My favourite canned foods

Cootie-Monster

cream based some don't like cos jelak after a while

tomato based some don't like cos a bit sour

so answer --> aglio olio, Just olive oil and chilli. Add clams if you want. There's no trick, just remember to use good quality Extra VIRGIN

↡ Advertisement

I don't think carbonara is cream based right? My method of cooking carbonara is to make the sauce using eggs and parmesan cheese. No cream at all. Just cook some bacon bits till its crisp and stir in the pasta and put the pasta on a plate before pouring the egg and parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta and stir it in.

Need Cream ... Cos the White White stuff didn't come from the Chef ... 😂

cream based some don't like cos jelak after a while

tomato based some don't like cos a bit sour

so answer --> aglio olio, Just olive oil and chilli. Add clams if you want. There's no trick, just remember to use good quality Extra VIRGIN

Aglio Olio is my favorite excuse for using Chili Padi .... 😂 Edited by Chowyunfatt
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Need Cream ... Cos the White White stuff didn't come from the Chef ... 😂

Aglio Olio is my favorite excuse for using Chili Padi .... 😂

The one I learnt doesn't have cream. According to my friend's mum it is passed down by her grandmother.

authentic carbonara is non-cream based..the sauce is just egg yolks with pecorino cheese

I normally just use the whole eggs instead then add extra 1 or 2 egg yolks to make it more creamy.

authentic carbonara is non-cream based..the sauce is just egg yolks with pecorino cheese

Ok ... I will try again ...

The one I learnt doesn't have cream. According to my friend's mum it is passed down by her grandmother.

I normally just use the whole eggs instead then add extra 1 or 2 egg yolks to make it more creamy.

Can give whole recipie include timing?

I want to learn ... Thank you ... 😊

My favorite is canned mushroom.

Stir fry some chopped garlic with some oil, till light brown, add olive oil (cos I try to avoid high heat onto olive oil) and then add the mushroom either whole or cut into half (if too big), Stir fry again and add some salt to taste. Yummy.

post-80340-0-81269600-1412474787.jpg

• Praise 2

I don't think carbonara is cream based right? My method of cooking carbonara is to make the sauce using eggs and parmesan cheese. No cream at all. Just cook some bacon bits till its crisp and stir in the pasta and put the pasta on a plate before pouring the egg and parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta and stir it in.

No ah? I didn't know that... Thought it was cream base all along...

Oh I used to get the cabonara from a stall at 511 Bedok North St 3... Very nice... My kids' clear favourite... When I use the off the shelf cabonara sauce base it was miles different in taste...

Twincharged

This is how i do it. Just that I don't put any oil in the pan for the bacon cuz IMO it produces enough oil already.

• Praise 2

Wah sounds very rich ... Don't know if can tahan or not ...

• Praise 1

This is how i do it. Just that I don't put any oil in the pan for the bacon cuz IMO it produces enough oil already.

Ok ... Try and see if my daughter likes it ...

• Praise 1

I think using cream is the shortcut and cheaper way [:p] I also use cream. But I don't cook cream based pasta often cos wifey prefer aglio olio

but for those bros wondering what cream -->

post-1137-0-59861400-1412509475_thumb.jpg

any of you tried this before ?? I see liao feel gross :D

post-1137-0-31683300-1412509614_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I think using cream is the shortcut and cheaper way [:p] I also use cream. But I don't cook cream based pasta often cos wifey prefer aglio olio

but for those bros wondering what cream -->

attachicon.gif7616100012046-1.JPG

any of you tried this before ?? I see liao feel gross :D

attachicon.gif1144x640_dodo_fischeonfishmeatloaf_original_front.jpg

IMMHO... I always feel LC meat should always be pork so even the chicken version is already going another direction for the benefit of non pork consumers... Now fish?

Yes I do also feel grossed out...

my favorite canned food - King Oscar sardines in extra virgin olive oil..I only eat 2 types anyway..1 is sardines & the other is SPAM(very rare in the last few years as I am more into fresh produce)

1396571695636.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1