Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

(edited)

oh so is your own frequent workshop la. i tot other workshops offering $20. Nowadays gone are the $20 labour oil change.

You mech workshop business too good until no need to recommend. If you dont wish to recommend, than dont say the labour is $20 la.

We tot how come still got $20 workshop around.  [laugh]

Do some leg work, I dropped hint.

Back to topic, Totachi, any feedback??? POA base oil?

Edited by Hachi
↡ Advertisement

Anyone know where to buy Penrite 10 Tenths Racing 5W-39 oil 5 litres bottle? Any local workshop with reasonable price

Penrite not suppose to be in this thread since it is about cheap EO. :)

Anyways, they are around $145/5L for both 5w30 and 10w40 from a shop in Yishun.

If you are into boutique race oils, can try Moty's M110 at $125/5L or M111 at $187/5L. Sunoco Brill Racing 12.5w40 is also very nice (at Applied Performance). 

(edited)

Hi guys, I'm new here. Recommend a good oil for my Chevy Cruze. I would be grateful for any advice

read your owner's manual to find out what is the correct velocity oil your car is using. eg: 5w30 or 5w40.

after that you can start looking into brands of engine oil with the velocity that you need.

if still unsure, go to your regular workshop and check with them.

normally people use 5w40 engine oil for better protection and 5w30 for better mileage.

depends what your owner's manual recommend.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Chevy's rugged, NO issues with Cheap EO, Can run on cooking oils also -

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2648181-schnell-engine-oil-5w40/page-23?do=findComment&comment=6181386

Yes exactly.

A lot of people think engine oil need to come from crude oil dug up from the ground.

But the best oils comes from plant and animal fats.

:D

American-Series-Le-Mans-Racing.jpg

G-Oil, Made From Animal Fat, Becomes Official Oil for Le Mans Series

It is official folks. The environmentally friendly oil from Green Earth Technologies (GET) has become the official motor oil of the American Le Mans Series and International Motor Sports Association (IMSA). This is big news on the transportation front, as building public awareness and confidence in green products is most effective when the big players take an interest in the environment.The Deal of the Decade as far as Advancements in Green Motor Oil Goes

G-oil won't exactly be used in the race engines just yet, but the Le Mans Series has deemed the green oil more than substantial to lubricate and protect their safety trucks being used throughout the race season. The G-Oil logo will also be featured prominently in all races and advertisements for the next two years.

Having this advertisement will be a big shot in the arm as far as bringing green awareness to car enthusiasts around the world. "The Series is synonymous with high performance and aligning G-OIL with those same quality standards, will give consumers the confidence to go green with their own engines." says Jeffrey Loch, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer of GET.

I've had the pleasure to watch G-oil grow over this past year and have really been quite impressed by both their product and progress. G-Oil is a animal fat derived oil which uses no petroleum what-so-ever in its production process. What emerges from their patented process is an oil that is clean, green, non-toxic, biodegradable, and will not release harmful gases into the atmosphere when burned.

Unlike traditional petrochemical-based motor oils from leading manufacturers, Green Earth Technologies' G-OIL is made with American-grown renewable animal fats. These saturated fats, whose molecular single-bond carbon chains are similar to common petroleum oils, have no harsh effects on the environment, and drastically cut our dependence on foreign oil.

Chevy's rugged, NO issues with Cheap EO, Can run on cooking oils also -

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2648181-schnell-engine-oil-5w40/page-23?do=findComment&comment=6181386

The best thing about putting vegetable oil in the car is

its doesn't pollute the air.

And if you run a diesel you can even run it on cooking oil

and you don't need new cooking oil bought from the supermarket.

You can use old oil that you throw away after cooking chips in it.

[thumbsup]

veg oil very versatile.

as for use as fuel, how many here willing to risk putting it into their hundred thousand dollar machine i wonder

The best thing about putting vegetable oil in the car is

its doesn't pollute the air.

And if you run a diesel you can even run it on cooking oil

and you don't need new cooking oil bought from the supermarket.

You can use old oil that you throw away after cooking chips in it.

[thumbsup]

veg oil very versatile.

as for use as fuel, how many here willing to risk putting it into their hundred thousand dollar machine i wonder

Can use veg oil in the engine but it cannot be 100% as veg oil does not contain additives and detergents.

Also must check the veg oil has a flash point as high as engine oil.

If the veg oil has a low flash point it will get burned off in the engine.

But veg oil as fuel in a diesel engine no problem.

People in UK have been doing it for years and supermarkets have limited people buying so much.

Edited by Jamesc

For those buying the Giant's SHU at offer 24.90, do note that there are stocks made in Germany and Turkey.

Do note if you are particular about the origin of production.

• Praise 2

For those buying the Giant's SHU at offer 24.90, do note that there are stocks made in Germany and Turkey.

Better to use stocks from hong Kong. Those sold at stations are from hong Kong

Anybody wants BNIB Mag1 OW-20 Full Synthetic ? New car can't use so thin oil. 

I also have Mobil 1 5W-20

MCF price  [;)]

PM me

Edited by Othello

Anybody wants BNIB Mag1 OW-20 Full Synthetic ? New car can't use so thin oil. 

I also have Mobil 1 5W-20

MCF price  [;)]

PM me

Most Japanese new car is using 0-20.

wah SHU at this price is v cheap

any Giant would have stock or Specific outlet ?

↡ Advertisement