GT Radial Champiro HPY

Seangoh

u try driving a type r, evo or sti with such tyres n u see what happen.

i try them a few time n give up. t1r, ps3, csc3, their side wall is so soft... corner limit is so low. luckily still hv re11 =)

you sound like either you go track everyday, every week or you drive like the roads in Singapore is your racing track.... i hope you dont treat the roads as your personal race track.

↡ Advertisement

After using GT Radial Champiro HPY 225/45/18 for a year, overall the grip is good for both dry and wet, noise level acceptable. But one of my tyre gave me some problem. Went for a rotation and balancing, found that one tyre has to put 95gm of weight... That is too much. Tyre machanic remove the tyre to check the rim, rim was ok. So problem is with the tyre. That tyre lost its roundness. Tyre thead still good, thus use it as rear tyre. Thats my experience.

where did you get yr tyres bro?

I am using 225/45/17 bought in June2012 for $150 per piece. I think I slightly overpaid..... but overall dry wet quick decent, but noise is "acceptable" range, and is not as quiet as those comfort tyres. I was hoping so much it will be a tad quieter than Bridgestone RE001, but turns out to be OKOK only, not as quiet as I would have expected. UHP tyres, so gotta compromised I guess.

Edited by Sotongcat

im using the newer model than the HPY.

UHP1...grip is good.. noise not too bad... tried at 120km/h it's still holding well on road

paid 145 each for size 235 17 45

other than it's slightly heavier than ex BS..overall the tyres is good and no complains for such a price. [wave]

The shop opposite that famous tyre shop in AMK Ave 10 there. The front of shop has "GT radial" sign big big. 225/45/R17 should be 140 I think. I paid 150.

WAHH...All big sizes...I only need 1956515 leh...got this size or not?

Got the phone number of the shop bro?

Neutral Newbie

I got my 17inch HPY form Soh Tyres aka Soh Bros. Used for 2 years already. Clock 37k mileage. Still got 50% thread. Wet and Dry no problem. For me cut corner no problem also. Firm grip.

I got my 17inch HPY form Soh Tyres aka Soh Bros. Used for 2 years already. Clock 37k mileage. Still got 50% thread. Wet and Dry no problem. For me cut corner no problem also. Firm grip.

Previously was on KU31 and using HPY, this tyre is a notch better, esp in noise and conering.

Previously was on KU31 and using HPY, this tyre is a notch better, esp in noise and conering.

This I can't agree with you...noise may be slightly quieter. But corner it'd still fare less superior to 31.

im using the newer model than the HPY.

UHP1...grip is good.. noise not too bad... tried at 120km/h it's still holding well on road

paid 145 each for size 235 17 45

other than it's slightly heavier than ex BS..overall the tyres is good and no complains for such a price. [wave]

Err....120 bo bakei. 180 and above .... [;)]

Err....120 bo bakei. 180 and above .... [;)]

Tried the HPY on NSH @ 220kmh...ok lah. Not fantastic...but not complaining...not that everyday you drive at this kinda ridiculous speed...for normal SG road use, its very acceptable.

Brake wise, wet and dry...at the price...its a bargain.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I am on HPY 215-45-R17 for about 10k now. 1st rotation coming soon.

So far very happy with the dry and wet grip. Noise wise, it starts to build up.

A good bargain for UHP tyres at this price. These days, dont to have really see which country they are made in. I have to ditch a set of made-in-jap tyres due to the poor quality for this set of HPYs.

[thumbsup] Recommended for those with budget constraint.

Neutral Newbie

Some people just don't understand.

The reason GT Radial tyres are cheap was because it is Made in Indonesia.

Mean cheaper cost & labour and also much less shipment charges import to Singapore.

Comparing expensive tyres from Japan & Euro,

high shipment cost added addition price to the already very high cost & labour.

Maybe the mfg GT Radial should consider this.

Have 2 different mfg location sharing 1 model of tyres, with slight different

but almost identical look thread pattern (in real facts they perform the same) and we have,

Extreme Series - HPY-E - Made in Germany or Italy, price $250.

ExPower Series - HPY-A - Made in Indonesia or Vietnam, price $130.

Think it will be a win-win for the GT Radial corporate image and the consumer?

Lol... [laugh]