Is Marbella GPS good?

Josho

Just wondering if anyone is using this GPS system.

I intend to get a Garmin 255W as recommended by one of the poster here till my friend show me his Marbella GPS. Locking is fast, seem easy to use and using MapKing map.

Therefore, just want to hear some review if anyone using Marbella.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks man!

Is Garmin 255W more than enough? Or higher model will be even better? thanks!

Supersonic

Go Garmin if you want worldwide map support.

I use a old 350 and still using today. :D

255W is good enough.

(edited)

i used to have a 765(costed abot $600 than) i think or something, after one week i changed to holux.

am not sure abt now but 3 years ago the singapre map from germin was not comprehesive. some places i canot find by block, so to me if the gps can only lead me to the street and i have to find the block myself, than why get a gps system?

another time i used to to navigate to funan, I was right infront of funan but it lead me to go one round to the back of funan building?! I was right infront of the front building's carpark....

so one week later i went back to the shop and changed to Holux($399). No problem since. Once it even lead me to a place by going through carpark which i found it to be shorter, impressed.

only problem is holux only use in sing and malaysia, be true to yrself howmany of us really need it for other countries?

lastly holux's screen is not as bright as garmin in bright day light.

if i were to buy again, Holux! unlrss now germin uses SLA map and can be search by blk. than garmin for its added bright screen.

if u us it in sing, than live traffic feed by holux can be atravtive too.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Does Garmin include Malaysia map as well?

I was looking at Holux the other day, but looking so much on the information, a lot of ppl suggest me to get Garmin instead.

Right now, Garmin do have information on the POI and Blk to locate the place?

BTW, where of for Garmin can I get the latest map?

I know for POI can get from Malsingmaps, but do they provide the map as well?

Thanks, again.

Appreciate for so much input.

Supersonic

Garmin, you can get free maps from malfreemaps and malsingmaps.

A map is only as good as the mappers.

The above 2 sites has probably surpassed the "official" Garmin maps of SG and MY in many areas.

Even Garmin now has joint released maps with malsingmaps.

Garmin, you can get free maps from malfreemaps and malsingmaps.

A map is only as good as the mappers.

The above 2 sites has probably surpassed the "official" Garmin maps of SG and MY in many areas.

Even Garmin now has joint released maps with malsingmaps.

Thanks Kb27.

Appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone is using this GPS system.

I intend to get a Garmin 255W as recommended by one of the poster here till my friend show me his Marbella GPS. Locking is fast, seem easy to use and using MapKing map.

Therefore, just want to hear some review if anyone using Marbella.

Thanks.

Wah bro Josho, judging from the camera picture in your profile, if I remember correctly, I have seen you in Clubsnap. Hahaha...... Ok, you want a PND, like what many recommended, you can't go wrong with a Garmin. Garmin is the only brand that you can find third party maps of this region and many parts of the world too. There are Malsingmaps (MFM)and Malfreemaps (MFM) providing free My/Sg/Bru and even Southern Thailand (for Malfreemaps). You have Navigasi for Indonesia and other countries too. Some of their maps are even better than Garmin's official map cos they (MSM and MFM) are updated every Monday compared to quarterly for Garmin maps (gotta pay). Get a localised Garmin 255W which is good enough. If you have any problem with MSM maps, look for me in www.malsingmaps.com . Cheers!

I bought the Marbella 550+ deluxe during the March IT show. Used it only for 1 time to test it out. Routing is fast, and there's junction view. Can search by postal code as well. Only drawback is that you can't adjust the volume in Navigation mode.

However, the GPS unit is always kept inside my dashboard cos I'm familiar with most of the roads in Singapore. So seldom got chance to use.

Neutral Newbie

I bought the Marbella 550+ deluxe during the March IT show. Used it only for 1 time to test it out. Routing is fast, and there's junction view. Can search by postal code as well. Only drawback is that you can't adjust the volume in Navigation mode.

However, the GPS unit is always kept inside my dashboard cos I'm familiar with most of the roads in Singapore. So seldom got chance to use.

I'm also using this GPS. But I'm pretty sure the volume can be adjusted. I've muted mine liao....

I'm also using this GPS. But I'm pretty sure the volume can be adjusted. I've muted mine liao....

I called the maka gps office before. They said its either mute or their pre-defined volume in navigation mode.

HOLUX

good support

good maps

multi language including local dialects

can adjust light

can adjust volume

portable

HOLUX

good support

good maps

multi language including local dialects

can adjust light

can adjust volume

portable

which model?

Supercharged

I have a "Way Way" GPS which is using papago system. 4.3" with junction view only $199 (Challenger). Locking is rather fast (i used garmin 205W) and user interface is prety good too. Comes wuth pre-loaded Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand & Brunei maps.

Its much cheaper than garmin and i definitely would not hesitate to recommend.

We tend to follow trend, no doubt garmin is good but in time, competition is always able to catch up and often cheaper due to being "unbranded". But ppl just continue to buy the so-called "market leader" and sometimes dats wat makes new entrants harder to break the market - not cos their products are inferior but due to consumer mindset.

In this case, my "Way Way" GPS is $199, the equivalent Garmin 255W is about $280. Dats like 40% more expensive.

↡ Advertisement