"Acting doesn't earn much!"

Benarsenal

Mediacorp is known to pay very little for less than popular artiste. They pay a lot more for popular artistes. Can be a few times more in basic pay for popular artistes even if they appear as often on tv screens as some less popular artistes. This explains why the Top 10 most popular artiste award is so important to the artistes. Heard getting into top 10 popular list will get the artiste substantial pay rise. Another way they could get more is to be critically acclaimed. Artises that had won best actor/actress, best supporting actor/actress would get paid more even if they dun get into the Top 10 popular list. So for those that dun get into Top 10 and also don't win any acting award would be paid peanuts. [laugh]

Got a fried used to worked at Jurong Reptile Park. He said Mediacorp always borrow reptiles from them and expect it to be free of charge. Damn kiam siap... No wonder close down liao...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Mediacorp is known to pay very little for less than popular artiste. They pay a lot more for popular artistes. Can be a few times more in basic pay for popular artistes even if they appear as often on tv screens as some less popular artistes. This explains why the Top 10 most popular artiste award is so important to the artistes. Heard getting into top 10 popular list will get the artiste substantial pay rise. Another way they could get more is to be critically acclaimed. Artises that had won best actor/actress, best supporting actor/actress would get paid more even if they dun get into the Top 10 popular list. So for those that dun get into Top 10 and also don't win any acting award would be paid peanuts. [laugh]

Even for Top artiste they dont neccessary pay a lot.

I heard that Evelyn Tan (when at her peak) she was still holding peanut (not the NKF type of golden peanut hor), that's why she jump ship the moment Channel U came out.

Edited by Joseph22

Does anyone know how much is the 'peanut' or the nothing much tat artiste mentioned?

Salary expectation varies with diff pple... She cld b drawing 4-5k a mth bt still consider not earning much.. Bt to others is alot lor...

peace.. jz my 2cts...

Got a fried used to worked at Jurong Reptile Park. He said Mediacorp always borrow reptiles from them and expect it to be free of charge. Damn kiam siap... No wonder close down liao...

closed down one is mediaworks, not mediacorp.

dun think their pay is low, maybe they comparing themselves to hongkong artiste standard lah.

Does anyone know how much is the 'peanut' or the nothing much tat artiste mentioned?

Salary expectation varies with diff pple... She cld b drawing 4-5k a mth bt still consider not earning much.. Bt to others is alot lor...

peace.. jz my 2cts...

No idea how much are the full time artistes paid, but i do know how much part time artistes are paid. really smaller than a peanut!!! you can work the whole day and get only $30.... then again.. that's 'coz i was the lowest grade part timer.. haha.. the higher the grade, the more you get. But even then, it's still peanuts... J-team is even worse than mediacorp can you imagine!!? [rifle]

dun think their pay is low, maybe they comparing themselves to hongkong artiste standard lah.

think he was referring to reptile park being closed down instead?

it depend how much is alot....

last time when i doing PT filming crew..0 experience in 2001 poly boy,my pay is already 1.5k not bad liaoz

those freelance host select from audit,they are paid 500 for a day..that program we shoot is 60days schedule..so 60 days around 30k liaoz lor...

Turbocharged

I think if you include all the endorsement and invitiation to host event, their pay will be high.

Maybe they are just refering to their basic salary from Mediacorps.

Supercharged

pay is low, but after endorsement is not low i believe.

the thing is that, how can they not attribute the endorsement income to their main job of actress. is not like any company will have asked them to endorse products if they are not actresses.

is a bit like our ministers, keep complaining their pay low given their level of qualification and peers earning. don't forget by becoming minister and with their type of network, many companies want to bring them in as non-executive director and hence they earn additional sideline income in the form of director fees.

wah so u were part time actor before haha......

i was once a ca-le-fare before hehe

were you part time or ca-le-fare? think there's a difference. and how around how much did they pay?

worst is they no calefare ask me go n help

come out in last time Mobiletv in bus,friends came asked me why i inside tv..lol

but beri shiok ,everytime went to places where hard for public to access..quite fun though..

i watched free concerts foc b4 also [laugh]

i know calefare rate v jiak lak one....

Supercharged

ca-le-fare is subcontract on hourly basis......i know the difference.

i think it was quite miserable rate........should be around 4.5 dollars per hour...

to think that as uni undergrad then, my temping rate would be around $6.5 per hour. it was not for the money, mroe for the chance to see the studios and filiming......after 2 sessions, i never tried any more because the money simply too low haha

Supercharged

wa haha...so you mcf best actor haha

yeah very jia lat rate is much worse than my temp job rate i could fetch back then as uni undergrad

same lor, i think i join just to look at how filming works and the studios hehe.

↡ Advertisement