Come on in if you are into cheap engine oils...

Ken4555

On 9/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, Goldenvodka said:

I don't think hypermarkets/supermarkets of that scale will sell fake engine oil.

The most they do is parallel import selling the products that is not meant for our market.

Just like genuine car spareparts. If it is for domestic China market consumption. You cannot say that is a fake right.

IMHO.AFAIK.
Certain products,   they sell shelf space. 

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Micb said:

Just a heads-up, Giant is offering SHU at $29/- only.

Only issues are finding a workshop willing to change oil/filter and charge labour only.   Currently market rate for this labour service seems to be inching up, like $35 or more now.

The most expensive is autosaver.  Labour fee alone is 40, still have not include gst.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ahleong19 said:

Only delkol motorsynth TDI 5w-40 is Mercedes 229.31 and 229.51 approved. 
229.1 is a super old spec. Most cars need at min 229.3 now. Better if 229.5. 
imho why bother when totachi meets 229.51 and is cheaper. TOTACHI Ultima EcoDrive L 5W-30.

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolistenmain.php?navigation_path=bevolisten&language_id=1&blatt=229.51&content_action=show&mark=Delkol&suchbegriff=Delkol

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, Ahleong19 said:

Wow I didn't know Totachi is selling below $25 for 5L. Let me know where please. 🙂

The Delkol on sale is NOT Mercedes approved! 
which is what it is touting it’s so great being used on a C63. 
if using on Mercedes I rather used approved oils for a little more. I was mistaken on the price of delkol. If $5/L is good enough for you regardless of approvals, then go ahead. 

anyway just to let everyone know that meet specs of vw Mercedes does not mean it is approved. If it is an approved oil it will state as “approved 229.5” on the label. This is how those non approved oil try to marketing themselves as such. 

Edited by Mkl22

On 11/29/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mkl22 said:

The Delkol on sale is NOT Mercedes approved! 
which is what it is touting it’s so great being used on a C63. 
if using on Mercedes I rather used approved oils for a little more. I was mistaken on the price of delkol. If $5/L is good enough for you regardless of approvals, then go ahead. 

anyway just to let everyone know that meet specs of vw Mercedes does not mean it is approved. If it is an approved oil it will state as “approved 229.5” on the label. This is how those non approved oil try to marketing themselves as such. 

Seems like a way to trick unsuspecting consumers . 

On 11/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ahleong19 said:

Gonna get this. My swift always pour finish 4L dipstick still not full. Always need about 4.3L. This 5L bottle best

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

Gonna get this. My swift always pour finish 4L dipstick still not full. Always need about 4.3L. This 5L bottle best

As long as you don’t stretch intervals. Any fully synthetic is fine. 

On 12/11/2020 at 3:10 PM, Shando said:

Why you use 5w40 for Swift? Isn't it too thick? 5w30 or 5w20 would be more appropriate for modern engine.

My swift is near to 200000km.

been using 5w40 since about 120000km 

• Praise 2

On 12/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

What brand oil you using?

Used meta, totachi and shell.

now running on Shell, they time got promotion $30 with free delivery 

next change on Feb 2021. 

Probably something off-topic - but for those of you who DIY your EO changes - where do you do this? At your HDB carpark? 

Or do you guys go somewhere else to do this, since it is "technically" illegal to do vehicle servicing at HDB carparks... 🙄

There's someone on carousell who will travel to your place and remove the engine oil via the pump method (some say this is not a full drain, but watch youtube to make your own decision). He will also dispose the oil for you.

I understand he has oil filter and EO you can get from him but if not labor only also can

↡ Advertisement