Petrol Discount, Share Share Kang Tao!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Guys,

Its been a tough year and petrol are sibeh expensive nowadays.

As we all knows, different petrol company got different discounts with the usage of different cards.

Share whatever kang tao you have please?!

Esso/Mobil

5% petrol discount onsite, additional 5% more using normal citibank credit card. Total 10% discount.

Additional 4.5% on petrol at Esso with Citi Dividend Card. Total 14.5%

Caltex

5% petrol discount onsite, additional 7% more if show Safra Card. Total 12% discount.

If you Citi Dividend Card you will get 5% Rebate more on the total bill!!

Total is about 16.4% discount.

Edited by Sianzationzz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually this discount thing have been on for years, why can't the petrol companies just sell at nett price and that's it. They are making our lives so stressful.

Hypersonic

spc u card + everyday posb cc = 15% + $2 discount coupon + 2% rebate if you use it

This offer up til when? LAst month I pump, voucher says up to 31st May, so is the 15%.. Is it still on for June?

(edited)

This offer up til when? LAst month I pump, voucher says up to 31st May, so is the 15%.. Is it still on for June?

i am not sure till when but i just pump yesterday but they still give the 15% + $2 voucher

Edited by Kerwen

yes, it extends till end of june... btw the rebates shld be 3% instead of 2%...

I think it's pointless to say what percentage discount etc etc as percentages (in primary school math) do not add up directly.

I pump $80 at SPC; I get

$4 discount ($2 for every $40)

Some other discount percentage on the SPC card (I exceed $500 every month on petrol) and POSB everyday card

still got some cash rebate on POSB card

IN the end I paid $62.something for petrol, on the spot, at the cashier.

That means I got easily 21 - 22% at SPC upfront. On the spot, at the cashier.

Don't have to accumulate points that go overdue or stupid cheques for dividends.

The thing about the SPC card -- it's not those pointless (pun intended) point system where you have stray points which you can't redeem s--t. And you can get sup cards for it; so everyone gets max discount (if sum of petrol bills for previous month sums above $500).

And the citibank dividend card; I have that too; but the stupid dividends only come every few months. I'd rather get upfront discount.