kindly seek your advise,

Why install? Portable can keep when you sell your car. If you dont want cable around, fully charge the unit before use. But battery will last about 1+ hr.

Dear Bros,

Kindly seek your advise,

perhaps this link would help:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...750661&hl=*

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the advise.

I have made my decision to go for portable battery charging. Despite agreeing with Bro Dumb in the modifications/installations.

I was impressed with the installation link previously, but the end product still leaves a singular wire behind. Yes, I do blame my car manufacturer for not including a built in GPS Navigation screen.

Nevertheless, its really good info here.

Thanks~

Neutral Newbie

When purchasing a GPS i feel after sales support is an important factor to take into consideration too.

Thus i would like to share my experience.

I own a Morbella bought during the IT show. It functioned well even when i was driving to Malaysia.

Until recently it failed - After of which i was told to repair it would not only cost a significant amount, but the repair time was 1 whole month because they do not have a service center in Singapore and the set had to be shipped to Taiwan.

Meaning - i had to be without a GPS for a month and thus the customer service pushed me to purchase a new one instead.

Just my 2 cents to bros who consider immediate servicing an important factor for ur GPS. ^_^

Neutral Newbie

Dear valued mycarforum member Avvee,

Thank you for your valued feedback and we deeply appreciated your feedback to improve ourselves further.

Our warranty policy is one to one exchange within the warranty period, if there is any damage due to manufacturer defect, it is our service policy to provide an one to one replacement for our Marbella customer. We have been practicing that and therefore we hope we could find out more about your case.

Please kindly PM us your contact number, Marbella model number or serial number via PM and we will contact you shortly.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

The Support Team

Maka GPS Technologies Group

Neutral Newbie

To Maka Support Team,

Have enjoy using the M660 purchase .. To better enhance your products, there are some useful features which are already use on holux GPS but missing on Marbella . Hope you will seriously consider to use on Marbella GPS.

post-34349-1293442544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ptc77

Neutral Newbie

My experiences with Marbella M880 is not a so good ...

1) GPS takes so long to lock on .... sometimes up to 15 minutes ... i could reach destination most of the time ... prior to the navigation

2) the GPS connection is erratic ... the signal goes missing and searching .... i missed few junctions .... and got pissed

3) the next road name is truncated due to long names .... can't u get it to scroll at least ..

4) battery life sucks big time ...

5) support email is not responded ..