Durian farm

Fisbike

wat is your definition of slow driving along NS highway? :D

Follow to the speed limits lor. [hope I dun appear as difficult [bigcry] ]

Save the kopi money for durians. :D

↡ Advertisement

Follow to the speed limits lor. [hope I dun appear as difficult [bigcry] ]

Save the kopi money for durians. :D

That's indeed a bit slow by NS highway standards..haha...I thot my avg sleep of 120-130km/h along the NS highway is already considered quite slow by most people.. [laugh]

The 5 participants that I have confirmed for the trip, please remember to bring/borrow a comms set and fill up white cards prior to the trip :)

That's indeed a bit slow by NS highway standards..haha...I thot my avg sleep of 120-130km/h along the NS highway is already considered quite slow by most people.. [laugh]

I know becos everybody had been talking on the forums about their NSH speeds [eg. 150, 180, 250 kmh. etc....].

How I wish I can catch up, but my car no power and my driving skills average only. [bigcry]

That why I refrain from joining the group drives, so dun slow down everybody.

Hypersonic

I know becos everybody had been talking on the forums about their NSH speeds [eg. 150, 180, 250 kmh. etc....].

How I wish I can catch up, but my car no power and my driving skills average only. [bigcry]

That why I refrain from joining the group drives, so dun slow down everybody.

You're not alone. I'm also a 110 kj/h on NSHW.

Neutral Newbie

I'm not a chiongster too...keep within 110 km/hr less stressful...and save on kopi money.

how much is the fee for adult and children? where is the plantation? when?

If OC agrees and time fits....will join.

I'm not a chiongster too...keep within 110 km/hr less stressful...and save on kopi money.

how much is the fee for adult and children? where is the plantation? when?

If OC agrees and time fits....will join.

According to the info provided, RM30/pax.

Date : 18/7/2010

* all other info to be advised later on.

* will get in touch again.

Cheers !!

Do note that try to keep within 120km/h as my malaysian fren has been telling me its very likely to encounter roadblocks along the way. Do not try to bribe the TP. :P

Neutral Newbie

Noted.

Cya on sunday!!

Do note that try to keep within 120km/h as my malaysian fren has been telling me its very likely to encounter roadblocks along the way. Do not try to bribe the TP. :P

Noted.

Cya on sunday!!

actually I was refering to opel [laugh] For us, we will be going slight faster due to the large convoy, if not we will end up hogging [:/]

see u on sun

actually I was refering to opel [laugh] For us, we will be going slight faster due to the large convoy, if not we will end up hogging [:/]

see u on sun

Noted, and thanks.

Enjoy and have fun with durians :wub:

bro this sunday u all going. in ur group anyone using gps. Can post the GPS coordinates when you all are back?

Happy fathers day to all and I hope u all enjoyed the buffet despite the hot weather. Thanks for the participation.

Those who has photos for the trip especially with regards to the incident, pls pm me thanks

You're not alone. I'm also a 110 kj/h on NSHW.

It's 'km/j' - as in kilometer per jam (jam means hour in Malay). :D

(edited)

Happy fathers day to all and I hope u all enjoyed the buffet despite the hot weather. Thanks for the participation.

Those who has photos for the trip especially with regards to the incident, pls pm me thanks

Got wat incident?

Edited by Fisbike

A big thanks to Enzomatrix for organizing the trip.

It was a very nice trip north, the weather was a bit hot but better than raining.

As for durian, I rated it average. There is no premium stuff like mao shan wang and ang-hea. Also no D24. What we got was the normal D13, D4, D101, D2. For RM 30 per pax, it is OK to me.

Someone in this thread has mentioned it and it is true that they brought the small and not so good durian while keeping the better ones in their truck. It happenned during this trip and I noticed it. They bought a lot of small (tiny size) durians to the buffet table [mad] . However I did not let them get away with it. I went to their truck and pick the durian that I want to eat and asked them to open it :D .

The takeaway durian was mainly D13 and priced is RM 7 per kg. Compared to SGD 7 per kg than I paid in Singapore, this a bargain. However if you want to travel 400+ km (from home and return) just to buy cheap durian, then you are better off to get from your neighbourhood durian stall.

Overall this trip was very fun. I enjoyed the driving on NSH, feasting on durians, walking in the durian farm and checking out the durian trees.

Everybody was driving so fast that I had hard time catching up. Here is what happenned. At Lima Kedai toll, I was stuck for about 15 minutes to top-up my TNG card. After that I lost track of the group. It took me 1 solid hour of speeding to catch up with Kelisa (supposely the slowest card in the convoy).

Aha, the incident, it has nothing to do with durian, so I will leave it out.

For GPS cordinates, I still trying to figure how to extract it from my GPS (Garmin 255W).

Pictures is coming in the next post, probably tomorrow.

↡ Advertisement