Alfa 147 - A Decade...

DelleIII

Neutral Newbie

I guess mine must be one of the last ones then.

I own a 2003 147 GTA (blue, manual, same as my pic, debadged). Nearly seven years old, but the performance is still incredible.

It's been a mixture of joy and pain. The joy being the smile it puts on face every day. The pain being the money pit its been for the last couple of years.

Last year the gear box actually cracked. I had to import a new one from Italy. It cost me 12k (including installation) [bigcry] , but I love the car so much I just had to do it.

Sad to hear that Andrew exported his.

It's so rare to get a wave from new Alfa owners these days. So to the Alfisti, if you see me, let's exchange a thumbs up (I work on Cecil Street).

All the best.

I think i saw you a couple of times driving pass Amoy St (Light Blue?)... Anyway, in future if you consider selling your GTA, please, put me as priority list. :wub:

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

12K to replace the gearbox? WOW.... does that apply to all models or just the GTA? Thanks!

No, definitely not. For main stream models it would probably cost a fraction (less than half?) of the GTA gearbox (6 speed). There are so few GTA's here. it's not a part they'd keep in stock.

I also paid a premium by going to EA.

Don't let my cost of maintenance comments put you off. The car is 7 years old now. It's to be expected. This is my third Alfa (155, 156, 147GTA).

My next car will be an Alfa, wife permitting. I wouldn't want anything else.

Edited by Chinaski

Neutral Newbie

I think i saw you a couple of times driving pass Amoy St (Light Blue?)... Anyway, in future if you consider selling your GTA, please, put me as priority list. :wub:

Yes, that's me.

Probably leaving Singapore in February. Will keep you posted.

No, definitely not. For main stream models it would probably cost a fraction (less than half?) of the GTA gearbox (6 speed). There are so few GTA's here. it's not a part they'd keep in stock.

I also paid a premium by going to EA.

Don't let my cost of maintenance comments put you off. The car is 7 years old now. It's to be expected. This is my third Alfa (155, 156, 147GTA).

My next car will be an Alfa, wife permitting. I wouldn't want anything else.

which model are you aiming next?

Neutral Newbie

[wave] 147s are vanishing from on our roads... good, so our ride gets rarer... [cool]

urs a sele or stick shift ?

Just saw another 147 casualty and now available at Propel (scarpyard)... Another tragic end to one bella. [bigcry]

Mine is SS. I recently saw a few 147s but mostly driven by x gen. Haha...wave at them they think i crazy... :wacko:

Neutral Newbie

Hi... my 2.0 SS bella, is 5yrs old in 2 weeks time, i decided to buy her anti roll, lower spring, shock abs and maybe new exhaust!! SS transmission gives me some wear and tear problem but not complaining once I step into the car and enjoy the ride ;-)

Neutral Newbie

Hi... my 2.0 SS bella, is 5yrs old in 2 weeks time, i decided to buy her anti roll, lower spring, shock abs and maybe new exhaust!! SS transmission gives me some wear and tear problem but not complaining once I step into the car and enjoy the ride ;-)

[wave] Cool! 1st owner?

Neutral Newbie

[wave] I changed my shocks and springs when my bella was 5yrs old.. i'm on HR lowering springs and koni yellow shocks. also installed a momo alfa front strut bar.. handles great !!

exhaust set up - supersprint extractor, novitec cat back exhaust and sports cat... pulls great !!

Neutral Newbie

wow... please advise me more [:)] I was told to go for Eibach Pro Kit and anti roll but have to order and wait for at least a month; thought could get the Novitec cat back today but out of stock [:(] should I go for the spring booster?

Neutral Newbie

wow... please advise me more [:)] I was told to go for Eibach Pro Kit and anti roll but have to order and wait for at least a month; thought could get the Novitec cat back today but out of stock [:(] should I go for the spring booster?

i heard eibach pro kit is good. my HR springs and koni shocks is little harsh in my opinion..

The eibach anti roll bar kit is too.. i am also considering to install it. many good reviews on the eibach anti roll bar kit on the net.

you mean sprint booster ? i am using it...it does make your rev counter go livelier.... well, go for the 2nd hand ones.. no point paying more than $150 for it.

Also, if can, go for the BMC CDA kit.. i have it, i felt slight improvement but it is the sound of it.. shiok..

↡ Advertisement