Dyson Fan

SimonTan

The 12" and 10" seems to have the same 40W sized motor and base design.

In the end I bought the smaller 10" Dyson, thinking that it might pushed air outwards at a higher pressure(due to smaller ring size) and thus stronger wind distance (compared to the 12" one)

The sound level is just like a normal fan - noisy. Its more like high pitch turbine whirr(in fact the hidden impeller is a turbine design), compared to the chop-chop blade sound of normal fans.

The windyness....well like a gente breeze...good for my children room use.

No more worries about them poking pencil and fingers into the normal fans anymore.

$399 for a safer fan? I think its reasonable $$$ vs safety(buy already so must justify lah).

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I think Dyson cannot get patent for Bernoulli's effect but design. I hope so. Then more fan mfr will come out with their design based on this Bernoulli effect.

Maybe it is possble large fan >16" or to incorporate into the window frame and have a very big fan... :D

dyson patent

they have a few patents. above is just one of them. Bernoulli effect is well known but not in use as a fan. Getting a patent is highly possible. So I guess other major companies (exclude the small cheena company) will have to get a license to makethe fan. Guess they ar likely to have the monopoly.

Edited by Hosaybo

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all the interest and all PMs replied.

Additional info :

The fan cost me $429 as per pricing at Best IMM.

The clear wrapper protecting the round ring is still there.

Not used since I got my normal fan repaired.

Genuine offer above $360 takes it..

Will close and deal this Saturday upon my biz trip so pls leave contact nbr.

Serious buyers pls... Tks.

Cheers...

Hello....

Buyer did not respond after confirming deal <_< so this mint Dyson Fan is still available.

Will deal next weekend upon my return. Thanks! [:)]

Neutral Newbie

i saw the fan at best too... cool technology to have but price wise its really quite ex... but the safety aspect is worth the money... those with small kids in the house will know what i meant... this will be the future of fan...

One observation after two weeks of usage.

The suction holes at the base accumulates dust, but easily cleaned with a baby wet wipes.

The ring also shows sign of dust accumulation afte just one week, again a wet tissue will clean it easily.

The problem I forsee is the dust that accumulates on the inside of the ring, which will definately requires the ring to be dipped in water to 'wash' out the dust.

As for the dust that will surely accumulates on the impeller of the fan, I guess just like the fan blades in the air-con in our house and car, OUT OF SIGHT = OUT OF MIND.

wait for price to drop.....................if dyson can intro this technology..................ltr akira also can intro theirs..................of cse price dun know lah

wait for price to drop.....................if dyson can intro this technology..................ltr akira also can intro theirs..................of cse price dun know lah

Soon there will be lots of imitations from you-know-where but better to avoid at all cost.

Wah this Dyson fan not cheap wor . . . . but it'll be highly recommended for families with young children.

Looks like a giant bubble blower . . . [laugh]

Yes only good for family with young curious kids. Also for those who wants to have a nice modern look to their new house.

The turbine blade inside the base, can sound noisy when surrounding is quiet.

Wah, the imitation also got it's patent number at the base embossed leh.

I like the remote control. The carry handle is redundant as you can carry from the circular part itself.

I think it's available during the commix recently.

Now waiting for it to appear in the neighborhood shop.

I guess initial launching cost is always high in view of the time, money and effort into R&D- the company will want to recover their cost. The fake probably did reverse engineering or duplicate part for part to assemble the fan.

I guess it is currently being sold as a novelty, premium product which explain its high cost.