Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Even the article in sgcarmart recommends '40'engine oil for Singapore's hot climate

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3407

The 5W40 would suffice for Singapore's tropical climate. '40', a thicker viscosity, is more suited for warmer climates like ours while '30' allows for faster engine oil lubrication in colder climates such as Japan or Europe.

Turbo Diesel engine is high compression also no problem with 30 weight oil lor. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I used car lube for 10 years from the first oil change at 1,000 km

to the last and never had any problems with it.

Cheap and good oil for b and b car.

:grin:

If drive turbo then something better like Redline and Amsoil.

16 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Very good specs for a made-in-Singapore  $20 (4 litres) fully synthetic engine oil

https://meta-oil.com/

image.png.b224beea30a0cb1900698a948279d07b.png

image.png.5cbf3f3c3040195a1fc8c1d15c716c96.png

I look and look and look and still unable tell if this is a good oil from the oil analysis sheet?

- Is that the oil analysis of a brand new oil?

- Or it is the oil analysis after 1,000,000 or xxxx km?

- What is the baseline of a good oil analysis sheet look like? The figures.

The oil analysis sheet looks like a normal readout which has no meaning if not compared to a known comparison.

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I look and look and look and still unable tell if this is a good oil from the oil analysis sheet?

- Is that the oil analysis of a brand new oil?

- Or it is the oil analysis after 1,000,000 or xxxx km?

- What is the baseline of a good oil analysis sheet look like? The figures.

The oil analysis sheet looks like a normal readout which has no meaning if not compared to a known comparison.

normally i see the api SN  reading,  my noob knowledge now should be SN or even newer?? already ,

SM  should be older fomular?? ( i guess 1 )

then i confirm check got test data by vehicle maker or not

alway got the BMW test , porsche test etc etc etc reading at the back. some oil dun have,  i wont use oil that dun have those data.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Hachi said:

Rather pay a bit more for Shell and Carlube.

Dont know what funny brand...

You  are paying for the marketing expenses for the known brands

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

alway got the BMW test , porsche test etc etc etc reading at the back. some oil dun have,  i wont use oil that dun have those data.

Don't read too much into these. It's just a marketing gimmic.

When a product is priced too low, people say its no good, but people will buy when its priced higher, thinking its good.

2 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

When a product is priced too low, people say its no good, but people will buy when its priced higher, thinking its good.

i not saying high price mush be good.

for example, i can find 2 different brand oil , both from germany. same spec 5w40. same api sn. with all the car maker test datababa

1 can sell at $70.00. another at $36.00

how much engine oil is selling in sg depend alot on importer. lisence more then anything else.

but we cannot deny the fact that different brand model of engine oil 5w40. CAN HAVE  alot of different.

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

You  are paying for the marketing expenses for the known brands

Hahhahaha I rather pay up to $10 for their marketing then paying less than $10 for some unknown oil. The brands I stated are quite priced competively during sale compared to this mata oil, right???

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Do you have a comparision OA to prove this unknown oil is good? No ? Just post an OA and claims it is good from some unknown guy in the forum?

The pic you posted does not mean anything. Have you seen a OA before???

Edited by Hachi

Turbocharged

In summary, if you drive a bread and butter car, any engine oil that you buy off the shelves will work. Better to pay less for  a cheaper engine oil and change at more regular intervals, than pay  a premium for  a branded engine oil and change at the scheduled 10,000km interval.

I was at a stockist, and the owner mentioned that because cars are expensive in Singapore, cheap and lesser known brands engine oils are shunned by car owners. He also said that in lesser developed countries where these branded engine oils are unavail, owners also use the local or unknown brands and the cars work fine. And oh, they pump the lowest RON petrol. 95RON is  a luxury. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Vinceng said:

In summary, if you drive a bread and butter car, any engine oil that you buy off the shelves will work. Better to pay less for  a cheaper engine oil and change at more regular intervals, than pay  a premium for  a branded engine oil and change at the scheduled 10,000km interval.

I was at a stockist, and the owner mentioned that because cars are expensive in Singapore, cheap and lesser known brands engine oils are shunned by car owners. He also said that in lesser developed countries where these branded engine oils are unavail, owners also use the local or unknown brands and the cars work fine. And oh, they pump the lowest RON petrol. 95RON is  a luxury. 

So based on your example:

10000km 2x oil of meta engine with oil filter ( $40 (oil) + $20 (oil filters) + labour ($60) = $120

Compared to shell hylix

10000km one oil change ( $30 (oil) + $10 (oil filter) + labour ($30) = $70

BB car owner, of course choose the cheaper alternative, right?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Hachi said:

So based on your example:

10000km 2x oil of meta engine with oil filter ( $40 (oil) + $20 (oil filters) + labour ($60) = $120

Compared to shell hylix

10000km one oil change ( $30 (oil) + $10 (oil filter) + labour ($30) = $70

BB car owner, of course choose the cheaper alternative, right?

yeah, unless one DIY and doesnt change the filter at 5000km, then there is savings.

↡ Advertisement