GT Radial Champiro HPY

Seangoh

Y cant a type r use this kind of tyres????

If it cost only $140 at 17". Do u think the tyres suitable for a type r or not. The tyres give up before the chasis.

If drive type r n drive slowly , dun play corners, than y buy type r.

I've read a number of high performance cars going to the track with these tyres. Granted they are not the best in the world but neither are they unsafe to use for performance applications. Reviews that you can find online are generally positive given the price point as well.

Edited by Fuzzylogic

I've read a number of high performance cars going to the track with these tyres. Granted they are not the best in the world but neither are they unsafe to use for performance applications. Reviews that you can find online are generally positive given the price point as well.

Thumb up to u....well said...

Thumb up to u....well said...

Neutral Newbie

If it cost only $140 at 17". Do u think the tyres suitable for a type r or not. The tyres give up before the chasis.

Don't tok cok lah. My R also using this tires before and its not bad, wack fast corner also steady. Have used many other brands as well for this car and its a decent tire overall, not those buang type. Have you used it before, if not don't anyhow comment. Also doesn't mean ppl who drive Type R means every corner also must wack. [hur] More expensive doesn't mean better too. I also ever used a $235 tire and the grip like f**k...

Just changed my stock tyres to the GT Champiro HPY. Can't comment about its durability yet but the new tyres are real quiet [thumbsup]

Edited by Gnomish

Don't tok cok lah. My R also using this tires before and its not bad, wack fast corner also steady. Have used many other brands as well for this car and its a decent tire overall, not those buang type. Have you used it before, if not don't anyhow comment. Also doesn't mean ppl who drive Type R means every corner also must wack. [hur] More expensive doesn't mean better too. I also ever used a $235 tire and the grip like f**k...

by looking @ treadwear is enough to stay clear off this tyres.

300 LOL 100% quiet n comfort tyre!

stock type r come with re070. it a extreme performance tyre with treadwear of 140.

u really buy wrong car.

this HPY tyres is in the ultra high performance group. there is a max performance group above it before re070 @ extreme performance.

even the best in ultra high group, can never keep up with any tyre from the extreme group.

stock type r come with re070. it a extreme performance tyre with treadwear of 140.

u really buy wrong car.

this HPY tyres is in the ultra high performance group. there is a max performance group above it before re070 @ extreme performance.

even the best in ultra high group, can never keep up with any tyre from the extreme group.

have u used this tyre before? if not, dont come and b**sh** here.

Do slow down, and do not learn through mistakes. Do not ply with corners. Both rear tire on previous Accent carcass failure one after another, suspect to be due to plying with corners. Example: Same 40-km route can read 44km when playing with corners.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

GT Champiro HPY is definitely a good tyre at reasonable price.

In fact I saw many Type R on this tyres and heard of many good reviews

Seen a few years back, in Jurong West, a R after it mounted kerb, somersaulted, uprooted a small tree, re-located bollard, 2 wheels dismantled with the stunt. A heap of twisted metal. Some cars are more for display than fast cornering. [shakehead]

changed my tyres to GT Radial Champiro HPY 235 40 R18 3 weeks ago .

Very quiet and only $170.00 per pc (inclusive of GST )

Tested on msia second link at 220 km . low noise and gripping then solid .

:D strongly recommended !

Neutral Newbie

u really buy wrong car.

LOL...what an idiot you are. :D Your post just makes me laugh...

those numbers there is useful only when you know how to read and understand

aa is higest follow by a / b /c for temperature and traction

t-wear number is very general info too(bigger number can last longer based on control condition)

dollars and cents generally higher cost is the better tyre within the family

some people said expensive can perform like s--t ( i agreed )

i can use car to expample

subaru rex / lexus is250 / nissan cefiro2.5 / BM 320/ merc S350 . Ferrari /Porsche all can go up 200km/h

cna i said the merc s350 is a waste of money to buy because Subaru rex also can reach 200km/h

but all above can / perform / or simple to say the process from stop to 200km/h is vary from car to car

BUt 1 thing for sure merc s350 give me the best comfort and old subaru REX ($50k) is the cheapest .

the way you mentioned is like type R is God. [laugh]

anyway, even if your car is fitted with "extreme performance" tyres but you're a c--k driver?

never try, never know. unless you tried it, you will be able to comment with self experience. :D

i using this tyre 215/45 17 so far no complaint .... not very good and not very bad cause the price is fine $120 only....... maybe better than falkern which i used to have.