Which hot hatch should I get?

BrandonChin

(edited)

any hatch without window tinting can be a hot hatch. no?

:D:D I get your joke! but on serious note, take your statement literally, yea i think cars look better without any tint, full clear glass, let the daylight in, together with beige/cream interior and some wood trim, best [thumbsup] i don't understand why super-tinted windows and black interiors are all the rage these days--ugly, and so claustrophobic

edit: my contribution, suggestion, BMW 130 3-door

Edited by The_young_once

(edited)

Chery QQ with the word "HOT" all over it. :D

What kinda budget? 3dr or 5dr?

I looking for hot sedan also. The list quite long unless I state my budget.

Edited by Watwheels

Hi, considering of getting another car. A hatch back. Can you guys give me your opinions and suggestions?

Any budget constraint??

Golf GTI, Suzuki Swift Sport, Chery QQ, Honda Jazz, Mazda 2 HB, Hyundai i30, Chevy Aveo 5, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Latio Sport, blah blah.. So many choices.. so little info..

Neutral Newbie

Hi! I heard the local Opel dealer will be bringing the new Astra 1.6 Turbo. It has 180 bhp! Suggest you wait and see this car. I saw this very cool integrated bicycle rack image on the Web. Check it out!

post-42051-1276505833.jpg

post-42051-1276505848.jpg

Scirocco...

scirocco-f.jpeg

a hot hatch must look really hot... yah?...

for my taste, I think I only like the Scirocco among the offerings available today...

I'm a fan of the DSG gearbox. Of course get the 2.0 if budget isn't an issue, but I think the premium is a little high over the 1.4...

now's not the best time to get a new car, yah? It's now $117K, almost $20K more than when it first come out! [:(]

:D:D I get your joke! but on serious note, take your statement literally, yea i think cars look better without any tint, full clear glass, let the daylight in, together with beige/cream interior and some wood trim, best [thumbsup] i don't understand why super-tinted windows and black interiors are all the rage these days--ugly, and so claustrophobic

edit: my contribution, suggestion, BMW 130 3-door

aye... but when I see a car without tinting I physically feel very hot... heh...

(edited)

Hi, considering of getting another car. A hatch back. Can you guys give me your opinions and suggestions?

For your budget, 2 car in mind..

1) Fiat Bravo T-Jet 150 Hp

Have not test drive, but look nice to me

2) Volkswagen Golf Sport Twincharged 160 Hp

Test drive

Pros: Powerful engine, good handling, quiet, low road tax, the front look nice, DSG, well specification, moddable.

Cons: 7 Speed DSG is for max 250 Nm torque and the car already produce 240 Nm torque. May have issues in long term. Back seat cannot go down fully unlike Honda Jazz or Volkswagen Polo.

Subjective: Backside not very nice looking, spacious cabin (people with long leg and body think it is too cramped but people with short leg and body like me find it spacious.)

Edited by Beei

Turbocharged

Scirocco...

scirocco-f.jpeg

a hot hatch must look really hot... yah?...

for my taste, I think I only like the Scirocco among the offerings available today...

I'm a fan of the DSG gearbox. Of course get the 2.0 if budget isn't an issue, but I think the premium is a little high over the 1.4...

now's not the best time to get a new car, yah? It's now $117K, almost $20K more than when it first come out! [:(]

Dont look at it as a 1.4cc. Look at it as a 2.5cc (which its power and drive feel like). then you will get over its price issue [:p]

Neutral Newbie

For your budget, 2 car in mind..

1) Fiat Bravo T-Jet 150 Hp

Have not test drive, but look nice to me

2) Volkswagen Golf Sport Twincharged 160 Hp

Test drive

Pros: Powerful engine, good handling, quiet, low road tax, the front look nice, DSG, well specification, moddable.

Cons: 7 Speed DSG is for max 250 Nm torque and the car already produce 240 Nm torque. May have issues in long term. Back seat cannot go down fully unlike Honda Jazz or Volkswagen Polo.

Subjective: Backside not very nice looking, spacious cabin (people with long leg and body think it is too cramped but people with short leg and body like me find it spacious.)

Tried the bravo. Turbo is gd can feel the power but when change gear(auto) very jerky. Passengers will feel like puking. Manual better. Smoother

Tried the bravo. Turbo is gd can feel the power but when change gear(auto) very jerky. Passengers will feel like puking. Manual better. Smoother

Then I guess lost out to the DSG of volkswagen..

Neutral Newbie

Then I guess lost out to the DSG of volkswagen..

but I heard dsg also has it's own problems. But I admit it's smoother. Probably someone can share their experience w the dsg?

↡ Advertisement