How to ensure servicing was done 'honesty'?

Ahjun

usually when we send car for servicing, and instructed them to change engine oil and Auto Transmission Oil of change filter etc....and usually we will leave the car to them and come back collect the car once all is done up.

How can we ensure that the workshop has really did all the changes? i am wondering if they had charged me for the job but didnt change the oil ...etc....

For example i juz change my Auto Transmission Oil ... probably it was till clean oil b4 i change...so now how can i know check if they really did a change for me ?

↡ Advertisement

usually when we send car for servicing, and instructed them to change engine oil and Auto Transmission Oil of change filter etc....and usually we will leave the car to them and come back collect the car once all is done up.

How can we ensure that the workshop has really did all the changes? i am wondering if they had charged me for the job but didnt change the oil ...etc....

For example i juz change my Auto Transmission Oil ... probably it was till clean oil b4 i change...so now how can i know check if they really did a change for me ?

trust.

Neutral Newbie

If you unable to give your workshop simple mutual trust, then stay there throughout and oversee them perform the servicing.

guys, digress a bit,

last time i went to BM for 80k major servicing, their package was 328, with recommended servicing replacement of parts (think recommended by Toyota) such as EO, EO filter, Air Filter, brake fluid, radiator coolant. in the end, they did all except radiator coolant. they told me that i'm using long life coolant that last 160K before change. i still paid 328 for this service. think kanna carot. does any one faces the same situation.. that is they recommended and charge and in the end, not all recommended was replaced. i presume that Toyota have a fairily good reason to change coolant at every major servicing/

guys, digress a bit,

last time i went to BM for 80k major servicing, their package was 328, with recommended servicing replacement of parts (think recommended by Toyota) such as EO, EO filter, Air Filter, brake fluid, radiator coolant. in the end, they did all except radiator coolant. they told me that i'm using long life coolant that last 160K before change. i still paid 328 for this service. think kanna carot. does any one faces the same situation.. that is they recommended and charge and in the end, not all recommended was replaced. i presume that Toyota have a fairily good reason to change coolant at every major servicing/

Hey Bro,I kena the same situation.As this is my first toyota,previously driving Mz2,I read the servicing recommendation for 30k,it wrote recommend to change Cabin Filter.So after servicing,I point out to them,how come cabin filter wasn't change?Their answer is,recommend to change,if you want to change,we can change it for you at $82.It's not in the servicing package.From then,I asked them to fly kite,every servicing I go,they can use whatever method they have to smoke me.End up I went out to get a cabin filter,only cost me $44.I did my own replacement and installation,so labour charge free.

air con filters are never included inside their servicing maintainence program package.

if u wanan change...u have to ask them, then buy the filter separately.

For outside workshop, I am sure the workshop would allow you to see what they are doing to your car. You can hang around and see how they service your car. That is what I usually do.

guys, digress a bit,

ADs are usually more expensive.

You can actually get the original parts from stockist and bring your parts to outside workshop for servicing in accordance with your ride's service manual. That would be cheaper.

ADs are usually more expensive.

You can actually get the original parts from stockist and bring your parts to outside workshop for servicing in accordance with your ride's service manual. That would be cheaper.

That's true but b4 you go to the stockists,

check by how much cheaper. It is more worth it to go there for more stuff.

Else maybe if buy an item, only $10 cheaper.

There are some things you can do

wheels/Tyre - i used a touch up paint to mark 2 rims Left & Right so that I know they rotate.

Engine Oil, check yourself.

airfilter, check yourself.

a quick check for essential parts b4 leaving

Hey Bro,I kena the same situation.As this is my first toyota,previously driving Mz2,I read the servicing recommendation for 30k,it wrote recommend to change Cabin Filter.So after servicing,I point out to them,how come cabin filter wasn't change?Their answer is,recommend to change,if you want to change,we can change it for you at $82.It's not in the servicing package.From then,I asked them to fly kite,every servicing I go,they can use whatever method they have to smoke me.End up I went out to get a cabin filter,only cost me $44.I did my own replacement and installation,so labour charge free.

think the recommended servicing by toyota is not recommended by BM if you do not pay them what they charge.i only hav owned a toyota car. so i do not not know what other brands servicing..any other car brands owners?

Supersonic

guys, digress a bit,

If they sell you a package for $328 that includes changing radiator coolant, then they must change it per the package price.

Otherwise, they should offer you a discount and not merely say the coolant does not need to be changed, but still charge you $328.

What if they say your oil is still clean, no need to change, your brake fluid is still clean, no need to change...are you still going to pay $328 ?

to ensure they changed all the oil as stated , ask for the remaining oil and the bottle and any replacement parts such as old filter.

for engine oil filter, use coin/ metal object to scratch a small visible line that could easily seen by ur ownself so to avoid using recycled filter.

That's true but b4 you go to the stockists,

check by how much cheaper. It is more worth it to go there for more stuff.

Else maybe if buy an item, only $10 cheaper.

From my experience, common items like oil filters, air filters, brake pads etc (those wear and tear) can get from stockists and usually are cheaper than ADs.

But for major servicing intervals, parts such as timing belt, engine mountings etc would better to consult and get through reliable outside workshops as their prices are cheaper than ADs and what you get from stockists yourself (excluding labour charges). Some of the outside workshops get the stock parts from the same OEM suppliers as we consumers go and get it ourselves. The thing is if we go and get the big major parts ourselves and get workshop to do it, workshops might charge a higher labour cost to do for us. In addition, if we get these major servicing parts through the workshops, we can go back to that workshop should there be anything that arises after the servicing/installation. The situation might not be the same if you get the major servicing parts yourself and if something happens, workshops may be on a defensive mode by saying that we got the parts ourselves and might not be genuine or the workshop does not give any warranty to the parts.

Easy. If you dun trust them dan go to workshops like Autob*cs where you can watch thru a glass panel in comfort and see the oil change done. You can even get yourself a drink and read car mags while keeping an eye on your car. Wow, I sound like a sales person :D .

nope...they did not change the coolant and did not even minus the any form of price from the price package.

who are the "they"? isn't it better if you can let us know the WS so that people will take note.

↡ Advertisement