Durian farm

Fisbike

Neutral Newbie

Hi Opel. Thank for organizing the trip. My family had great fun and truly enjoy the trip.

Some photos for sharing.

IMG_0320.jpg

Bumpy road in. The painful part is on the way out when your stomach is filled with durian.

IMG_0326.jpg

Another look at the road in.

IMG_0336.jpg

Champion Plantation. Organic hoh!!

IMG_0338.jpg

The tree that Opel mentioned that I "bought"!

IMG_0344.jpg

Forgot which branded durian liao but confirm taste good!!

IMG_0347_1.jpg

Rambutans loh. Very sweet and crunchy

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Owner showing off his award winning Red Prawn. This durian is from a 20 years old Red Prawn tree. The older the tree the red-er it gets.

IMG_0359.jpg

Jiabili. Heard it is unique to this plantation only.

IMG_0361.jpg

Infor on Jaibili

IMG_0365.jpg

Raja Kunyit (Mother breed of MSW).

IMG_0366.jpg

Another look @ Raja Kunyit (Mother breed of MSW)

IMG_0369.jpg

One of my take away. The above is ~2.1Kg Raja Kunyit

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Bro Enzo, I'm quite keen on the 18th (sadly 11th is out, I will eat till pengsan, and cannot wake up for WC FINALS!!! - oh, and I also have a big presentation the next day, haha). Is it a day trip and what time are you usually able to make it back? 19th I start my ICT, so I can afford to become completely befuddled the next day. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

It is a day trip, we will most probably be back ard 3-4pm if everything goes smoothly. For the date, I will not confirm as I intend to get a date where most people will be able to make it. Can I check how many is coming on ur side and if u guys intend to takeaway any? I will get the plantation to prepare in advance so that everyone have enough for buffet and takeaway like the last trip. [laugh]

Bro Enzo, I'm quite keen on the 18th (sadly 11th is out, I will eat till pengsan, and cannot wake up for WC FINALS!!! - oh, and I also have a big presentation the next day, haha). Is it a day trip and what time are you usually able to make it back? 19th I start my ICT, so I can afford to become completely befuddled the next day. [laugh]

I can understand how you feel, torn between the love for durians and football [bigcry]

Dear all, I have contacted the plantation and it appears that there won't be durians for next Sunday. The confirm date will then be 11/07/2010 this Sunday. Please reconfirm your attendance and schedule.

Thanks

Dear all, I have contacted the plantation and it appears that there won't be durians for next Sunday. The confirm date will then be 11/07/2010 this Sunday. Please reconfirm your attendance and schedule.

Thanks

For all durian lovers, delay no further, becos the durian season is unpredictable. Even the farm that we went had indicated "end of season very very soon".

Wish those going 11/7/2010 have a fruitful trip :wub:

Are there anymore durians now in Johor?? Anyone can recommend some nearby farms with MSW?? Thanks.

============

I buy from those roadside sellers who get their supply from the local farms & still have.

I just bought D24 on Thu & still very good & cheap. [thumbsup]

Other times I bought the Kampong type & some others I cant remember. Also very good.

============

I buy from those roadside sellers who get their supply from the local farms & still have.

I just bought D24 on Thu & still very good & cheap. [thumbsup]

Other times I bought the Kampong type & some others I cant remember. Also very good.

Any particular roads or place? Me not very familar up north. Many Thanks!

Any particular roads or place? Me not very familar up north. Many Thanks!

============

I usually do grocery shopping at Southern City Mall & there is a seller at the entrance to the shopp cntr which gives me good prices & quality too. Another bigger stall at the end where the taxis Q for passengers.

I just bought 4 pkts of D24 durian at RM10(S$4). I usually spend abt RM20 per visit. Normal is 3 pkts but he give me extra cos I regular. [thumbsup]

U can also drive further north & wil see many stalls along the roadside. Just stop & check them out. No obligation. If u think not good, move on. B careful of their weighing scales though. Many r not "accurate" if u know what I mean [sly] so u have to agar agar the weight yourself.

↡ Advertisement