Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

wah SHU at this price is v cheap

any Giant would have stock or Specific outlet ?

I saw it at Giant Megastore at Tampines and Parkway.   

Note, till 14 Aug only.

↡ Advertisement

The best thing about putting vegetable oil in the car is

its doesn't pollute the air.

:D

And if you run a diesel you can even run it on cooking oil

and you don't need new cooking oil bought from the supermarket.

You can use old oil that you throw away after cooking chips in it.

When I was driving my diesel van, I tried biodiesel.

This is processed from used vegetable oil, those collected from restaurants, coffee shops,hawker centre, etc.

But you can't simply pour in vegetable oil and use. It has to be processed to remove something which may caused the engine to gum up or something.

Straight vegetable oil (SVO) can be used directly as a fossil diesel substitute however using this fuel can lead to some fairly serious engine problems. Due to its relatively high viscosity SVO leads to poor atomisation of the fuel, incomplete combustion, coking of the fuel injectors, ring carbonisation, and accumulation of fuel in the lubricating oil. The best method for solving these problems is the transesterification of the oil.

And then the cost of burning biodiesel is not cheap either.

So I went back to burning petroleum diesel. [laugh]

• Praise 1

When I was driving my diesel van, I tried biodiesel.

This is processed from used vegetable oil, those collected from restaurants, coffee shops,hawker centre, etc.

But you can't simply pour in vegetable oil and use. It has to be processed to remove something which may caused the engine to gum up or something.

And then the cost of burning biodiesel is not cheap either.

So I went back to burning petroleum diesel. [laugh]

Yup have to strain out the bits of fried chicken or whatever and thin it down with white spirit to prevent the gumming up.

:D

On 6/26/2019 at 10:33 AM, SIM37 said:

10 years in Sep

My humble hatchback has been using this schnell or carlube (Always bought in Giant) and I've been doing my own oil changes every service interval by driving my car up a kerb and using 2 ton jack stand to change oil.

All the hooblah hype about expensive oil for general motoring is HOGWASH.

17390400_10154273947327797_6648987369132

A basic A2B car DOES NOT NEED anything fancy.

My car is going to die this Sep, its now 273,000km old and likely will be about 275,000 come September.

There are ZERO instances of anything failing inside the engine.

Just do REGULAR oil changes, intervals of 10-15k are absolutely fine. Also change oil filters at the same time and air.

Also : NEVER EVER DO ENGINE FLUSHES!!! 

Anything bigger I let the workshop do. but I can say its rewarding doing your own

1. Oil Change
2. Oil Filter change
3. Air Filter change
4. Spark plug change (30k for cheap plugs, 100k for iridium). If u drive boxer engine then go workshop.

I've also changed by myself in the last 10 years

1. Leaking radiator hose (Amazing what youtube and lazada/shopee and stockist shops can get you)
2. Coolant (Even simplier than engine oil)
3. Plugged many a small punctures with worm/slug type of patch (Helped many others too)
4. My own  car battery (Swap in thats all)
5. A/C Cabin filter
6. All car light bulbs (Again online buy H4 bulbs at $2-3)
7. Onboard fuses (google is your friend).
8. Rear light unit (One a**hole scraped it in a carpark and ran off, again google/taobao/lazada/aliexpress is your friend).
9. Cleaning my own radiator grill
10. Cleaned my own MAF sensor
11. Clean the drum brakes on my own (Suprisingly simple to do). Even more suprised at 270,000km it still can be used on the SAME SET OF ORIGINAL pads.

The DIY car culture in Singapore is horribly lacking, nobody wants to get their hands dirty.

My new car coming in Sep. Goodbye swift.... Everything dies in Singapore by a certain date/time.

Bro my car mileage 300000Km....Ive also been using 'Cheap' engine oil for the past 9 years...my car engine still running smoothly.....whenever I sent my car for major servicing, the technical always tell me your car engine very "Quiet" even is already 9yrs+ and he's very surprised I'm using a non-branded engine oil " Carlube 5w40 Fully Synth " 

Just bought 1 carton of Carlube 5w40 Fully Synth 1L @ Fairprice Xtra Changi Business Park....now having promotion BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!

BUY 1 carton 12 bottles ~ $105.60

FREE 1 carton 12 bottles! 

Note: All are New Stocks. Mfg: June 2019IMG_20190831_110220.thumb.jpg.7b291525c403ecede5585ede6cca1d86.jpg

IMG_20190910_162238 (2).jpg

IMG_20190910_160806.jpg

• Praise 4

On 9/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, babelube said:

Bro my car mileage 300000Km....Ive also been using 'Cheap' engine oil for the past 9 years...my car engine still running smoothly.....whenever I sent my car for major servicing, the technical always tell me your car engine very "Quiet" even is already 9yrs+ and he's very surprised I'm using a non-branded engine oil " Carlube 5w40 Fully Synth " 

Just bought 1 carton of Carlube 5w40 Fully Synth 1L @ Fairprice Xtra Changi Business Park....now having promotion BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!

Note: All are New Stocks. Mfg: June 2019IMG_20190831_110220.thumb.jpg.7b291525c403ecede5585ede6cca1d86.jpg

IMG_20190910_160806.jpg

Yup... thats awesome.

I've changed to attrage now. will do my own servicing too.

Neutral Newbie
On 9/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, babelube said:

IMG_20190910_160806.jpg

Hello, where can u find the manufactured date on carlube? Thanks in advance

On 10/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hachi said:

For those reputable brands, carlube and shell should be the most cost-effective.

Will be going to stock some Carlube.

Carlube is made in EU? How is it even possible to sell so cheap when the freight cost to SG would probably be more expensive than the oil. Anyway, I will go check out which oil is having promotion then decide. 

↡ Advertisement