Alfa 147 - A Decade...

DelleIII

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

It has been quite some time on a thread for Alfa 147 (aka 937 Model)... Well, this model is a decade old this year and no longer in production since the Giulietta is replacing the 147. If i'm not wrong last production came out of Turin in 2008?

I understand there are less than 250 147s on the road currently based on 2 reliable sources and i believe since the 147 is launched back in 2000, this year onwards we may see more and more 147 on the chopping board. [bigcry] I've been in Kranji a couple of times this year and already since 4 chopped 147s within a month...

The 147 GTA is even more rare now and believe to be less than 20 on the road... given the chance i would consider selling my 2.0 for a GTA and keep it for many many years to come.

Those who owned, still owning or even driven the 147s, do share your experience on the beautiful bella! :wub:

147 specs that was launched in the 10 years of production (Some specs not available locally):

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6L TS (Manual)

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0L TS (Selespeed/Manual)

Alfa Romeo 147 3.2L V6 (Selespeed/Manual)

Special Edition:

Alfa Romeo 147 TI

Alfa Romeo 147 Q2

Alfa Romeo 147 Murphy&Nye

Alfa Romeo 147 C’N’C CoSTUME NATIONAL

Alfa Romeo 147 Ducati Corse

Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione

Alfa Romeo 147 Blackline

Edited by DelleIII
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Our Mojoe tested the 147 a decade back and had an unforgettable experience. That visit to the showroom woke up his serpent.

I mean, the serpent woke him up.

Edited by Chrispie

i had the 1.6 prefacelift. lovely car to drive with a very nice engine note. car begs to be rev hard due to close gear ratios. for a base model, its specs are rich, with cruise control. traction control, dual zone aircon etc. i would have kept the car till 10 years if not for getting married and my other half can't drive a manual. i know ppl who kept this car past 200k mileage. manual is always best if want to keep a car for long. personally, i prefer the old look to the new one. and at least for the older ones, the specs are better.

Neutral Newbie

Our Mojoe tested the 147 a decade back and had an unforgettable experience. That visit to the showroom woke up his serpent.

Haha... the two serpents met! :D

Neutral Newbie

i had the 1.6 prefacelift. lovely car to drive with a very nice engine note. car begs to be rev hard due to close gear ratios. for a base model, its specs are rich, with cruise control. traction control, dual zone aircon etc. i would have kept the car till 10 years if not for getting married and my other half can't drive a manual. i know ppl who kept this car past 200k mileage. manual is always best if want to keep a car for long. personally, i prefer the old look to the new one. and at least for the older ones, the specs are better.

U referring to doug on his bella past 200k...lol... yes, it must be an experience. Driving a 147 or Alfa for that matter do give you a new experience every time you are behind the wheel. Be it first day you test drove the car till today, the drive is as exciting as day one. That's why if given a choice, the 147 GTA (which only comes in pre-FL) will be the car i would keep for long.

U referring to doug on his bella past 200k...lol... yes, it must be an experience. Driving a 147 or Alfa for that matter do give you a new experience every time you are behind the wheel. Be it first day you test drove the car till today, the drive is as exciting as day one. That's why if given a choice, the 147 GTA (which only comes in pre-FL) will be the car i would keep for long.

yea, saw his post in aroc. i remember one guy selling manual GTA. that's the one to go for. try this link and see if sale still on.

gta

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

yea, saw his post in aroc. i remember one guy selling manual GTA. that's the one to go for. try this link and see if sale still on.

gta

That's Andrew's GTA....sadly, he exported the car [bigcry]

Edited by DelleIII

My friend is still driving it. the pre-FL 147.

I still remember being dragged to test drive it when I was in uni.

The 147 was what bit my serpent was a case of being bitten by the serpent.

Neutral Newbie

My friend is still driving it. the pre-FL 147.

I still remember being dragged to test drive it when I was in uni.

The 147 was what bit my serpent was a case of being bitten by the serpent.

Haha... good one. Serpent is very poisonous... [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

I've encountered a few 147s on the road both FL and Pre-FL (aside from those i know la)... i doubt this owners are from AROC...tried to wave or smile and they don't even bother to look. :(

As for 147 GTA, last i saw one was Andrew's GTA... and another Grey GTA owned by one caucasian, very very rare.

Neutral Newbie

basket... secretly post this kind of thing. [smash][rifle]

Neutral Newbie

I test drove the 147 2.0 many moons ago... I still remember the drive experience with the car and the SE and I only just got my car license then. The SE kept asking me and my friend to push... the car.

Lovely TS roar :wub:

I actually prefer the look of the pre-FL...

The pre face lift 147 is nearly as rare as the 156 TS these days. GTA versions are even harder to spot. Will be extinct on SG roads soon. [:(]

More 159 on the road since last year though. [drivingcar]

I test drove the 147 2.0 many moons ago... I still remember the drive experience with the car and the SE and I only just got my car license then. The SE kept asking me and my friend to push... the car.

Lovely TS roar :wub:

I actually prefer the look of the pre-FL...

wow.. wonder how the SE look.. to make your serpent you enjoyed the test drive so much...

↡ Advertisement