Dyson Fan

SimonTan

£499.99, maybe $1k..too rich for me for a piece of cordless vacuum cleaner. [laugh]

Mine B&D only $80, don't care how loud. It works, that's it.

To splash $1k is for rich people.

About 700

Yeah damn expensive

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

About 700

Yeah damn expensive

I'm using the B&D one. Last time can ship from Amazon, now like cannot

http://www.amazon.com/Decker-BDH2000PL-Lithium-Vacuum-20-volt/dp/B00IOEFBKS/

For cordless vacuum, as long as you select a 20V lithium-ion battery type, will be quite powerful.

I have another deWalt one, but unless you already got the battery and charger, have to spend more money on them.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC515K-2-Gallon-18-Volt-Cordless/dp/B000BAURXY/

It has a HEPA filter, recently I use it to vacuum ponding in my van. Dunno where all the water come from, must have leaked in from outside.

• Praise 2

I have that exact same B&D model. From Amazon. used to be able to ship direct IIRC, used the free shipping.

This 20V model only avail in USA. Locally I think they only bring in the 18V version, less powerful.

This one quite useful for day to day occasional odd jobs like vacuuming up spilt sugar, flour, nail clippings, aircon filter cleaning, car interior vacuuming.

The only main problem I have is that this is 110V, so have to get a transformer to use locally. Luckily because the power is meant for charger base to charge the battery, the amperage requirement is not  huge so a simple wall plug-type transformer (~$10) from Sim Lim Sq will do. If the power source is meant to power the vacuum directly, your transformer will need to get those large bricks/box type $100-$200 type. [sweatdrop]

The only reasons why I am deciding to get Dyson over and on top of the B&D is because of the long rod, which saves your back, and the broad vacuum head at the end to make quick work of a large area like the whole room floor. 

I'm using the B&D one. Last time can ship from Amazon, now like cannot

http://www.amazon.com/Decker-BDH2000PL-Lithium-Vacuum-20-volt/dp/B00IOEFBKS/

For cordless vacuum, as long as you select a 20V lithium-ion battery type, will be quite powerful.

I have another deWalt one, but unless you already got the battery and charger, have to spend more money on them.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC515K-2-Gallon-18-Volt-Cordless/dp/B000BAURXY/

It has a HEPA filter, recently I use it to vacuum ponding in my van. Dunno where all the water come from, must have leaked in from outside.

Supersonic

I have that exact same B&D model. From Amazon. used to be able to ship direct IIRC, used the free shipping.

This 20V model only avail in USA. Locally I think they only bring in the 18V version, less powerful.

This one quite useful for day to day occasional odd jobs like vacuuming up spilt sugar, flour, nail clippings, aircon filter cleaning, car interior vacuuming.

The only main problem I have is that this is 110V, so have to get a transformer to use locally. Luckily because the power is meant for charger base to charge the battery, the amperage requirement is not  huge so a simple wall plug-type transformer (~$10) from Sim Lim Sq will do. If the power source is meant to power the vacuum directly, your transformer will need to get those large bricks/box type $100-$200 type. [sweatdrop]

Someone mentioned the transformer can work on 230Vac, even though the label says 110Vac.

I tried it and it works. So I don't use a converter at all, just direct plug-in. It didn't blew up.

Ohhh you are damn garang! Don't dare to do that when the label already state is 110V only. Furthermore, we have no way of verifying if they made some component change internally for different batches. So even if it works for some reported cases, my batch could be different batch with different internal component.

Don't have balls to do that, and since a wall plug type transformer is only about $10... [laugh]

Someone mentioned the transformer can work on 230Vac, even though the label says 110Vac.

I tried it and it works. So I don't use a converter at all, just direct plug-in. It didn't blew up.

Anyone tried flushing their dyson fan upper fan frame with water jet?

Does it help remove the dirt? Or not advisable?

Normal wiping of the surface will do, don't need to use water jet as the channel inside are very open.

Btw, the casing are all spray painted (including the chromed looking type, except for white), so using water jet might result in paint peeling.

• Praise 4

(edited)

Normal wiping of the surface will do, don't need to use water jet as the channel inside are very open.

Btw, the casing are all spray painted (including the chromed looking type, except for white), so using water jet might result in paint peeling.

But if you look closely, there is a lot of dust trapped inside the plastic frame. Sometimes knocked it over and it starts to blow all the dust balls out.

In the long term, I feel it becomes a source of dirty air.

Right now, I only wipe and vacuum the vents.

Edited by badlammy

Anyone tried flushing their dyson fan upper fan frame with water jet?

Does it help remove the dirt? Or not advisable?

i don't. the lower ventilation holes i sometimes use portable vacuum to suck. That's about it.

Hijack the thread...anyone has a spare of this? The thread is worn, unable to lock the blade fully therefore making lots of noise

Have kept a full set of parts from the faulty old fan but couldn’t find it now

post-163127-0-59932700-1561289641_thumb.jpeg

post-163127-0-85492300-1561289649_thumb.jpeg