Lane 1 for goods vehicles

Since the speed limit for goods vehicles had been revised to 70kmh, lane 2 became their "default" lane. Many had been using it like their Right of Lane. Driving at 70 or 80kmh like their Ah Kong's road. So on a 3 lane expressway Lane 2 & 3 kenah mekan be these goods vehicles.

So car drivers will have to tread in and out of Lane 2 & 1.

But as lane 1 is reserved for overtaking and emergency vehcile. that is a problem to live with.

Lately, goods vehicles have migrated to using lane 1 as their "faster" lane. Wont be surprised to see Heavy vehicles also use lane 1 like their VIP lanes.

↡ Advertisement

I do drive van on my work assignment. I am also a car driver.

I am happy that TP never pester van that travels 70km/hr on the lane2. Goods vehicles also pay road tax, also pays ERP and COE. Some more goods vehicles are 99% all the time rushing for time to meet datelines for deliveries. So van/lorries drivers time are as important as car drivers.

Because there is no wrong or offence for the TP to successfully bring the van/lorries who keep to lane2 to court for whatever reasons.

I mean if the toothless TP can find reason to summon or catch van/lorries who use lane2 or even lane1, they would have done it long long ago, and announce on newspaper and TV many time liao. After so many years(after the increase in speed limit to 70km/hr), the driving habit of van/lorry drivers has gotten used to the lane2 rule. No wrong according to TP/LTA, so why are only car drivers KPKB about it?

Live with it, this is Singapore!

I also am a car driver. But sometimes I drive my family business van. What really irks me is that vans and lorries are going at 50-60km on the 2nd lane. If vehicles are going this slow but they want to overtake a even slower vehicle on the third lane, just overtake and go back to the third lane. I am sure that there are other vans/lorries/cars who want to go at 80-90km per hr on the 2nd lane. Whatever vehicle I am driving, I always make it a point to overtake and go back into the slower lane if I am not faster then the vehicles behind me.

One good example of idiots who hog the expressways is AYE towards airport at the PSA terminal just before MBS. you see trailers/vans/ slow cars hogging the 2nd lane when the can bloody jolly well filter in to the third lane just after the big tiger beer sign there.

I have no qualms of any vehicle going fast. its just that when slow vehicles start to clog up the lanes, the results would be jams.

if van drive above 80km/h in lane 2, i have no problem. i have encountered a lot of private car driver driving 70km/h on lane 2.

in fact, i dont think that all commercial vehicles aparts from G plate has the speed limit increase.

i stil believe trailer/ big commercial vehicles will pose a hazard to others if they drive too fast.

Since the speed limit for goods vehicles had been revised to 70kmh, lane 2 became their "default" lane. Many had been using it like their Right of Lane. Driving at 70 or 80kmh like their Ah Kong's road. So on a 3 lane expressway Lane 2 & 3 kenah mekan be these goods vehicles.

So car drivers will have to tread in and out of Lane 2 & 1.

But as lane 1 is reserved for overtaking and emergency vehcile. that is a problem to live with.

Lately, goods vehicles have migrated to using lane 1 as their "faster" lane. Wont be surprised to see Heavy vehicles also use lane 1 like their VIP lanes.

There's nothing you can do except try to overtake them. Expressway got 3 to 4 lanes, sometimes more, no need to stick to one lane, step on it and overtake. No point whining elephant or grandma on the 2nd or 1st or 3rd lane, they cannot read your mind. Why must everything go by the book? You are human being or a piece of wood?

I think that even trailers and big lorries have their limits increased. I remember back in the 90s they had a sticker that says 40km/h or 50 km/h. Now i see 50 and 60 Km/h on their rear.

correct me if I am wrong.

How about comercial vehicles also can travel at 90kmh . Then the whole expressway run in sychronise. I think is less danger that way, at least people do not need to siam here siam there ....

How about comercial vehicles also can travel at 90kmh . Then the whole expressway run in sychronise. I think is less danger that way, at least people do not need to siam here siam there ....

will still overtake them.. cos they r too big n tall.. cannot see the traffic situation infront lol [laugh]

No complain for me also for commercial vehicles driving on 2nd lane of xpressways IF they keep

going at least 70km/h or more. Those that irk me were driving on lane 2 at speed <60 km/h when

ahead basically empty or big gap further ahead of this vehicle. But I don't like driving behind big

commercial vehicles as I couldn't see what is the situation further ahead [:)]

No complain for me also for commercial vehicles driving on 2nd lane of xpressways IF they keep

going at least 70km/h or more. Those that irk me were driving on lane 2 at speed <60 km/h when

ahead basically empty or big gap further ahead of this vehicle. But I don't like driving behind big

commercial vehicles as I couldn't see what is the situation further ahead [:)]

yes, i feel the same here! slow moving vehicles should keep to the left. [whip]

There's nothing you can do except try to overtake them. Expressway got 3 to 4 lanes, sometimes more, no need to stick to one lane, step on it and overtake. No point whining elephant or grandma on the 2nd or 1st or 3rd lane, they cannot read your mind. Why must everything go by the book? You are human being or a piece of wood?

but but but.. someone will come and post that certain car wave in and out of traffic [:p]

sigh.. want to move ahead also difficult leh..

For trailer and Y plate, it is really dangerous to travel so fast. In one rainy day, i encountered two lorries (nissan/toyota) skid on the expressway. One was lucky, not much traffic and car behind stop in time. another one in the jam, skid and hit the side rail. Both lorries not travelled at high speed. Just that some of them, no ABS, never check tyre condition. They just lost control with unexpected brake.

how abt lane 1 no speed limit?

When you e-brake at 90kmh, would you want a fully loaded commercial vehicle at the same speed behind you doing the same?

......there goes again....another lane 'debate' :D

my dablo goes 80.....@ lane2 @ Eways [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement