Durian farm

Fisbike

Nick / No. of pax / Estimated Take away Amount (in kg)

1. darren_tyl / 2 adult, 1 child 26 months / 20-30kg

2. wizzercool /4 adults /10kg

↡ Advertisement

Do inform me in advance if u r going so I can get an estimated no. of attendees. This is to allow me to inform the plantation in advance to prepare enough fruits to cater to all of us.

If u intend to ta bao back, pls give an estimated amount (in kg) as well, this is requested by the plantation to prevent under/overestimating the amount they bring over to the makan site. Depending on size, 10kg is around 6-7 durians.

For ta bao, u may bring containers for the fruit but I would suggest u take the fruit in whole back as placing in containers will result in watery durians. The plantation will provide paper bags.

As the current group is quite big, I will only open up 5 slots here for now. First come first serve.

Nick / No. of pax / Estimated Take away Amount (in kg)

1. darren_tyl / 2 adult, 1 child 26 months / 20-30kg

2. wizzercool /4 adults /10kg

Neutral Newbie

not trying to pour cold water but if the group is too big, the plantation owner wouldn't bother to offer better durians....being to one such trip and came back with bad experience. we have about 15cars in all. in the end, lots of durians on the table yes...but all can't make it. i eat at most two or three small ones? what suck is they kept the good ones until almost at the end and only when one group commented loudly that they took some damage control by slowly bring out the slighty better one. What suck is there was a couple which, i believe from the same plantation people, did "sideline" in the plantation carpark area by selling you with baskets of durians kept in the lorry. now i think twice in such trips as it is also quite stressful having to "fight" with so many hungry eaters. i find it is better off buying from roadside, at least you have a choice of better durians. but i do have very good experience with one plantation trip donkey years ago. but maybe becasue the shareholder was part of a small convoy..ha

Note: just sharing my bad experience on this bad sheep..i stress not all are like that or else their business long gone as durian lovers are very sharp to pick up fakers......

not trying to pour cold water but if the group is too big, the plantation owner wouldn't bother to offer better durians....being to one such trip and came back with bad experience. we have about 15cars in all. in the end, lots of durians on the table yes...but all can't make it. i eat at most two or three small ones? what suck is they kept the good ones until almost at the end and only when one group commented loudly that they took some damage control by slowly bring out the slighty better one. What suck is there was a couple which, i believe from the same plantation people, did "sideline" in the plantation carpark area by selling you with baskets of durians kept in the lorry. now i think twice in such trips as it is also quite stressful having to "fight" with so many hungry eaters. i find it is better off buying from roadside, at least you have a choice of better durians. but i do have very good experience with one plantation trip donkey years ago. but maybe becasue the shareholder was part of a small convoy..ha

Note: just sharing my bad experience on this bad sheep..i stress not all are like that or else their business long gone as durian lovers are very sharp to pick up fakers......

I have been to this plantation last season, the quality were acceptable and considering that we were there with other big groups on the same day. There wun be sideline here as the plantation will be selling durians directly to us for take-aways.

To fight for food durian buffet is quite normal, of course to properly queue up for ur share would need everyone's co-ordination.

This time I hope by co-ordinating with the plantation.. they can darely bring out the fruits without worrying about overestimating the demand only to bring back again after we end the visit.

Yes, indeed there's plenty at the roadside. But this trip isnt just about durians. Its actually my team's anniversary trip and I opened up a few slots due to the numerous interests show by fellow forumers here. Its going to be family trip for everyone, enjoy the convoy, enjoy the fruits. [thumbsup]

how many cars intotal will be going huh? i'm a malaysia noob..scare will get lost inside. lolx

I'm keeping it ard 20. Its hard to get lost here as there will be no traffic lights at all. Its all the way from NSHW, with a bit of town route. There will be specific convoy markers and back marker who will co-ordinate with me and ensure everyone is within the convoy. The back marker will always be the last car. I would recommend walkies if u guys has it, if not try to borrow to facilitate communication. Further details will be given during briefing on the day itself.

(edited)

I share your views. I have been to durian plantations in Segamat and what was served to us were not the top grade durians, the cat-mountain king were not up to scratch, the D24 somehow could not be compared to those you get in Singapore. My conclusion, the owners keep the best for export and sell the inferior stuff buffet style to plantation visitors. These days, I stop at the roadside and/or fruit market where I have more options, just move on to next stall when the standard of the durian being served starts to drop. Buy and eat on the spot and you are likely to be presented with the best durians they have in store. Anyway, for those who have never been to a durian plantation, it is a good experience you should not missed. But I would recommend the eat-and-pay over the buffet option and to tabao at roadside stalls.

Btw, I heard the best Segamat/Tangkak durians will only be out in late June or July, slightly later than last year.

Edited by Voodooman

Neutral Newbie

I have been to this plantation last season, the quality were acceptable and considering that we were there with other big groups on the same day. There wun be sideline here as the plantation will be selling durians directly to us for take-aways.

To fight for food durian buffet is quite normal, of course to properly queue up for ur share would need everyone's co-ordination.

This time I hope by co-ordinating with the plantation.. they can darely bring out the fruits without worrying about overestimating the demand only to bring back again after we end the visit.

Yes, indeed there's plenty at the roadside. But this trip isnt just about durians. Its actually my team's anniversary trip and I opened up a few slots due to the numerous interests show by fellow forumers here. Its going to be family trip for everyone, enjoy the convoy, enjoy the fruits. [thumbsup]

Hi I am very interested. can PM me details? Thks.

Turbocharged

if we r not going in convoy...or nvr organise any grp trip there...will we stil b able to enjoy the buffet? is the plantation open all the way or only if there's advance booking? cos i tot if this grp is too big n wif no more slots...mayb bro enzomatrix can jus give others the directions n we can go the by ourselves.

I share your views. I have been to durian plantations in Segamat and what was served to us were not the top grade durians, the cat-mountain king were not up to scratch, the D24 somehow could not be compared to those you get in Singapore. My conclusion, the owners keep the best for export and sell the inferior stuff buffet style to plantation visitors. These days, I stop at the roadside and/or fruit market where I have more options, just move on to next stall when the standard of the durian being served starts to drop. Buy and eat on the spot and you are likely to be presented with the best durians they have in store. Anyway, for those who have never been to a durian plantation, it is a good experience you should not missed. But I would recommend the eat-and-pay over the buffet option and to tabao at roadside stalls.

Btw, I heard the best Segamat/Tangkak durians will only be out in late June or July, slightly later than last year.

Lemmi see after I return from this trip if the plantation matches ur description [laugh]

(edited)

Great, we are all here to share our experience, good and bad. If it is really good, do PM me on the location of the durian farm and its contact details. Eating durians at the durian plantation, seeing durians still hanging on the the branches, not to mention the house fly thingy is an experience we should not missed [laugh] , it is a definitely a better "shopping experience" than roadside haggling with stallowners eyeing your SG plated cars and thinking... BEST client of the day!

Edited by Voodooman

Neutral Newbie

I have pmed u the details.

All other pms replied [laugh]

can pm the details? will they entertain if i just go there with my family? thanks

if we r not going in convoy...or nvr organise any grp trip there...will we stil b able to enjoy the buffet? is the plantation open all the way or only if there's advance booking? cos i tot if this grp is too big n wif no more slots...mayb bro enzomatrix can jus give others the directions n we can go the by ourselves.

It's always good to give the plantation owner a call in advance informing him abt ur arrival date n time, even if you are not going there in a group. It ain't nice to keep pple waiting there with alot of flies [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement