Dyson Fan

SimonTan

If aesthetics or young children's fingers are not of concern, get the industrial air circulator. That is thr best bang for buck with performance to boot.

Just one smallish one in one corner of the room the circulation of the air can be felt in most part of the room.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Reviving this old thread cos im quite gian to buy a dyson fan.

Any bros here have one? can share your review on it? TIA.

The fan sucks balls.

The wind strength cannot make it, the noise is TERRIBLE (somemore my model can claim 20% quieter than first version)

It's like having a mini vacuum cleaner at you room. If you want queiter you have to turn down the speed and then it will blow fark. The controls are terrible the fan is not immune to dirt. Just that you clean it easier, but it cannot perform it's primary function. Blowing wind.

The fan is a disappointment and I cannot believe I spend 600 for it. I did further read up and it seems to be more for Aircon climate in office. Now it's more of an ornament in my studyroom. Avoid at ALL COST!

If you don't believe and still die die want to get. Hallelujah! Please give us your FR after using it for one week. I praise you 100 points!

The fans are crap. If you want Dyson, their vacuum cleaners are the good ones.

- ex-carrot of the Dyson fan.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
(edited)

Big fan of ass [grin]

Your post has wrong pic bro. Here... I attach for you  [:p]

EDIT: wait... you only said big fan of ass... this pic I attach is fan of big ass  [laugh]

ae19db88b60718c71e983afdb0f3cc1a.jpg

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 2

Your post has wrong pic bro. Here... I attach for you  [:p]

EDIT: wait... you only said big fan of ass... this pic I attach is fan of big ass  [laugh]

Wah lau, the "wind" from this will blow you out, read pass out. [laugh]

• Praise 5

I swore off Dyson fan.

But I am thinking of getting the new Dyson V6 Fluffy vacumn. Anyone got feedback on this? Or I need to start another thread for this?

I have one of their standing fan and still working good after 3.5 years (the plastics do started to turn yellowish as I place it next to the glass door). To clean the air inlet (those small round holes), just use a vacuum with brush attachment to clear them once a few months, not too torublesome for me.

Yes, the wind is not as strong as normal fan with blade, but good enough for my use (as my family and I don't prefer strong blast of wind blowing directly into our face). The only complaint I have is the noise, like raining whole night. hahaha...

I swore off Dyson fan.

But I am thinking of getting the new Dyson V6 Fluffy vacumn. Anyone got feedback on this? Or I need to start another thread for this?

If you can wait a little longer, get the V8 Fluffy. It is much quieter.

V6 Fluffy (with motorised roller head) is using the same motor and body as my older DC62 (with normal motorised brush head). Powerful but again very noisy. The newer V8 is realtively quite, from my hand on experience, and battery life is claimed to be up to 40 min, good enough for a typical 5 room flat even (V6 battery life is only 20 min - I can get 15 to 20 min most of the time).

• Praise 5

I only bought a tower because of I got wind of a staff sales. 50% discount like that plus I moving house so end up I used it mainly for aesthetic purposes only at my indoor balcony. 

I have one of their standing fan and still working good after 3.5 years (the plastics do started to turn yellowish as I place it next to the glass door). To clean the air inlet (those small round holes), just use a vacuum with brush attachment to clear them once a few months, not too torublesome for me.

Yes, the wind is not as strong as normal fan with blade, but good enough for my use (as my family and I don't prefer strong blast of wind blowing directly into our face). The only complaint I have is the noise, like raining whole night. hahaha...

If you can wait a little longer, get the V8 Fluffy. It is much quieter.

V6 Fluffy (with motorised roller head) is using the same motor and body as my older DC62 (with normal motorised brush head). Powerful but again very noisy. The newer V8 is realtively quite, from my hand on experience, and battery life is claimed to be up to 40 min, good enough for a typical 5 room flat even (V6 battery life is only 20 min - I can get 15 to 20 min most of the time).

I only tried the V6 fluffy at one of the roadshows, not too bad, loud but I was not expecting it to be quiet.

How's the reliability, suction power, ease of cleaning?

the demonstrator claims that no consumables (ie filters that needs to be replaced)

When is the V8 coming out?

Tks guys looks like i'll be saving some money.

Initially i also tot of buying e v6 fluffy haha but decided to stick to my electrolux which still works fine. Anyway Robinsons got sale now, old model dyson desk fan and v6 fluffy together $1k

(edited)

I only tried the V6 fluffy at one of the roadshows, not too bad, loud but I was not expecting it to be quiet.

How's the reliability, suction power, ease of cleaning?

the demonstrator claims that no consumables (ie filters that needs to be replaced)

When is the V8 coming out?

It don't sounds loud because you are at a public area (with high background noise). You will know the noise level once you use it at home. But to be fair, it (V6 Fluffy) is still quieter than many other vacuum cleaner, and the noise is higher because the motor is very close to the user (it is a handheld afterall). V8 on the other hand is quieter (my personal feel about ~30%) because of the different sound frequency generated, coupled with the use of HEPA filter at the exhuast point.

I had my DC62 for about 2 years +, and so far so good. Exactly as what Dyson has claimed, no lost of suction power. Compare to normal wired vacuum cleaner (honestly, other cordless handheld model totally no fight), it can pick up fine dust particle very well, if not better. My mum even commended that she can reduce the number of times of wet mopping the floor as the floor no longer feel dusty after vacuuming.

As it has no bag filter, cleaning is very straight forward. Just pull the latch to release the dust in the cylinder into our dust bin. No rocket science here. If you want, you can also detach the cylinder and rinse the cylinder to give it a fresher look (but I don't normally do it). Yes, no consumable to be replaced (the HEPA filter at the exhaust outlet can last for life l=time of the machine).

V8 is already out in Japan and Europe, and I expect it to be launched here sometime in late Q3 this year. You can check out more details on their website.

http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/dyson-v8/dyson-v8-absolute.aspx

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Your post has wrong pic bro. Here... I attach for you [:p]

EDIT: wait... you only said big fan of ass... this pic I attach is fan of big ass [laugh]

Hahaha

All the

big ass fan

Fan of big ass

Big fan of ass

Big Ass of fan

Ass of big fan

All cum out

:XD:

(edited)

Tks guys looks like i'll be saving some money.

Initially i also tot of buying e v6 fluffy haha but decided to stick to my electrolux which still works fine. Anyway Robinsons got sale now, old model dyson desk fan and v6 fluffy together $1k

Sorry, but Electrolux can't match Fluffy performance. IIRC, only 1 or 2 Shark model (in US) come close to Dyson vacuum.

Dyson desk fan useless one. Standing / tower fan is the minimium if you die die want a Dyson.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

Why need to add the "ass"? Very the extra leh... :D

fanny

ˈfani/
noun

1. 1.
    BRITISHvulgar slang
    a woman's genitals.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICANinformal
    a person's buttocks.
verb
BRITISHinformal

1. 1.
    mess around and waste time.
    "they were fannying about in the street"

Hahaha
All the
big ass fan
Fan of big ass
Big fan of ass
Big Ass of fan
Ass of big fan
All cum out
:XD:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Guys, looking for cordless vacuum

Dyson v6 any good?

£499.99, maybe $1k..too rich for me for a piece of cordless vacuum cleaner. [laugh]

Mine B&D only $80, don't care how loud. It works, that's it.

To splash $1k is for rich people.

↡ Advertisement