Alfa 147 - A Decade...

DelleIII

That's the TI rims yeah?

I had the GTA rims on my 156 too. Nicest rims ever. Too bad the PCD's off.

Why PCD off? Or you mean offset?

↡ Advertisement

Alfa 147 Rims Part 2:

The tear drop wheels are the easiest to wash rims I ever come across. [thumbsup]

I test drove the 147 2.0 many moons ago... I still remember the drive experience with the car and the SE and I only just got my car license then. The SE kept asking me and my friend to push... the car.

but sadly now they require a mandatory 1 year driving experience before they allow you to test drive the car.

but sadly now they require a mandatory 1 year driving experience before they allow you to test drive the car.

really? is it for EA only or across the board?

So if say i just got my license, i gotta bring say.. my dad for the test drive. But buy under my name?

really? is it for EA only or across the board?

So if say i just got my license, i gotta bring say.. my dad for the test drive. But buy under my name?

i think across the board bah. I went to chevrolet and suzuki (both at ubi)... they saw my driving license and both rejected me, and they say this is a industry-wide regulation.

But of coz if you want to buy a car, buy under your dad's name lor. Newbie drivers' insurance very expensive one, or am I right? And since you can't test drive the car, your dad has to do it lor.

he had a sleepless night.. the mini he has is not able to satisfy.

no lah has not been sleeping well lately

wake up every 2 hours

very stressful period

i think across the board bah. I went to chevrolet and suzuki (both at ubi)... they saw my driving license and both rejected me, and they say this is a industry-wide regulation.

But of coz if you want to buy a car, buy under your dad's name lor. Newbie drivers' insurance very expensive one, or am I right? And since you can't test drive the car, your dad has to do it lor.

I bought my first car under my dad's name when I was 21. No insurance company wanna take me.

When I got the 156 (my third car), my insurance was ard 3k. I was looking at a few other cars too...

the WRX, Euro R, EVO: 5k+

I was 26 then.

I bought my first car under my dad's name when I was 21. No insurance company wanna take me.

When I got the 156 (my third car), my insurance was ard 3k. I was looking at a few other cars too...

the WRX, Euro R, EVO: 5k+

I was 26 then.

wa. by the time you're 21 uu must be fa cai liao. haha.

Neutral Newbie

Sadly... from what i heard, SG roads left with only 5 147 GTAs.... [bigcry] Those who gotten the car back in 2003 onwards would have either scrap or exported since the OMV is so high back then. So to see it for sale will be 1 in 180,000 chances in SG. [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What Alfa is this?

Alfa Spyder.... Same body as Alfa Brera only it is soft top.

Looks a bit like it is on Novitec Kit.... hmmm...interesting kit.

post-71630-1278989377.jpg

Edited by Le_Stig

Neutral Newbie

Sadly... from what i heard, SG roads left with only 5 147 GTAs.... [bigcry] Those who gotten the car back in 2003 onwards would have either scrap or exported since the OMV is so high back then. So to see it for sale will be 1 in 180,000 chances in SG. [shakehead]

I guess mine must be one of the last ones then.

I own a 2003 147 GTA (blue, manual, same as my pic, debadged). Nearly seven years old, but the performance is still incredible.

It's been a mixture of joy and pain. The joy being the smile it puts on face every day. The pain being the money pit its been for the last couple of years.

Last year the gear box actually cracked. I had to import a new one from Italy. It cost me 12k (including installation) [bigcry] , but I love the car so much I just had to do it.

Sad to hear that Andrew exported his.

It's so rare to get a wave from new Alfa owners these days. So to the Alfisti, if you see me, let's exchange a thumbs up (I work on Cecil Street).

All the best.

I guess mine must be one of the last ones then.

I own a 2003 147 GTA (blue, manual, same as my pic, debadged). Nearly seven years old, but the performance is still incredible.

It's been a mixture of joy and pain. The joy being the smile it puts on face every day. The pain being the money pit its been for the last couple of years.

Last year the gear box actually cracked. I had to import a new one from Italy. It cost me 12k (including installation) [bigcry] , but I love the car so much I just had to do it.

Sad to hear that Andrew exported his.

It's so rare to get a wave from new Alfa owners these days. So to the Alfisti, if you see me, let's exchange a thumbs up (I work on Cecil Street).

All the best.

12K to replace the gearbox? WOW.... does that apply to all models or just the GTA? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement