Holux 62f tmc

Tom_kkh

bought a holux 62f with live traffic update.

the tmc symbol keeps flashing, is it correct?

when i check the live update "page" that is no traffic incident.

it me or the system?

i have plug in the tmc adaptor and the Antenna.

so its normal for the symbol to keep flashing?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

TMC is useless lar. A friend of mine told me, he followed the TMC suggestion, then jam after jam. haha.

TMC is useless lar. A friend of mine told me, he followed the TMC suggestion, then jam after jam. haha.

too late for me...........

Neutral Newbie

I used an older Holux but with TMC. Basically if you see the TMC blinking means no TMC. This happens when you power up the unit without the external TMC entenna plugged in. For mine the antenna is plugged in to the docking cradle. So I will plug in the GPS into the docking cradle, then power on the docking cradle which would trigger the GPS to power up. This way the GPS detects the TMC docking cradle and antenna and the TMC logo disappears. Then if you go to the TMC screen you will see the traffic updates.

Neutral Newbie

TMC is not 100% accurate. Just as the radio messages on Jams also not 100% accurate. They can say avoid CTE then you go Thomson, also Jam but nobody says anything about thomson right? So you friend is right in that aspect but sadly TMC data supplied by Trips/LTA is not comprehensive enough. But for me I feel the major expressways are covered and seems fairly accurate for me. The info pops up to say jam in say CTE in 2km or so but it is up to me to decide if I want to detour as suggested or force my way through. Sometime you force your way through you realize the Jam clears up. Sometimes it is really Jammed and I regret no taking up the suggestion from the holux.

(edited)

TMC is not 100% accurate. Just as the radio messages on Jams also not 100% accurate. They can say avoid CTE then you go Thomson, also Jam but nobody says anything about thomson right? So you friend is right in that aspect but sadly TMC data supplied by Trips/LTA is not comprehensive enough. But for me I feel the major expressways are covered and seems fairly accurate for me. The info pops up to say jam in say CTE in 2km or so but it is up to me to decide if I want to detour as suggested or force my way through. Sometime you force your way through you realize the Jam clears up. Sometimes it is really Jammed and I regret no taking up the suggestion from the holux.

thanks for the tips. appreciated.

TMC only works if the jams are reported or spotted by LTA through their cams, if they have in the particular stretch of road.

So if we go highway and it indicate to an alternative route, and through your experience, that road is always jam too, i would suggest we stick to the original ones.

TMC is not idiot proof, so it still need the person's common sense to make it work, all it provides are suggestions not guaranties

It did saved me a jam caused by an accident in PIE last week. My friend was stuck for an hour there :)

like condoms, i prefer to have it and not use it than want it but don have it :)

Edited by Tom_kkh

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just like to check with fellow Holux 62F TMC GPS users.

Does your 62F have Text To Speech (TTS)?

Mine does not read out the street name to turn to.

It just goes "turn left in 300m".

Did i set something wrongly?

I am using the default voice (Yessmine).

TIA

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just like to check with fellow Holux 62F TMC GPS users.

Does your 62F have Text To Speech (TTS)?

Mine does not read out the street name to turn to.

It just goes "turn left in 300m".

Did i set something wrongly?

I am using the default voice (Yessmine).

TIA

anybody please?

fellow bros,

I bought dis gps yrs ago and haf not been using it, but recently took it out and wanted to update the map and start using it for my Malaysia trips...  managed to find the update map through galactio but somehow or other my desktop could not detect the gps through usb... I've set the set the connection to USB Mass Storage but still cannot connect to my desktop... any bros haf any advise??

(edited)

change USB wire.

Why still using standalone GPS unless you are going off road/tracking?

Just download free navigation app and maps to your mobile. We have Here, Sygic......

fellow bros,

I bought dis gps yrs ago and haf not been using it, but recently took it out and wanted to update the map and start using it for my Malaysia trips...  managed to find the update map through galactio but somehow or other my desktop could not detect the gps through usb... I've set the set the connection to USB Mass Storage but still cannot connect to my desktop... any bros haf any advise??

Edited by Kangadrool